• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ok, this is kind of making me crazy.

I've installed Steam on plenty of different OS and PC over the years, some with system language in Italian, some other in English.
Occasionally, in the Steam client chat (but IIRC even in some other place I can't remember right now), when I focus on the input field, a little "IT" tooltip appears in the top right corner:

dOso30s.png

You probably have two (or more) typing languages/types of keyboard installed on Windows. I, for instance, have Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese on my computer, so that's there.

It shoudl also be on windows bar, by your docked applications, by the clock.

Left Shift+Left Alt will cycle through them on any focused application.

I'd say you'll have to remove the different languages/keyboard inputs that you don't use in Windows.

Parsnip

I've been playing a bunch Demon's Souls lately, and boy I really dislike DualShock3. Especially those LR2 buttons, they are so shitty.

Can't wait for DkS2 on PC and playing it on 360 pad again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cool ModBot was just delayed

Any word on one way heroics key from indieroyale, will they be ready for launch?

Zafir

Ended up winning a copy of Saturday Morning RPG and then realised it was actually in a bundle I wanted to buy anyway, consequently I'm putting it back on raffle! Please thank The_Super_Inframan for the code.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-5BA1597986ACAB12 - Taken by bronson. 19 entrants total.

t1393460947z1.png

I've been playing a bunch Demon's Souls lately, and boy I really dislike DualShock3. Especially those LR2 buttons, they are so shitty.

Can't wait for DkS2 on PC and playing it on 360 pad again.

I hate the thumbsticks almost as much as the R2L2.

Have you guys felt the Dual Shock 4? It feels so much better than the Dual Shock 3.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

a...er_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-B5F03B528A13BF1A
t1393546537z1.png

Guacamelee is going to make me destroy my keyboard because of all the rage the Inferno challenges give me. That fucking challenge number 9...

Which one is 9 again?
Also -- keyboard -- yup, that'd do it. :lol

Probably one of the reasons the Souls series doesn't review to their potential.

Now that the series has become a phenomenon, reviewers will probably go into Dark Souls II from a different perspective.

I dunno about that. I don't think most reviewers are serious gamers who like things that might be challenging. So unless Dark Souls II has a baby mode and a bunch of tutorial sections, I think most professional reviewers will give it the "it's challenging but rewarding, if you like that sort of thing."

I hate the thumbsticks almost as much as the R2L2.

The analog sticks on the 360 pad aren't much better... at least not on a *NEW* 360 pad. I traded my old ones in to GS a few months back and I hate using the one I kept because everything is so hard/rough.

And when the only good thing the 360 controller has going for it is the RT/LT and analog sticks (once worn in a bit), that's not a good place to start for me. Add in a pair of $5 real triggers for a DS3 and it's leaps and bounds over a 360 controller for me.

You should check out a DS4 and see if you like it; but only if you're using the 360 controller because "it's better than the alternative". :p

Time's almost up!

Here's a spare TESO beta key. The next beta period is from Friday, February 28th at 12:00PM EST until Sunday, March 2nd at 11:59PM EST.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an Elder Scrolls Online beta key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

QPQclLh.jpg

TESO beta -- MB-BF4A011630AE12A5 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 4 entrants total.

t1393460990z1.png

I finished Guacamelee this evening and it is absolutely superb. The combat system is wonderful and it makes trying to string together huge combos a lot of fun. The platforming is tricky enough to present a big challenge at times but the retry system maintains the fast flow of the game, despite numerous failed attempts at jumping. The visuals and music deliver the game in an incredible way and make the whole adventure one of the best I've ever played.

[10]

Almighty

The triggers on the DS3 were terrible I have no idea what Sony was thinking with them. Everything else was fine though. Still the DS4 is better then the DS3 in every way.

Garcia

Guys, does any of you have an extra DLC for Electronic Super Joy? I'm willing to make a trade or gift you another game in exchange. :D

I completely missed the previous sale (Jan 20, -80% off) and right now the DLC alone stands at $6.99, which is just outrageous.

Please let me know via PM. Thank you SteamGAF! :)

Sarcasm

Saw some one else in thread do this and since I know nobody else who wants this I will give it here:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

TSO Beta -- MB-4825C1DB680627D7 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 2 entrants total.

t1393471702z1.png

Yeah the Old Gods start can be brutal. Especially if you live on the coast. Though if you play as Norse it is fun looting, pillaging, and conquering, but man do I hate gavelkind.

Finally someone else who knows the greatness that is CKII Here's my play time
7kd2q88.png

So close to breaking 500.
I still have no idea how to play CK2.

Garcia

I finished Guacamelee this evening and it is absolutely superb. The combat system is wonderful and it makes trying to string together huge combos a lot of fun. The platforming is tricky enough to present a big challenge at times but the retry system maintains the fast flow of the game, despite numerous failed attempts at jumping. The visuals and music deliver the game in an incredible way and make the whole adventure one of the best I've ever played.

[10]

I'm loving this sudden Guacamelee spree and having great fun watching all those screenshots that show up at my Friends Activity stream. Memes everywhere!

And yes, it totally deserves the praise.

I haven't.
It looks better, less hard edges every where.
So if nothing else, it's probably more comfortable to hold at least.

Places like GameStop and BestBuy have demo units, next time you're around one you should feel it. :p It also works with the PS3 as long as you have it plugged in.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
realized idgaf about this game
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Elder Scrolls Online beta -- MB-59C2754D5FF17EBF - Taken by AsylumX
Key redemption instructions:
You'll use this unique key to register your beta account. Please make sure you dont leave extra spaces in front of the code if copying/pasting.
Create your account by visiting https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/register/account-information
Once youve finished creating and verifying your account, click Redeem Key button on the main My Account Page to register your beta key.
When the process is complete, youll be able to download the game client from your Account Page.
Use the username and password you registered to login and play the game.
The beta event will run from Friday, Feb 28, 12:00pm ET Sunday, Mar 2, 11:59pm ET

Backlogger

Extra key

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-701762C0BA69EF84 - Taken by Tesseract

FOX_

Neo Member
Doesn't look like I'll get a chance to give ESO a run this weekend, so here you go!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Elder Scrolls Beta -- MB-15989DF64CBACB2C - Taken by D3RANG3D. 1 entrants total.

t1393464455z1.png

Every time I think I have mastered it the game kicks me in the face. Still when there is a lull in new releases back to CKII I go.
After seeing Panda having so much fun with the copy I gave him, I decided to try it again. 10 minutes later, nope, maybe on the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom