• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
uYcFvHG.jpg

Steam can read my mind now? It knows which games I'll play in the future? Color me scared.

New feature in the beta client? :p

Tellaerin

I'd personally wait on Gothic 2 or Risen to be on sale. Skip Risen 2 as well unless you end up really loving the Piranha Bytes style.

Alright, I'll skip it. Thanks.

The Gothic series is 75% off this week on Steam.

Gothic II: Gold Edition is $2.49.

Gothic 3 is also $2.49.

And the Gothic Universe Edition (Gothic 1, Gothic II: Gold Edition and Gothic 3) is $4.99.

Just a heads-up. : )

Meanwhile the Android app D:

tumbleweed-o.gif

That's not the Android app. The Android app would be a lone tumbleweed just sitting there, covered in dust and cobwebs.

I'm a Nexus 7 owner. :s

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Littles Racers Street -- MB-C8594C660DAA3811 - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.
Gunman Clive -- MB-FC0A4326B860066F - Taken by Sajjaja. 9 entrants total.
Driftmoon -- MB-13E02D373EE9C0DA - Taken by Nabs. 5 entrants total.
Supreme Commander -- MB-430C6A8C3CC2E3A7 - Taken by Alduin. 2 entrants total.
Probably Archery -- MB-6BE43185788081E5 - Taken by KenOD. 6 entrants total.

t1395720201z1.png
Got Indie Gala Supreme, here are some spares!

I doubt there will be a GOTY version because it wasn't made by Rocksteady and that apparently makes the game automatic shit tier worthless.

I remember some talk about this before but I suppose I was holding out hope. Ah well, I guess next time it goes on sale I'll pick it up.

Going to try something new with this new Enhanced Steam feature announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g7W2DnKpi8

Looking good as always JShack, thanks for putting in so much work for us!

Kuroyume

Banned
You buy them or you trade them for things... Keys are like salt before money and banks existed, they use them in trading. THE END

There are keys for CS:GO and Dota 2 as well. You use them to unlock crates, which give you random items, some of which have a lot of value, others don't.

They're used as an adhoc currency likely because they are not common as random drops, and they have a fixed value to buy them from Valve.

If you just want to buy games, getting keys at good prices is a solid way to save a lot of money. Most of my winter sale purchases -- of which there were a ton -- were funded by using card and random drop money to buy CS:GO keys, which I used to open up crates. I'd keep hoarding the money and buying keys with some of it until I got a Gut Knife, which is actually worth some good money. Then I used the marketplace funds I already had along with the money from the gut knife to buy more games than I remember on sale. All without spending anything out of pocket!

This was all from simply playing the game like any other for two months. I got very lucky, but I imagine most people with a semblance of self-control could pay for at least a new release or two a year from saving card and drop money for keys rather than spending personal cash.

If you want to make actual money rather than wallet cash, things get a bit more involved. I've never gone that route. One of many Steam traders on GAF could explain that end of the pool to you.

Thanks. Can't believe I haven't taken advantage of this.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Have you sent anything off to total biscuit since you fix some of his bitches? He might just send you a message about how you're a nobody but he apparently has an army of drones that could really help your exposure.

Well I just sent a link to the video in a tweet. Who knows what will happen... I guess we'll see!

Tellaerin

Okay, this is starting to piss me off now. Twice in a row, I get disconnected from online races in Ridge Racer Unbounded because Steam decides to go down. I'd really like to know what the hell's going on. This just seems to be getting worse and worse.

Deadstar

I've only two hours per day to play, yesterday I want play a bit of Dust Elysian Tale...Steam offline.
Now I'm trying to log on Steamgift before going out...and is still offline.

You know that a DRM is bad when things like that happen.

Offline mode dota? I've never tried it.......

Edit: When do we start asking for refunds on all steam purchases?

Salsa

Those dreamy/scarecrow/dead-parents-omg batman sections were getting kinda weary and overused trying to capture what Asylum did in all the games but Origin's
joker thing
just now was really good. Love how they did the alan moore origin.

Deadstar

So who's with me? I'm deleting my steam account and going 100% origin. I'm sure the sims is as fun as dota. It's got about 25 expansion packs. It's got to be good right?

Kevin

This is getting a bit out of hand. Seems like Steam is down several times a day now. I have never had any issues like this with Origin. Valve really needs to fix whatever is happening with Steam lately.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So who's with me? I'm deleting my steam account and going 100% origin. I'm sure the sims is as fun as dota. It's got about 25 expansion packs. It's got to be good right?

I'm going to Desura. Nobody uses it so it'll never go down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom