• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Bit of a problem here streaming fairly YouTube videos, but doesn't it look similar to the (kinda horrible IIRC) 2005-or-so Gauntlet reboot?

Also, I've recently remembered Gauntlet in an article as Gauntlet II for NES is one of my overall favourite games of all time (probably for affection reasons but still!).
And I was thinking, as we live in this era of 2D respawning and improving every day, why not trying a new 2D Gauntlet instead? Procedural dungeons and all that.

I mean, anyway, I don't know which genre is the most spoiled at the moment, between 3D dungeon crawlers and 2D roguelikes (which I must say are the true roots of Gauntlet), so if I had to pick, I'd pick the roguelike version.

Arthea

It just occurred to me, that One Finger Death Punch in fact is not one finger death punch, it has to be renamed to Two Fingers Death Punches or One Finger at the time Death Punch.
Seriously, can someone reassure me that I'm not that blind and this game has glitches, please. I'm talking about missing punches reported to the level score, when I've seen not one missed. Anyone experiencing this problem?

I read this word and immediately thought of the level with the same name in F.E.A.R. I don't even know what the word means, lol

It's when you stare at something very long time, later you keep seeing it even when thing you was staring to no longer there. steamgaf is very prone to this, every time when steam servers are down, someone is sure their steam is OK, when in fact it's afterimage.

That's just the ones that were logged in concurrently. Valve reports that Steam users have exceeded 75 million "active" users.

So they went beyond just İstanbul but reached the population of Turkey. But I don't know how they count "active". Origin have 30 million active users or so they claimed two years ago. With BF4, Titanfall and ME3 I assume that number went even higher. I wish they all released clear stats.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
ASUS routers are great. If you're on a budget I'd recommend the RT-N56U. I was going to buy one myself back in 2012, when my area was slated to receive fibre later in the year.

It's a nice router, just remember to update the firmware if you buy it. ASUS completely redid the UI (on top of bug fixes) to increase the ease of use and aesthetics.

Does the pope shit in the woods?

Only if a bear is Catholic.

Anteater

It just occurred to me, that One Finger Death Punch in fact is not one finger death punch, it has to be renamed to Two Fingers Death Punches or One Finger at the time Death Punch.
Seriously, can someone reassure me that I'm not that blind and this game has glitches, please. I'm talking about missing punches reported to the level score, when I've seen not one missed. Anyone experiencing this problem?

i use 1 finger on my controller! I didn't run into glitches of misreporting punches as far as I can tell, all of my misses were pressing buttons too early/throwing additional punches.

I haven't, but are you absolutely sure you aren't missing? Especially those weapon that are in pickup range for half a second? That's what usually gets me if everything else was perfect.

My only issue with this game so far is achievement related. Why does getting a higher medal for a level not count towards getting a lower one? I'm going to have to replay levels and do worse just to pick up all those silver and bronze medals.

Arthea

i use 1 finger on my controller! I didn't run into glitches of misreporting punches as far as I can tell, all of my misses were pressing buttons too early/throwing additional punches.

that means I'm too blind for this game too :(
that's heartbreaking, when I think about it.

I haven't, but are you absolutely sure you aren't missing? Especially those weapon that are in pickup range for half a second? That's what usually gets me if everything else was perfect.

My only issue with this game so far is achievement related. Why does getting a higher medal for a level not count towards getting a lower one? I'm going to have to replay levels and do worse just to pick up all those silver and bronze medals.

you probably right, only I don't see misses, I was hoping it's a glitch of sorts and it will be fixed. Oh well.

Ya, that's awful idea.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Too bad they fucked up Scrabble by not putting in online multiplayer. I would have bought that.

Tuxmascot

Neo Member
Hm, I'm still logged in to Steam, but it wont let me purchase things I put in my cart. At least it's said ERROR every time, and I don't think it's actually tried to charge me for them (I hope)

Trying to create a support ticket, and all I get is:
Error Code: -118
Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet.

Servers might be overloaded with sales. Try again in an hour or so.

that means I'm too blind for this game too :(
that's heartbreaking, when I think about it.

you probably right, only I don't see misses, I was hoping it's a glitch of sorts and it will be fixed. Oh well.

Ya, that's awful idea.

It's possible. Especially if you aren't seeing miss notifications.

The pause menu really needs a restart level option too.

Arthea

Keys for Doctor Who are up on Groupees!

thanks
it has cards too, way to go, Who!

It's possible. Especially if you aren't seeing miss notifications.

The pause menu really needs a restart level option too.

There is sometimes so much going on the screen, that I'm not entirely sure I don't miss notification, as we talk about 1 miss here. Still, it sucks that I don't see what I missed, even after repeating level.

Played a bit of Braveland last night.
It's not that great.

I'm not sure who compared it to Scribblenauts, but the character definitely does look like a janky version of Scribblenauts.

The combat is also pretty boring, and rather simple(although I'm only playing on Normal)
Sounds effects also don't do really do much, they sound pretty awful.

The writing is also pretty bad, it's super simplistic and tends to be, grr i h8 u, i smash
or, grr, join me on a quest or i'll grr at you, grr.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend it, but the steam grid icon is pretty fancy.

Tiberium Wars or Red Alert 3?

Or both?

haven't played tiberium wars but red alert 3 was a total letdown compared to 2. the best part of the game is the in game cut scenes which you can probably just watch on youtube if you're really inclined. The game has forced co op which if that's your thing then you may like it more than I did

overall didn't like the game too much

Tried Ku: Shroud of Morrigan for a bit.

kua6upt.gif

I want to like it, because it has a nice graphic style, somewhere between Bastion and Machinarium. It is also apparently pretty short, so I was keen to get through it.

Unfortunately I've hit quite a few control issues and everything just seems a little too clunky. For example buttons that stop working, or work too well and skip text when you don't want it to.

Might be one to pick up cheap if it gets a few patches.

Idling now, playing later.

Apparently you don't get a key if you just got the "bonus" episode 5.

Hey guys, did they add more screenshots to the Dark Souls 2 steam page?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236430/

I don't remember most of these from before. These look legit.

Dunno, but they don't look like they're great from what I can see.
Watching the "locomotive breath" trailer makes the game look like one of those janky ass Gamestop commercials. Power to the players.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Not cool jshackles, not cool...

FcOVfl0.png

;)

Too bad that these cards will be worth 0.20$ before someone will buy them, as always...

Pachimari

I'm not sure if I understand "Digital - A Love Story" correctly. Am I supposed to "log out" of the game and then come back to it the next day?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
a new Battle Chess on early access, thats a huge megaton! :O

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
WTF did I just do?

CeOv4gP.png

Grief.exe

Here is the thing about the Dark Souls Steam Page.

The shots that are up don't have the flat lighting that is in the console version, yet it has the same geometry/textures as the retail console version

ss_bad237171bd5ca612b57215da778b18748d91ada.1920x1080.jpg

Guy.brush

I wonder if you still have to login to Gamespy for MP lol. Also J.K Simmons is the President for the Allied Campaign which makes it worth it alone :p

Shit. Should have checked the Steam boards before the buy. Apparently RED ALERT 3 is still using Gamespy and/or some weird combination of an EA account that you need to create to log into the multiplayer lobby or to host Coop campaign games.
Lots and lots of people who can't play multiplayer it seems. Anyone with experience. Is the Origin login compatible? Any magic port fw tricks?

ps.: oh and the whole game seems locked at 30fps. MOTHER

Personally I only anticipate awesome art direction and animations from Dark Souls 2, I don't think anything short of Witcher 3 is going to impress in the whole 3rd person dark rpg graphics area.

Thorgal

So after reading Oranges Thread A question popped in my head :

Did Steam make a substantial dent in rampant piracy and illegal downloading of games on PC ?

Now it is no question that Steam is very successful due to great sales and ease of use .
However ,even if the prices are low it is still not "free" which is enough reason for some to take the piracy route and download the game through a torrent .

I wonder if developers still lose a crapload of sales on PC because of Piracy even tough cheap and legal alternatives as Steam exist ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom