• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I read that you can disable QTEs in the first Castlevania LoS but I can't seem to find the option anywhere. Where is it? :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
More Motor Rocks keys are supposedly going to be released tomorrow and to those who donate a small amount. :(

At that point, isn't it considered, ya know, "selling"?

I'm a bit surprised that Valve allows these keys to be generated in the first place.

Turfster

I read that you can disable QTEs in the first Castlevania LoS but I can't seem to find the option anywhere. Where is it? :(
I think the only way to disable those would be not to play it.
That piece of crap is pretty much one big QTE, with shit, repetitive combat in between.
(For the first 2 chapters, and then I'd had enough)

My backlog demands it, LOL.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say stealth gaming isn't for you.

At that point, isn't it considered, ya know, "selling"?

I'm a bit surprised that Valve allows these keys to be generated in the first place.

I am surprised also that Valve is still allowing them to generate keys.

I may be stupid, but I think I've missed out on the Derrick situation entirely? Who is he, and why should I be laughing?!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=82832

He's the hero NeoGAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
You can't. You can in LoS2.
Oh wow. A bit sad it's an option, but great nonetheless.
Can you turn the shake-cam off as well? That's what bothered me the most with what i've played from the original. I liked the fix-cam, but I really don't understand why it had to shake, even when standing still...
Actually made me nauseous and made me quit the game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Thanks Turfster and Stallion, I guess I misread someone talking about the sequel and assumed the first one had it too.

I just got through the
second Titan boss
, falling all the way down because I didn't expect that I would have to quickly press a button to grab the crystal in the cutscene was actually kind of hilarious.

I'm one of those people that hates Souls games with the 360 pad, due to them being so dependent on the LB/L1, despite preferring it otherwise. You can try the DS4, which now has full touchpad support/remappable keys.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper
tqDKnoE.png

360 controller is a little less hassle and cheaper, though.

My wireless 360 dongle is flaky as all hell and the controller is terrible for the most part. If you can get over the DS3/DS4 buttons not matching the prompts and don't mind shelling out $10 for a BT dongle to dedicate to them, the SCP server solutions are the way to go.

With that said, I wish Scarlet.Crush and inhexster (can't remember if this is the guy for the thread you linked or not) would team up to get the features inhexster has working in DS4Tool ported into the SCP DS3 Server. DS4Tool has issues with dropping inputs.

Here's a spare TESO beta key. The next beta period is from Friday, February 28th at 12:00PM EST until Sunday, March 2nd at 11:59PM EST.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an Elder Scrolls Online beta key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

QPQclLh.jpg

TESO beta -- MB-BF4A011630AE12A5

t1393460990z1.png

We have already known it.

Seems like copying an pasting the response to the attempt for a key was worthwhile... :lol

I wonder if the reviewer for LoS2 @ RPS likes action games. I tried to watch some footage of the gameplay from Gamescom and I think IGN's Colin Moriarty was playing. I wanted to reach into my laptop and slap the bejeezus out of him.
Reviewers who don't play games of that genre should not really be the ones to play demo footage for posting on the internet, let alone write reviews.

I don't normally play racing games... thus sticking a copy of the game in my hands and forcing me to play it and give it a score is not really going to belay any useful information to those people who are interested in the game in the first place...

Grief.exe

I don't normally play racing games... thus sticking a copy of the game in my hands and forcing me to play it and give it a score is not really going to belay any useful information to those people who are interested in the game in the first place...

Probably one of the reasons the Souls series doesn't review to their potential.

Now that the series has become a phenomenon, reviewers will probably go into Dark Souls II from a different perspective.

How is the TESO Beta? I heard fans were quiet upset with it not following the lore of the series.

So HumbleBundle doesn't give actual keys anymore?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Just reposting for the final hour.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hoard -- MB-CB0445C45CE3EB42 - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-91ACBFEFB55D93AB - Taken by Vlad. 28 entrants total.

t1393457118z1.png

Guacamelee is going to make me destroy my keyboard because of all the rage the Inferno challenges give me. That fucking challenge number 9...
Woah those are hard enough with a pad. I couldn't imagine trying them with a keyboard.

How is the TESO Beta? I heard fans were quiet upset with it not following the lore of the series.

So HumbleBundle doesn't give actual keys anymore?

I could not exit the tutorial in the last beta weekend for TESO. It was stuck in an endless loading loop.

From what I did play, it seems to be like any other MMO that is chasing the success of WoW. It's nothing really special but I could see myself playing for the free month (which I probably will do). I am not really a fan of The Elder Scrolls series, but I am a huge fan of MMOs. So I am not really sure about the lore aspect.

nexen

2 more for the clan

ModBot said:
Instructions for nexen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Arcane Worlds -- MB-747D44C0BF19DAAF - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-E6E1AB5F8F644F2C - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Be forewarned - I don't think Arcane Worlds can be called a 'game' just yet. More of a tech demo.

Tizoc

I seem to be getting screen tearingwhen playing Last Remnant, any way to get rid of it? Also I've set the frame rate limit to none, maybe thats causing it?

Lain

TESO Beta friend key hidden in this post

Also main beta key I gave away to someone on here some time ago is gonna work for the next beta.... weekend?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are there market bots? my cards are instantly selling today

Garcia

Guacamelee is going to make me destroy my
keyboard
because of all the rage the Inferno challenges give me. That fucking challenge number 9...

Omg, no dude, you should plug a controller! I tried playing with the keyboard at first but it was a no-no from the get go. Hopefully you have one. . . Otherwise, it will be painful.

Have you attempted the Tule Tree challenges?

Edit: I just read your reply

I get all confused playing with a game pad and perform a lot worse using them.

Remapping doesn't work at all either? If that's the case, best of luck and be patient since the upcoming challenges are going to get much more complicated to overcome.

Who doesn't have those nowadays?!

Lolque.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
are there market bots? my cards are instantly selling today

Yes, there are market bots. They're highly against the Steam Subscriber Agreement.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how old is the latest flying bundle? I dont remember anyone talking about it (especially since it has cubetractor which I wanted bad before it was added to indiegala)

in case its not old it has:

Skyward Collpase - Steam
Skyward Collapse DLC - Steam
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project - Steam
Hero Siege - Steam
Cubetractor - Steam
Perfection - Steam
Crater Maker - Desura / Greenlight
Mystery Game - Steam

Rhaknar

Slightly more than a week I think.

well...shit. Heres some stuff from it anyway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cubetractor -- MB-BFF22E4320FFB2F9 - Taken by Jive Turkey. 3 entrants total.
Skyward Collapse -- MB-DE3675C3F2438778 - Taken by topyy. 7 entrants total.
Hero Siege -- MB-B5BDF77797E88766 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 11 entrants total.

t1393458336z1.png

Copons

Ok, this is kind of making me crazy.

I've installed Steam on plenty of different OS and PC over the years, some with system language in Italian, some other in English.
Occasionally, in the Steam client chat (but IIRC even in some other place I can't remember right now), when I focus on the input field, a little "IT" tooltip appears in the top right corner:

dOso30s.png

Now, at the moment I'm using Win in English but with Italian keyboard setting, so that could be the culprit. But still...

That fucking thing is annoying as hell, as it covers the last 3-4 characters of the first line, and I can't find a way to remove it from the Steam settings (I'm using English, but it appears if I switch to Italian too).
Anyone here had the same problem and knows a workaround?

I've already searched several times, but or I'm the only one who find this annoying, or probably I don't know exactly what to search...

Have you attempted the Tule Tree challenges?

Edit: I just read your reply

Remapping doesn't work at all either? If that's the case, best of luck and be patient since the upcoming challenges are going to get much more complicated to overcome.

Still haven't tried the Tree challenges, I don't know if remapping could help because I'm so used controlling character in platformer games right hand, but anyway it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom