• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ubi got back to me about Settlers 7...

...and suggested that I buy the Uplay version of the game in order to redeem the DLC. This is getting a little ridiculous: I can't possibly be any clearer about what the issue is. Perhaps if I state that I'd be happy to buy the game again from the Uplay store if it were to get me a Steam key things will finally progress.

_hekk05

Banned

...and suggested that I buy the Uplay version of the game in order to redeem the DLC. This is getting a little ridiculous: I can't possibly be any clearer about what the issue is. Perhaps if I state that I'd be happy to buy the game again from the Uplay store if it were to get me a Steam key things will finally progress.

Never hath they encountered one so dedicated to the platform that is Steam. For if Steam hath such valiant warriors, then Nay! UPlay would never rise above, the lack of honor and dignity, that we term DRM!

Arthea

uplay gonna play u

Jasec, could I convince Valve to give me steam key for some of my retail games, if they aren't steam redeemable by default. Don't mean blur, that was probably tried to death, but is it possible?

JaseC

Never hath they encountered one so dedicated to the platform that is Steam. For if Steam hath such valiant warriors, then Nay! UPlay would never rise above, the lack of honor and dignity, that we term DRM!

Haha, I'm in this predicament because Ubi left up DLC for a game that's no longer available. Granted, I only bought it because I misread the app id it requires (48210 rather than 48120), but if Ubi had yanked the DLC when it yanked the game then the mistake wouldn't have occurred. ;)

uplay gonna play u

Jasec, could I convince Valve to give me steam key for some of my retail games, if they aren't steam redeemable by default. Don't mean blur, that was probably tried to death, but is it possible?

If that were at all possible I'd have my Wheelman. :(

Arthea

Haha, I'm in this predicament because Ubi left up DLC for a game that's no longer available. Granted, I only bought it because I misread the app id it requires (48210 rather than 48120), but if Ubi had yanked the DLC when it yanked the game then the mistake wouldn't have occurred. ;)

If that were at all possible I'd have my Wheelman. :(

I didn't mean games removed from steam, but those that are on steam, that's why I mentioned Blur specifically!

I have to say that it's highly overrated!

oh! welcome to our extremely small club of people without feels!

Wrapped up To the Moon:

99f.gif

Highly recommended if anyone is not averse to RPGMaker, and has 3 hours to spare.

I have to say that it's highly overrated!

Tizoc

Edit: Having said all that, if you e-mail the devs with proof of purchase when Recut is released then you should be able to get a key for it as this courtesy was offered to me.

No worries, and thanks for the info, Jase.

I'm not sure about that, I think different teams are responsible for those. What I do remember that FFX duo HD versions were announced back in 2011 fgs! It took them longer to make HD versions than to develop original games. Something is seriously wrong with SE Japan.
They would need another 3 years if not more to port it to PC (><)
That's why I think it's not gonna happen.

Hey if Wheelman now has a high chance of coming on Steam, anything is possible ;)

JaseC

I didn't mean games removed from steam, but those that are on steam, that's why I mentioned Blur specifically!

When a game is removed from Steam it's just taken down from the store, not actually deleted entirely; Wheelman is as removed from Steam as Blur. Anywho, no, Valve wouldn't help you: that's something you'd need to hit up the publisher about, but in the case of Blur Acti can't help you, either, since it abandoned the vehicle licences and thus no longer has the legal right to distribute the game. Such licensing contracts are, in my view, needlessly restrictive and archaic*, but them's the rules.

* As an example, Sega's contract with Ferrari expiring should have just meant that it could no longer distribute new content featuring the Ferrari name; OutRun, as a released title, shouldn't have been impacted... but, sadly, we don't live in such a world.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
How about a Humble Lego Bundle?

Tier 1
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Batman
Lego Harry Potter
Lego Indiana Jones 2

Tier 2
Lego Pirates of The Caribbean
Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga
Lego LOTR
Lego Harry Potter 2
Lego Star Wars III

Tier 3
Lego Batman 2 + DLC

That would be a killer deal, although a bit unlikely since WB had another bundle recently

aku:jiki

Tier 1
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Batman
Lego Harry Potter
Lego Indiana Jones 2

Tier 2
Lego LOTR
Lego Harry Potter 2
Lego Star Wars III

Tier 3
Lego Batman 2 + DLC

That would be a killer deal, although a bit unlikely since WB had another bundle recently
Oh lawd. That's like 10,000 hours of grinding for studs and secrets.

Tier 1
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Batman
Lego Harry Potter
Lego Indiana Jones 2

Tier 2
Lego LOTR
Lego Harry Potter 2
Lego Star Wars III

Tier 3
Lego Batman 2 + DLC

images

My dream is to see OutRun back on Steam so that I can finally own it legally. Then, OutRun 3 would be released (now with Porsches).

An impossible dream, I guess.

Deques

Tier 1
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Batman
Lego Harry Potter
Lego Indiana Jones 2

Tier 2
Lego LOTR
Lego Harry Potter 2
Lego Star Wars III

Tier 3
Lego Batman 2 + DLC

Disney and WB in same bundle? Probably wont happen. But I want to see that happen

JaseC

My dream is to see OutRun back on Steam so that I can finally own it legally. Then, OutRun 3 would be released (now with Porsches).

An impossible dream, I guess.

When Sega is drowning in cash after porting over Bayonetta, Vanquish, etc., it can buy the Ferrari licence for a few years with some chump change. ;)

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Tier 1
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Batman
Lego Harry Potter
Lego Indiana Jones 2

Tier 2
Lego LOTR
Lego Harry Potter 2
Lego Star Wars III

Tier 3
Lego Batman 2 + DLC

Would be incredible, but won't happen I'm sure. Also I don't think Lego Batman 2 is worth a third tier all on it's own.

Anteater

I think I'm on the last mission in GTA4 and apparently Kate is my waifu now? When did that happen, I barely knew her from like 1 cutscene.

2398516-2676794526-poqbkl7.gif

Eternia

Anyone know if the Total War items for Spiral Knights are worth anything? Just remembered I have the Shogun Helmet.
When I used to play it over a year ago, it was possibly worth what was equivalent to a TF2 key. They've changed the game's economy significantly since then though.

I think I'm on the last mission in GTA4 and apparently Kate is my waifu now? When did that happen, I barely knew her from like 1 cutscene.

Yeah the end-game was really rushed and screwed up.

IIRC depending on decisions you make towards the end either Roman or Kate are killed off. It makes sense for Roman because you know him through the entirety of the game and he's family(also you could say that he's the metaphor for the American dream, since that's all he ever talks about), Kate is barely noticeable by comparison.

Zeeman

Tier 1
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Batman
Lego Harry Potter
Lego Indiana Jones 2

Tier 2
Lego LOTR
Lego Harry Potter 2
Lego Star Wars III

Tier 3
Lego Batman 2 + DLC

Let's throw in a Wii U code for Lego City Undercover on that Tier 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom