• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

bootski

how's the family sharing gonna work? i can give my account details to someone and we can both play different games at the same time? or only one person at a time?

Cloudbuilt has a page and what a reminder on how beautiful this game is:

ss_64d8dc4cfbcf9eb2f940dc1ecbb7bb5c5c0cd679.1920x1080.jpg

I said damn

March 20

edit: it also looks dope as hell in motion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWUpz4ClIbs
Now this looks like an indie game I'd enjoy. The psuedo-2D art style is also great - I really wish more games had something like that instead of "realistic" art styles.

W1SSY

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fez -- MB-D8D42FDB38C6B873 - Taken by dk_
Got this from the humble bundle and have it from a previous one so hopefully someone here wants it.

You can authorise up to 5 separate accounts on the one system with which to share your library. Concurrent game access isn't permitted; if a secondary user is playing a game and you jump in one yourself, he/she will be booted out after a short warning.

Thanks, I got that part as it now shows in my family settings that I have to choose 5 users to authorize, but didn't get how it says I can still keep 10 systems to share with as that seemed like contradicting things. I guess those who have lots of users have to only check mark 5 at a time in the sharing menu.

I'm going to buy a controller in anticipation of Dark Souls 2, is the xbox 360 controller still the one I should get? Not gonna wait around for a stickless steampad when this is probably the only game I'll use a controller with. This one?

I'm going to buy a controller in anticipation of Dark Souls 2, is the xbox 360 controller still the one I should get? Not gonna wait around for a stickless steampad when this is probably the only game I'll use a controller with. This one?
The Xbox 360 controller is the only one with near universal game support, so it's a great choice. Just remember to use sandpaper to thin the inner part of the ring around the D-pad.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

I'm one of those people that hates Souls games with the 360 pad, due to them being so dependent on the LB/L1, despite preferring it otherwise. You can try the DS4, which now has full touchpad support/remappable keys.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper
tqDKnoE.png

360 controller is a little less hassle and cheaper, though.

Tizoc

Cloudbuilty looks like a 3rd person Mirror's Edge, non the less, I am looking forward to it so I do hope ti delivers.

I used a DS3 to play Dark Souls and I thought about getting one of the controllers from the new consoles, mainly though I liked the small driver footprint the 360 controller had (had one years ago). Probably just go with that, appreciate the response.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks, I got that part as it now shows in my family settings that I have to choose 5 users to authorize, but didn't get how it says I can still keep 10 systems to share with as that seemed like contradicting things. I guess those who have lots of users have to only check mark 5 at a time in the sharing menu.

Account authorisation follows system authorisation; you're allowed to share your library with any five accounts that are local to the system you've authorised. Theoretically you should share your library with 50 different accounts if you so desired.

Here's a spare TESO beta key. The next beta period is from Friday, February 28th at 12:00PM EST until Sunday, March 2nd at 11:59PM EST.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an Elder Scrolls Online beta key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

QPQclLh.jpg

TESO beta -- MB-BF4A011630AE12A5

t1393460990z1.png

zbarron

Is the website safe and legit?

I can't personally vouch for them. I've never used them but it is on Slickdeals front page so I figured some people might be interested and it's one more piece of support for how economical PC gaming is even at launch of a game.

Account authorisation follows system authorisation; you're allowed to share your library with any five accounts that are local to the system you've authorised. Theoretically you should share your library with 50 different accounts if you so desired.

thanks for the clarification, I guess some games were losing sales from too many people sharing their libraries. Still a great feature though

Levyne

Banned
It took me a while to get used to a 360 pad for Dark Souls after having just played Demon's with a DS3, but I adjusted fine, as I typically do. Would like official drivers for next (current) gen controller, though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Was out all morning, did I miss anything?

Also, I was glad to see that Mozilla now lets me respond to user reviews on the Firefox page of Enhanced Steam.

Someone wrote:

This extension is modifying http://forums.penny-arcade.com, hiding the the button to show/hide spoilers. Why is it even active on domains other than steampowered.com and steamcommunity.com?

Yeah - that wasn't Enhanced Steam.

Cth

Has anyone used any of their Turd points from IndieGala to enter for poop giveaways on GalaGiveaways.com?

Not sure if it helps, but here's my stats:

Points gained by entries: 1574220
Points gained by games: 1000
Points spent: 1282844

GA won: 3

So it's possible, just not likely.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Thief Gold -- MB-5364AE63701992F4 - Taken by HalfwayOrb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom