• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I'm going to need to buy a router soon so I can still use the PC if I want to get my PS3 online (instead of switching the cord every time), is there a brand that's better/more reliable than the others, especially for gaming?

I'm going to need to buy a router soon so I can still use the PC if I want to get my PS3 online (instead of switching the cord every time), is there a brand that's better/more reliable than the others, especially for gaming?

I'm amazed that anyone with high speed internet doesn't have a router in 2014. :lol

I've had pretty good experience with Cisco/Linksys -- especially after flashing custom FW. You can PM me if you want more in depth information on that stuff.

I finally got a bluetooth adapter for my PC, but I'm completely lost on how to get my PS3 controller connected to it. Is there any good tutorial videos out there on how to do it? I tried looking at a few, but most of them act like the bluetooth is automatically recognized by motioninjoy. Mine isn't automatically recognized like that.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

It's time for the daily RPGMaker game release on Steam. And this one is brimming with features! It's $9.99, full price without a sale.

Screenshots and Promotional Images

ss_d375730124d9a074961fe7cda52e7792c69b02d4.1920x1080.jpg

ss_e1fb3dc2fef1069379c93cf08d7b0d0eec495135.1920x1080.jpg

ss_0bfa3137372f20841a2df1cb562944448ec34bff.1920x1080.jpg

Eww those stretched screens. D:

Tellaerin

I can't believe that isn't a parody or something. I mean, that sounds like it's mocking every other RPG Maker game.

Eh, I'm guessing it's the first installment of an episodic game, so 5 hours doesn't seem so bad. It's not worth $10 to me, but if a sale takes it down to the $1.25 - $2.50 range, I'll probably bite. Though it seems like the type of title that'll end up in a bundle sooner rather than later.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, I'm guessing it's the first installment of an episodic game, so 5 hours doesn't seem so bad. It's not worth $10 to me, but if a sale takes it down to the $1.25 - $2.50 range, I'll probably bite. Though it seems like the type of title that'll end up in a bundle sooner rather than later.

It's supposed to be the first of a trilogy. The second game is already out but not on Steam yet.

The main thing that just completely puts me off of the game, other than the features list, is that there seems to be noticeable lag in the preview trailer during battle special effects. It just looks so wonky.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

ASUS routers are great. If you're on a budget I'd recommend the RT-N56U. I was going to buy one myself back in 2012, when my area was slated to receive fibre later in the year.

RED ALERT 3 is -66% off.
How is it? Is it fun in coop?
Can you turtle against the AI or is it a RTS in name only and favors constant action and adrenalin rushes over old school base building and wall/tower defense?

I wonder if you still have to login to Gamespy for MP lol. Also J.K Simmons is the President for the Allied Campaign which makes it worth it alone :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder if you still have to login to Gamespy for MP lol. Also J.K Simmons is the President for the Allied Campaign which makes it worth it alone :p

Not to mention Grace Park as Lt. Sandra Telfair. Makes the game very much worth the $5.09 asking price.

Which Command & Conquer would people recommend? Red Alert 3 or Tiberiun Twilight?

Never Tiberium Twilight. Out of those two I'd say RA3 but C&C3 is pretty good as well. The best option is to wait for the complete pack to go on sale on Amazon.com for $5. The games will activate on origin but you'll get everything from C&C1 to 4, including all the RA games and C&C Generals.

Tizoc

What mods/fan patches should I install for Deus Ex HR?
Running it at max settings is possible, so long as SSAO is set to Normal during dialog.

This game at 60 FPS is delish~
Gonna go finish up Swapper then start Shroud of the Morrigan.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I finally got a bluetooth adapter for my PC, but I'm completely lost on how to get my PS3 controller connected to it. Is there any good tutorial videos out there on how to do it? I tried looking at a few, but most of them act like the bluetooth is automatically recognized by motioninjoy. Mine isn't automatically recognized like that.

If memory serves, the DS3 needs a dongle that supports EDR.

Are you following this link:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

If you need help with it, send me a PM and I'd be glad to try to get you up and running.

Lain

I'm amazed that anyone with high speed internet doesn't have a router in 2014. :lol

I've had pretty good experience with Cisco/Linksys -- especially after flashing custom FW. You can PM me if you want more in depth information on that stuff.

It's just, I have a router modem, but it's without a switch and wi-fi (it needed to be bought separately) and it's kinda old -I had to buy it quick at the time because my old adsl modem died-.
Before I could make do because my old PC had a second network adapter so sharing the connection with another device was simple but now I don't have a second network adapter and that makes everything more of a pain.

Tizoc

Gonna go Pre-load The Fall and have Bully installed for a little playfire rewards =P

Oh and I should've kept The fall in my Inventory list because Steam added Deus Ex 1 to my libary and I wanted to give that game away XP

It's just, I have a router modem, but it's without a switch and wi-fi (it needed to be bought separately) and it's kinda old -I had to buy it quick at the time because my old adsl modem died-.
Before I could make do because my old PC had a second network adapter so sharing the connection with another device was simple but now I don't have a second network adapter and that makes everything more of a pain.

In that case, couldn't you just buy a 4-port switch if your router already works okay? Though if you want WiFi, I would get a new router... However, I wouldn't use a PS3 or PC over WiFi connection.

Gonna go Pre-load The Fall and have Bully installed for a little playfire rewards =P

Oh and I should've kept The fall in my Inventory list because Steam added Deus Ex 1 to my libary and I wanted to give that game away XP

I hate you guys and your working playfire rewards.
I have over 13$ in credit I have yet to see a cent from.

Sajjaja

Are you following this link:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

If you need help with it, send me a PM and I'd be glad to try to get you up and running.

When I first looked at this, it seemed so daunting because there is a load of information there and it's all intimidating and shit. But it's really so easy.

Download the file, extract to Program Files/scarlet.crush productions, click SCPDriver, check bluetooth driver, hit install. Boom.

Also make sure to apply the update as well. My BT dongle didn't work until I did that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So glad I picked up the Groupees bundle with Doctor Who in it. I got a response from Amazon:

Thank you for writing to us with your concern.

Please note that the games you already purchased before cannot be changed to steam version now. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

However, I've taken your comments as a feedback and forwarded it to the Amazon Games and Software Team for consideration. We'll surely consider adding this feature to Amazon Instant Videos as we are constantly working with the developers and planning for adding new features.

Oh well.

Tizoc

A little help with Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan please?
How do I remap the buttons so I can use my DS4 controller with it?
It shows Horizontal + and Horizontal - Twice, what do these mean?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Things are getting very interesting on Steam Early Access, well for me anyway.

Firstly, the ex Monolith/ex FEAR developer lead Betrayer comes out of Early Access and becomes a full game on Monday 24th March.

Also, on Weds this week Lichdom:Battlemage goes into Early Access, which has always had me intrigued.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Steam really has problems during the last few weeks, HL3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom