• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
As I've never seen Jojo animes despite being a great fan (since its first Italian edition which is around first half of 90s or something), I'm loving your last couple of gifs, so keep them coming!

Luckily, season 3 starts next month. So now's the perfect time to marathon the entire series up til now.

Dio Brando
(Today, 08:34 PM)

Listen to the man.

Indeed never doubt his words.
elbow+in+face.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Thanks man. You never disappoint when it comes to usage of the English language. I've learned something new today!

No problem! It's something I actually really like doing, as native-speakers take a lot for granted with their choice of idioms.

Zafir

Sigh. Bought Spore on Steam, and it doesn't even work. The game says I don't have privilege, and when I try and register it on Origin it says the code has already been used. >.>

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Sigh. Bought Spore on Steam, and it doesn't even work. The game says I don't have privilege, and when I try and register it on Origin it says the code has already been used. >.>

This is a known problem with SPORE (the used code thing). Just submit a support ticket on Origin and they will send you a new key.

chupon

Saw that GFWL update yesterday when I went to play some Age of Empires.

Still no official shut down notice except for AoE right?

zkylon

zkylewd
Here is the thing about the Dark Souls Steam Page.

The shots that are up don't have the flat lighting that is in the console version, yet it has the same geometry/textures as the retail console version

ss_bad237171bd5ca612b57215da778b18748d91ada.1920x1080.jpg
man i personally care very little for how dks2's shaders and shit are gonna look but i'm rooting for you since it seems to matter so much

hold on to the feeling dude

edit: and as someone that just could simply not believe that from and scamco would release dks1 without resolutions options, i'm unfortunately very pessimistic about dks2. which for me is kind of fine since i'll be prolly turning off them ambient occlusion and stuff

edit: and as someone that just could simply not believe that from and scamco would release dks1 without resolutions options, i'm unfortunately very pessimistic about dks2.

I'm right there with you. I get the feeling that many people ignore that Scamco put out one of the worst ports in years just because the game was good. Seeing how the console versions have turned out and remembering what they did with the PC version of the first game leaves me feeling very uneasy about the new one.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Have you played any of the Betrayer? It looks pretty interesting, but there hasn't been a lot of clear narrative exposed, which puts it more in the sandbox style of games, and I just haven't been able to enjoy those lately. I admit fault, there.

As for Lichdom... seems interesting in concept, but the gameplay video on the Steam page made it look like a block/attack combo game. With free roam, that could be exciting for every second of three minutes. Games like Punch Out! and Infinity Blade work with them because of the crisp response and unwillingness to let you breathe once the fight gets going. But I may have just been reading that video wrong.

Turfster the DDoSer confirmed?

Nah I don't own Betrayer yet, I was wanting to get it on release rather than Early Access so I shall be purchasing it on payday at the end of the month :) It apparently consists of 7 sandbox style areas in the full release too. Not sure how they'll tell the story as I've not played any of it yet. Still, I'm looking forward to it due to its style and the pedigree behind it.

As for Lichdom it's hard to say at the moment, I'm just interested in how they pull off mage combat if that's what they're concentrating on. Hopefully it'll lead to a nice combination of spells, effects etc.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Finally got to Hell in Spelunky, and oddly I didn't die within mere seconds or arrival. Nay, instead I managed to get all the way to the door and could have left no problem. Not a spinning mace proved a problem nor a bat because strangely I found it to be a less intensive section out of Rogue Legacy.

Now going back a bit to try and claim that fire-protection medal and then falling to my own bombs exploding (t'was attached to a vampire too close to me), that proved my undoing. In some games, you are your own worst enemy.

Edit: Congrats to those who became full members. One step closer to GAF Gold.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm right there with you. I get the feeling that many people ignore that Scamco put out one of the worst ports in years just because the game was good. Seeing how the console versions have turned out and remembering what they did with the PC version of the first game leaves me feeling very uneasy about the new one.
nah i think it's the same case of disbelief on how badly from's delivered on the technical side yet again

like i said before in the other thread, i've tuned my expectations to barebones settings (res, aa on-off, ao on-off, "blur" on-off), a high-res textures dlc and that's it. no rebinding keys, no extra options, nothing.

i don't really care too much for any of those things but it'd be nice if the game looked pretty and ran well.

My thoughts on AC4:BF so far, this game sure has a lot of filler in there, all of these "collectibles" and boring side missions that were in past Ubi open world games all made it here. I predict by the year 2030, all of Ubi's triple A releases will morph into the same game.

Sajjaja

My thoughts on AC4:BF so far, this game sure has a lot of filler in there, all of these "collectibles" and boring side missions that were in past Ubi open world games all made it here. I predict by the year 2030, all of Ubi's triple A releases will morph into the same game.

Watch Dogs is Assassin's Creed 6 mind you.

Finally got to Hell in Spelunky, and oddly I didn't die within mere seconds or arrival. Nay, instead I managed to get all the way to the door and could have left no problem. Not a spinning mace proved a problem nor a bat because strangely I found it to be a less intensive section out of Rogue Legacy.

Now going back a bit to try and claim that fire-protection medal and then falling to my own bombs exploding (t'was attached to a vampire too close to me), that proved my undoing. In some games, you are your own worst enemy.

Edit: Congrats to those who became full members. One step closer to GAF Gold.

You beat me to Hell?
Congrats.

But I beat you to Speedlunky. :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And I like that.

Only because the actual Assassin's Creed 6 will have a different sub on Steam than Watch Dogs.

It's all about that +1.

Levyne

Banned
Thanks for the gift, generous steamgaffer :)

Looking forward to 5 minutes of story, 39 hours and 55 minutes of collecting and another 60 hours of optional content...which is also collecting.

Then the game opens up to allow you to start collecting.

This is why I haven't played 3 or 4 yet.....or so I tell myself.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You beat me to Hell?
Congrats.

But I beat you to Speedlunky. :p

I do believe you will have me beat on that, and Low Scorer when it comes to it, forever. After years of platformers telling me to collect everything, I simply can't help myself to try and get it all and that takes time.

z2p0EHi.png

louiedog

Luftrausers is out tomorrow. It's so damn good. The combat is incredibly satisfying. It looks simple, but changing out one part in your plane configuration can make a big difference in the way it plays and there are lots of options. The controls feel great and it's fun to pull off maneuvers. It's fun to play for 5 or 30 minutes. Definitely keep an eye on it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
any chance Square Enix porting FFX-HD on Steam?

If it were releasing on the X360, I'd say so, but as the situation currently stands I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Give it about a year or a year and a half, maybe. I can't see SE releasing X before IX on Steam.

The issue with IX is that there's no pre-existing PC version and, obviously, it wasn't ported to the PCesque Xbox. You could make the argument that porting from the PSX to the PC is a relatively easy undertaking, but you need to keep in mind that this is Squeenix we're talking about. It's a damn shame, too, because IX's art assets are perfectly suited for a higher-res PC port.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
any chance Square Enix porting FFX-HD on Steam?

There is a chance, since they've stated that they'd like to put more Final Fantasy games on the Steam platform.

However, I suspect it will take them quite a while (a few years, perhaps) to actually make this happen.

Either way, my Vita copy is arriving in the mail tomorrow, totally stoked.

There is a chance, since they've stated that they'd like to put more Final Fantasy games on the Steam platform.

However, I suspect it will take them quite a while (a few years, perhaps) to actually make this happen.

I think it is safe to say they'll port/remake every game to everything at some stage. Just a question of when and how bad the new art is.

Either way, my Vita copy is arriving in the mail tomorrow, totally stoked.

Quite jealous as I love the game dearly.

not until 6, 9 and 4 get ported first

I like the cut of your jib, ser.

Luftrausers is out tomorrow. It's so damn good. The combat is incredibly satisfying. It looks simple, but changing out one part in your plane configuration can make a big difference in the way it plays and there are lots of options. The controls feel great and it's fun to pull off maneuvers. It's fun to play for 5 or 30 minutes. Definitely keep an eye on it.

It's on my Wishlist.
I'll get it when I can get a deal on it. Or a free code. ;)

jshackles

I think it is safe to say they'll port/remake every game to everything at some stage. Just a question of when and how bad the new art is.

Good point. I think it's safe to say that if / when it's eventually re-released for PC, I'll buy it again.

Quite jealous as I love the game dearly.

I was on the fence since the Vita version only includes a downloadable copy of X-2, and not a physical cartridge. But in the end I decided I really loved X and only kinda-sorta liked X-2, that it was worth pre-ordering.

I don't really take my PS3 online, or I might have bought both the Vita and PS3 versions just to have the cross save stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom