• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Cloudbuilt has a page and what a reminder on how beautiful this game is:

ss_64d8dc4cfbcf9eb2f940dc1ecbb7bb5c5c0cd679.1920x1080.jpg

I said damn

March 20

edit: it also looks dope as hell in motion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWUpz4ClIbs
Wow looks great. Not the biggest fan of the character design, but the gameplay and setting look awesome. Like a cross between Prince of Persia and Sonic.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So after looking at upcoming releases on Steam, The Yawhg and One Way Heroics have caught my eye. I've heard good things about One Way Heroics. Any impressions of The Yawhg?

Battle.net client is in public beta now, got in installed when I launched Diablo 3 to update it. It basically is as, if not more, limited as Steam was when it first launched. You just have a Games tab, which you can't even filter to limit to games you have installed (like that WoW trial I tried once or Hearthstone which I have no interest in trying), and a News tab. The Battle.net client is super, super basic right now. I'd even put it behind the Origin and uPlay's clients because they at least have limited stores and social features, like friend lists.

At least Battle.net will auto-patch your games when launched, which is nice, but man do they have a loooooong way to go to catch up to even Origin and uPlay, never mind Steam.

Battle.net client is in public beta now, got in installed when I launched Diablo 3 to update it. It basically is as, if not more, limited as Steam was when it first launched. You just have a Games tab, which you can't even filter to limit to games you have installed (like that WoW trial I tried once or Hearthstone which I have no interest in trying), and a News tab. The Battle.net client is super, super basic right now. I'd even put it behind the Origin and uPlay's clients because they at least have limited stores and social features, like friend lists.

At least Battle.net will auto-patch your games when launched, which is nice, but man do they have a loooooong way to go to catch up to even Origin and uPlay, never mind Steam.

Why would they filter when there are only like a handful of games. This is for their games,not like steam or origin where its more than that.

Why would they filter when there are only like a handful of games. This is for their games,not like steam or origin where its more than that.

Because I do not own WoW, I tried a trial of it once and now it's bound to my account. That's not a problem when it's a website I infrequently visit but it's kind of annoying in a persistent client on my desktop. I do not own the game, I do not have it installed, I do not want to see it in my battle.net client. At the very least I should be able to filter the list to games I actually have installed, it's a pretty basic function that Steam has had for years.

Kagemusha

The Humble Bundle Adventure Game sale just filled my HDD to the brim. These bundles are nuts.

I have 3089, 3079, and Ethan: Meteor Hunter from gala. Should I install the greenlight games?

Anyone got a spare Motor Rock steam key? Can't access the website where I am.

The website is now working but is out of keys.

I've missed out on the keys twice now. I really can't be expected to be up at 5-6am in the morning when they release them. :(

Will probably set alarm really early tomorrow to try and catch one.

Definitely it's not a game for everybody but if the game clicks with you the addiction is instant.

Talking about Paradox, Destructoid had a nice interview with the studio CEO
I would certainly give it another try this weekend, right now I have other time-sink level games installed, Civ 5, Fallout NV, TW: Shogun 2, it's gonna take forever to play them all.

The triggers on the DS3 were terrible I have no idea what Sony was thinking with them. Everything else was fine though. Still the DS4 is better then the DS3 in every way.

Than the standard DS3? Mostly. I think I might like the DS3 dpad better...
Than a DS3 with Real Triggers? The DS4's R2/L2 are too small in comparison.

--

GabeN (why is he GabeN?) has a sick sense of humor.
Earlier, I bought 5 copies of each Anti-Chamber card and maxed the badge level.
30 seconds ago, Steam gives me an Anti-Chamber booster pack.

They're releasing more at 5 am?

We have already known it.

5am eastern? Fuck.

Than the standard DS3? Mostly. I think I might like the DS3 dpad better...
Than a DS3 with Real Triggers? The DS4's R2/L2 are too small in comparison.

--

GabeN (why is he GabeN?) has a sick sense of humor.
Earlier, I bought 5 copies of each Anti-Chamber card and maxed the badge level.
30 seconds ago, Steam gives me an Anti-Chamber booster pack.

5am eastern? Fuck.

By my rough math from the thread on steamgifts, they first released keys around 3-4am Australian East Coast time and the site died quickly, They then again released some more the next day at around 5-6am same timezone and quickly ran out. How that translates to your timezone, I don't know.

Right now when you log into the site via openid you get

Sorry, out of keys. We have already known it. Please try again later

topyy

I was asking. I have no idea.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/263260/discussions/0/558748822753399472

lexer_t [developer] 7 hours ago
Just need some time (about 24 hours) to make request for the new keys. unfortunately keys is limited :)
Last edited by lexer_t; 7 hours ago

lexer_t [developer] 7 hours ago
Yes, i am sure. Too many people wants to get the game for free. Perhaps need ask a small donation before giving the key...
Last edited by lexer_t; 6 hours ago

lexer_t [developer] 6 hours ago
I've already made ​​a request today on a sufficiently large number of keys, and it turned out the count has not been enough large
Last edited by lexer_t; 6 hours ago

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I've never preloaded a game... and I do sort of a weird process. I download the games to my laptop (which is actually running Ubuntu and runs Steam using Wine) to download games using my university's Wifi and then put them on my computer through an external hard drive.

When the game unlocks will the contents be in the usual folder (SteamApps/common)? Is there any way I can transfer the preloaded download right now to my other computer? Where did it download to?

Levyne

Banned
Eh. Jade Empire is not worth it, IMO. If you've played through the first parts of the game then you've seen the best of it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just a heads up guys, I just sent Enhanced Steam for Firefox version 5.9.1 to Mozilla for review.

Nothing much different from the 5.9 version except I removed the code for app page feature links (since Valve kinda did this themselves
without thanking me :(
) and unfortunately this version removes the additional links Enhanced Steam places in the header ("Forums" under community, "Games" and "Reviews" under the user menu)

Valve changed how they're doing these menus, and Mozilla won't let me insert the required code to facilitate this change. So it had to be removed. :(

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/versions/

This Thief feels just as janky as deadly shadows was on arrival, that said I'm enjoying it about the same, spent 4 hours just messing around and doing the starting side quests. So sick of jamming the E key to open windows though, that mechanic is the worst.

Tenrius

Can't remember the last time I got a trading card on Steam. Starting to think there is something wrong or just really bad luck

There is no such thing as luck, sooo...

Anyway, what exactly do you do? I just idled in several games and got all the drops on a fairly predictable schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom