• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fifth book is kind of lackluster for ASoIaF standards.

Not sure I know that acronym. Funniest part is that I didn't think I'd like the 4th book, because it didn't focus on the part of the story I wanted to know about after the 3rd book... and now that I started the 5th book, I don't want to shift away from what happened in the 4th book. :lol

If it were releasing on the X360, I'd say so, but as the situation currently stands I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The issue with IX is that there's no pre-existing PC version and, obviously, it wasn't ported to the PCesque Xbox. You could make the argument that porting from the PSX to the PC is a relatively easy undertaking, but you need to keep in mind that this is Squeenix we're talking about. It's a damn shame, too, because IX's art assets are perfectly suited for a higher-res PC port.

You'd think that they could somehow leverage the engines for FF7 and FF8 since they're all PSOne games... but that's probably over simplified and wishful thinking. :)

As far as the FF6 port people want -- if we get it, it will be the iOS/android version (same with FF5).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
As far as the FF6 port people want -- if we get it, it will be the iOS/android version (same with FF5).

I realize I'm in the minority here, but after playing Final Fantasy 4 / 5 / 6 ad nauseam on the SNES, GBA, PS1, etc etc many many times over, I have really been enjoying the recent re-releases on Android.

If I had the android versions of Final Fantasy that I could play with a controller rather than a touch screen (my biggest gripe with the remakes) I would buy day one for full price, just like I have done for the Android versions.

Bonus points if they integrated Steam cloud, and achievements.

I realize I'm in the minority here, but after playing Final Fantasy 4 / 5 / 6 ad nauseam on the SNES, GBA, PS1, etc etc many many times over, I have really been enjoying the recent re-releases on Android.

If I had the android versions of Final Fantasy that I could play with a controller rather than a touch screen (my biggest gripe with the remakes) I would buy day one for full price, just like I have done for the Android versions.

Bonus points if they integrated Steam cloud, and achievements.

I'd probably give them a shot too. But I'm with you. In the minority.

any chance Square Enix porting FFX-HD on Steam?

If you're truly desperate, you can play the ENTIRE series on your PC in full HD using a mixture of emulators right now, with the exception of the maligned 13th trilogy.

Nestopia:- FF I, FFII, FFIII
BSNES (cycle accurate):- FF MQ, FF IV, FF V, FF VI
Steam:- FF VII, FF VIII
EPSXE:- FF IX
PCSX2:- FF X, FF X-2, FF XII
PlayOnline:- FF XI
Steam:- FF XIV

(heck, the first 9 games can be run using Retroarch for simplicity.)

No other console or device out there can claim to have the same capability. Not even the Vita or any past/current gen console.

Why wait for the port you know that's not coming? If you're in this thread, you have a more than capable PC for emulation!

Knurek

If you're truly desperate, you can play the ENTIRE series on your PC in full HD using a mixture of emulators right now, with the exception of the maligned 13th trilogy.
EPSXE:- FF IX

I wouldn't use ePSXe in 2014, there are better emulators out there (pSX, Mednafen/Retroarch).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like I'll have to accept trades using the Steam client on my laptop for the next week. I tried to accept one using the client on my PC, but got the seven-day cooldown error. Then I tried Waterfox; same thing. Then I tried Firefox on my laptop; same thing. Then I tried Steam itself on my laptop; finally, success!

I wouldn't use ePSXe in 2014, there are better emulators out there (pSX, Mednafen/Retroarch).

pSX hasn't been updated for years apparently.

Retroarch is a great alternative, and you're right about that.

I've just been using ePSXe somewhat successfully for most of my PSX games that I've never bothered to look at the alternatives. Still stuck to 1.7.

Card Boy

Banned
Came out 10 minutes ago.

header_292x136.jpg

Copons

whaaaaaaaat

you really have to watch it :(

yup, please start watching it.

Dio Brando
(Today, 08:34 PM)

Listen to the man.

Luckily, season 3 starts next month. So now's the perfect time to marathon the entire series up til now.

Indeed never doubt his words.
elbow+in+face.gif

I'll do I'll do!!

(Apparently I completely forgot about the NEW tv series, and I was thinking about the 199-something that I recall being kinda sub-par, but then I saw a couple of screens - in addiction to the gifs here - of the new one and holy shit seems perfect!!)

maneil99

Have you played any of the Betrayer? It looks pretty interesting, but there hasn't been a lot of clear narrative exposed, which puts it more in the sandbox style of games, and I just haven't been able to enjoy those lately. I admit fault, there.

As for Lichdom... seems interesting in concept, but the gameplay video on the Steam page made it look like a block/attack combo game. With free roam, that could be exciting for every second of three minutes. Games like Punch Out! and Infinity Blade work with them because of the crisp response and unwillingness to let you breathe once the fight gets going. But I may have just been reading that video wrong.

Turfster the DDoSer confirmed?
I have it, we can do the family sharing thing if you want.

JaseC

I just crafted five badges and received five coupons for five games I don't have.

Well played, Steam.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Nice and round number, now you should stop doing that and play some games brohan

Arthea

Congratulations Jasec!
Have you calculated how long you have to live to play all that?

As for SE and FF ports. I believe all FFs will see iOS ports, as these aren't developed internally (and SE forgot how to make games). I would much more prefer proper HD remasters for PC, but of course I'll take iOS ports, because not like I have any say in the matter.
I would have liked FFX and X-2 HD on PC, but that's probably not gonna happen. I bought PS3 ones instead, only unlike jshackles I won't be getting them until 20th, even if I bought digital versions.

oipic

Congrats, Jase - nice one, mate. It has been a great ride.

It's a shame it had to happen (and forever be documented) with that particular avatar, but otherwise, very well played, Sir. :)

JaseC

Impressive. Grats bud!
Congratulations, JaseC. Way to be baller.
Congrats JaseC!
I'm sure somewhere, Gabe Newell is giving you a thumbs up, approving of your actions.
grats Jasec

EjJDGJI.jpg
Only on GAF could my 1,137 games seem minuscule. XD

Grats, man!
Congrats, Jase - nice one, mate. It has been a great ride.

It's a shame it had to happen (and forever be documented) with that particular avatar, but otherwise, very well played, Sir. :)

<3

You forgot: Assassin's Creed VI: Rayman's Revenge

Haha, I did think about including Rayman, but as far as I'm aware there hasn't been an open-world instalment yet.

Nice and round number, now you should stop doing that and play some games brohan

Stop? But I've only just begun! ;)

Will you have a party if you hit 2500 dlc items?

DLC I'm not overly fussed about. I'll probably end up passing 2500 following a Rocksmith sale, anyway, haha.

Congratulations Jasec!
Have you calculated how long you have to live to play all that?

Nah. It'd probably be easy to write a script that pulls HLTB's average completionist times for games I haven't touched at all, but due to card idling that number would be very rough.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lichdom Battlemage looks awesome, I wonder how much of a rpg it is (and not just a tech demo-y thing)

Arthea

Lichdom Battlemage looks awesome, I wonder how much of a rpg it is (and not just a tech demo-y thing)

I like concept, and I prefer to play as a mage when possible, so it would seem like my type of an RPG. But honestly, if trailer convinced me of something, it was that it is not as good as it sounds.

aku:jiki

I like concept, and I prefer to play as a mage when possible, so it would seem like my type of an RPG. But honestly, if trailer convinced me of something, it was that is not as good as it sounds.
It looks just like an action-based FPS with little RPG to me... Which is pretty much exactly like Heretic/Hexen and makes it funny how much they're bragging about being the first to do it.

Arthea

It looks just like an action-based FPS with little RPG to me... Which is pretty much exactly like Heretic/Hexen and makes it funny how much they're bragging about being the first to do it.

ya, that's exactly how I perceive it, it's an action game with powers, not an RPG where being mage is a thing. Looks may be deceiving, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom