• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Chet Faliszek ‏@chetfaliszek 7h

Buying Titanfall on Origin triggered this response from my bank - "Unusual Credit Card Activity" True dat...

It's crazy how easy Assassin's Creed can be to play. My GF rented Black Flag over the weekend for the PS3 (comfy couch and all) and while she really doesn't play any games other than things like Scribblenauts or Plants vs Zombies, she was able to pick it up in about 15 - 20 minutes and now only dies when she gets a bit too impatient and attacks without blocking enough. Difficulty setting is normal, iirc.

It was really weird to see that.

yuraya

Buying Titanfall on Origin triggered this response from my bank - "Unusual Credit Card Activity" True dat...

EA just can't catch a break. Even major financial institutions have them on the shit list
;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

And so begins an ARG that will end with Origin games on Steam.

so, if TF ends up on Steam, would people who have it on Origin need to purchase it again? I doubt Respawn would be happy about fragmenting that base, EA though...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so, if TF ends up on Steam, would people who have it on Origin need to purchase it again? I doubt Respawn would be happy about fragmenting that base, EA though...

I doubt it, but you could probably wring a Steam key out of EA if you bothered Support enough; I plan to do just that for Crysis 2 vanilla. The fact that I own both Crysis 2 and Crysis 2: ME on Origin but only the latter on Steam is very disconcerting to me. :(

Edit: Oh, I misread your post. You wouldn't need to purchase the game again.

How do the ME3 multiplayer packs work then? The PvZ2 microtranscations are basically the same thing.

BioWare Spacebucks.

It was pulled a while ago. I think the rights reverted back to Marvel/Disney.

Acti dropped its contract with Marvel, which was extended back in 2005 for another 12 years (in other words, it was still valid for another three years).

It's crazy how easy Assassin's Creed can be to play. My GF rented Black Flag over the weekend for the PS3 (comfy couch and all) and while she really doesn't play any games other than things like Scribblenauts or Plants vs Zombies, she was able to pick it up in about 15 - 20 minutes and now only dies when she gets a bit too impatient and attacks without blocking enough. Difficulty setting is normal, iirc.

It was really weird to see that.

They really streamlined things when they removed the puppet system in AC3. Before, climbing, running, just about anything required a bit of an understanding of how the face buttons would work under different contexts. Now, you can just hold the right trigger and it automatically takes care of most things. Sucks, though, because it takes the puzzlish elements out of the climbing process.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I've read a couple dark souls 2 reviews.

waiting until april 25 is going to be difficult.
I managed not to get hyped about DS II, untill now that is. I know how you feel. :(

derExperte

I highly doubt it, are there games on both services whose mp isn't compatible? If BF4 would end up on Steam it would just use Battlelog for example.

Hasney

Well it wouldn't need to be fragmented. As long as they use a central server pool and not Steamworks for multiplayer, it'd be fine.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
They really streamlined things when they removed the puppet system in AC3. Before, climbing, running, just about anything required a bit of an understanding of how the face buttons would work under different contexts. Now, you can just hold the right trigger and it automatically takes care of most things. Sucks, though, because it takes the puzzlish elements out of the climbing process.
Puzzlish elements of the climbing process? You mean holding down RT and A and pushing the left stick forward? Because that's all there is to the auto-platforming in those games.

I wish there were proper platforming elements in those games, a la Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

Deques

Eww, Windows 8 only? Why would they limit their potential customers so much? That's like, less than 10% of potential market.

I think it will work in older Windows too. Their kickstarter page lists these platforms: PC/Mac/Linux, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4.

Snowcastle Games said:
@Gabriel Morgan: It is not Windows 8 only, we will be aiming to get the game compatible with Windows 7 as well. I'll look into getting that information to the front page.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Megabyte Punch -- MB-2B756B1A52781EB3 - Taken by C00kie M0nster. 17 entrants total.

t1394556777z1.png

Dolor

Origin was supposed to get in-game purchase functionality, but of course, like many things, this didn't happen... or hasn't happened, depending on your outlook.

That quoted post is amazing. I thought EA had been quiet on new features added to Origin, but I didn't realize how bad they were at keeping up with their own schedule.

Looking at the Dark Souls 2 reviews, I am even more excited for April 25th. Potentially thinking of getting it day one now.... Probably silly, but damn I wish it had cards.

Hasney

The game will be released in 2015. By that time more will probably be using Win8

True, but I don't see it eating too much into that 60% Windows 7 usage that Steam currently has. I use it (with Start8) and am fine with it, but there is still some vitriol around the subject.

DocSeuss

Since it's a 24-hour giveaway, should I repost? Just the giveaway itself, I mean, not the preface. Link for now.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Doc. Here's hoping things get better from here on out, even though you're the worst doctor ever for allowing yourself to get sick. :p

I blame being a doctor of wordolosophy.

Is it in your genes?

Yes.

I'm not a doctor in the slightest, but my best guess is you have an autoimmune disease which impacts your absorption of ions like calcium or potassium. Those ions are important in creating membrane potentials, which are involved in things like synapses and mitochondrial functions like atp production. That's simplifying things a hell of a lot obviously, and I'm not sure what kind of disease that would be. A cursory google search with some keywords turns up Coeliac's disease, but I doubt that's it judging by what you complain about.

But again, I'm not a doctor at all and you probably shouldn't listen to me. I just thought I might bring up a way for you to find a name for your condition at least. There's comfort in knowing at least that.

The short version is that I have some damaged genes that mean my body doesn't produce some of the things it needs to. My condition does not have a name. It took a great number of doctors to find this out. Many of these doctors expressed surprise that I was able to get out of bed in the morning. I wish I could still afford 'em.

Deques

The short version is that I have some damaged genes that mean my body doesn't produce some of the things it needs to. My condition does not have a name. It took a great number of doctors to find this out. Many of these doctors expressed surprise that I was able to get out of bed in the morning. I wish I could still afford 'em.

Sorry to hear about your condition :(

But if your condition doesn't have a name shouldn't the doctors be curios and want to research about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom