• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Act 2 for Grim Dawn got released.

Act II Released!!! (Changelog for B17)
We are pleased to announce that Act II, roughly the second third of the full release, has been released to the public!

This release should just about double the available content and raises the level cap to 35. There are many general improvements, including the redesigned HUD, some graphical enhancements, loads of new items and insidious quests.

In summary, you can look forward to:
106 New Items!
23 New Bosses and Mini-Bosses!
17 New Quests!
10 New Enemy Types!

We hope you enjoy and look forward to your feedback. :)

You can check out the build notes below:

Act 2 is now available!
Warning: Nightblade mastery has experienced some significant revisions which may result in loss of skill points and/or an invalid skill point assignment

Art:

Added Icon for the Inventor.
Updated HUD with new design and animated resource bars.
Updated In-game UI (Character sheet, smuggler, vendors, etc)
Updated Act 1 House Textures

Tech:

Added codex page to the quest log window to store collected notes.
Added in world item comparison tooltips. (Hold Alt and hover over an item on the ground)
Added "move" keybinding. Press and hold to move to the location of the mouse cursor.
Added "force move" keybinding. Hold to prevent targeting of enemies and objects.
Added gender support for localizations.
Added pet icons for aggressive/normal/defensive states.
Added the World map to the Local Map UI, which has been resized.
Added a larger minimap toggle to the top right of the screen which displays a larger area.
Components can now be combined regardless of whether you meet the level requirements or not.
Fixed a bug where the hotbar would fail to reload correctly when it contained multiple skills of the same type.
Fixed a bug where skills on the hotbar would fail to work if a component was moved between items.
Fixed a bug where enemies would get up incorrectly after being knocked down.
Fixed a bug where skills which target in an arc would fail to hit additional enemies.
Fixed a bug where monster pets would display incorrect death behavior when the master was killed.
Fixed a bug where npc quest punctuation would be updated incorrectly.
Fixed a bug where monsters were unable to resummon pets in a timely manner.
Fixed a bug where mouse clicks could be registered by windows behind the skill pick area.
Fixed a bug where pet skills would display incorrect pet stats for the skill level.
Fixed an issue with Physique and Spirit from mastery not granting additional Health/Energy, respectively.

Game:

Some one-shot chests have been removed in Act 1
Rare and Epic drop rates have been improved on bosses and heroes
Hero spawn rates have been increased
The experience formula has been adjusted to scale better into the higher levels. You may notice existing characters suddenly gaining a level or two.
You'll now get a small experience bonus for collecting lore objects / notes
Adjusted mastery life per level to account for fix to physique life bonus. Total life is still a bit higher for each class.
The Strange Key now grants a short quest reminding you to use it. Consequently, this means the key will stop dropping after you open the door. Characters that already opened the door will stop getting more keys to drop if they loot a key.
The Inventor finally received that voice surgery she desperately needed
Challenge areas: Some side dungeons meant to be especially challenging can now have a level offset, so that they spawn enemies and loot as though the player were higher level. Spawns will still be capped at a min/max for that area if the player is above or below that range. Example: Player is level 20, dungeon has offset of +2, it will spawn enemies and loot as though the player were level 22.
A new hero archetype has been added: Frozen. This type of hero is mostly prevalent in Act 2, though you may encounter it in Act 1 as well.
Giant Mosquitos, Wasps, Spiders and Harpies are now easier to target with ranged abilities.
Nightblade: Shifted some mastery bonuses in favor of life to increase durability.
Nightblade: Increased protection on phantasmal armor
Nightblade: Increased frostburn damage on nightchill
Nightblade: Slight boost to shadow dance's avoid attacks / projectiles and changed +%OA to +%DA
Nightblade: Increased bleed on heart seeker and added %pierce.
Nightblade: There is a new tier 1 melee attack called Lethal Gambit and corresponding tier 4 modifier, Amarasta's Blade Burst. It occupies the space Blade Trap was previously.
Nightblade: Blade trap now has a radius effect, trapping the target and any adjacent enemies. The new more powerful version has taken Blade Swarm's place.
Nightblade: Blade Swarm removed from mastery to make way for Lethal Gambit. Blade Swarm didn't fit well as it was a little too casterish and also difficult to balance so that it wasn't either useless or outclassed other skills.
Nightblade: Belgothian's Sheers now causes 1.5s stun to enemies.
Nightblade: Dual Blades is now a passive skill (as opposed to weapon pool with chance to proc) that enables dual wield and provides a constant pierce / %pierce bonus.
Nightblade: Pneumatic Burst heal scaling increased slightly and pierce / %pierce replaced with %total dmg since the former was redundant with the new Dual Blades.
Nightblade: Nightfall and Phantasmal Blades have each been moved up a tier as part of the restructuring.
Soldier: Increased energy cost for blitz and forcewave, reduced %wpn dmg to forcewave.
Soldier: Inreased starting damage on forcewave
Soldier: Adjusted Markovian's Advantage to provide higher initial damage with absolute physical and a flat weapon damage %.
Soldier: Reduced duration of regen on Will to Live by 1s.
Soldier: Reduced scaling on Military Conditioning and Decorated Soldier.
Occultist: Shifted some acid dmg from Blood Burst into poison.
Occultist: Increased pet health slightly.
Occultist: Reduced life steal on Sigil of Consumption.
Demolitionist: Shifted % weapon dmg from fire strike to explosive strike so that the radius damage would benefit from it. In place, firestrike gains % physical dmg.
Demolitionist: Increased speed of all projectiles.
Demolitionist: Grenado cool-down reduced by .5s and radius increased slightly.
Demolitionist: Blackwater Cocktail energy cost increased and damage slightly reduced.
Demolitionist: Mastery bonuses shifted a bit in favor of life / physique to make class a little less squishy.
Demolitionist: Increased health regen on Vindictive Flame.
Demolitionist: Stun Jacks cooldown reduced from 3s to 2.5s
Demolitionist: Added 50% chance of 1.5s stun to Cannister Bomb.
Demolitionist: Added a small slowing component to Flashbang.
Weapon Damage: Increased rate at which base weapon damage scales up.
Enemies: adjustments to life and base physical damage
2h Guns: Increased damage to a level more befitting the 2-hand requirement.
The following components had their stats adjusted: Aether Soul, Arcane Lens, Arcane Spark, Dread Skull, Hollowed Fang, Mark of Illusions, Mark of the Myrmidon, Restless Remains, Shard of Beronath, Spellwoven Threads
Guardsman's Spaulders' Will to Live granted skill has been rebalanced and renamed
New Epic gloves have been added to the 10-20 range (Embergrip Handguards)
New Epic sword has been added to the 10-20 range (Willie's Razor)
Slightly reduced run speed bonuses on items
Chance on effects on some rare affixes have been shifted around so that loot will never generate two skill procs on one item
Affixes affected by this change are: Devastating, Survivalist's, Overseer's, of Fury, Houndmaster's, Sandstorm, Glacial, Thunderstruck
7 new rare affixes were added to accommodate these shifts

Levyne

Banned
I don't think so. But they totally should. Ys Seven and Memories of Celceta on Steam would make my year.

Especially Memories. I was stoked to have a localized jrpg on the vita but it just kind of chugged and poorly performed throughout. Unfortunately, unlike Origin or chronicles or oath, it never had a pc version anywhere...

FOX_

Neo Member
I'm thinking of picking up Broken Sword 5 soon. Any impressions from fellow Gaffers? (Also, do we have a clearer idea of when Episode 2 will be coming out, other than the placeholder Q1 2014?)

donny2112

Well, parental controls were rolled out to everybody last month, but at this juncture the feature doesn't factor in shared games.

Oh, cool! Hadn't looked into that before. Could setup parental controls on the family share account, share the full library, and then only allow access to certain games from the library with the parental controls. In theory, that should work great! Thanks! :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've contacted Nordic asking for Steam keys for Painkiller: Gold Edition (it's not actually available on the store despite SteamDB insisting otherwise) and the Painkiller: Hell & Damnation beta, the latter of which was included with H&D pre-orders (I wouldn't bother asking for developer betas). Wish me luck. ;)

In other words,
We have already known it.

Haha, you're getting a lot of mileage out of that. ;)

All that new Wolfenstein footage got me excited, and then I thought- hell, let's play that 2009 version.

Nowhere to be found, eh? Pulled before I built a PC. Sadness.

Yeah, it was pulled in May 2012, but to Act's credit it was a Daily at 75% off just a few months earlier.

Nabs

Especially Memories. I was stoked to have a localized jrpg on the vita but it just kind of chugged and poorly performed throughout. Unfortunately, unlike Origin or chronicles or oath, it never had a pc version anywhere...

Memories is getting a PC port... by that Chinese company that did Ys 7.

Ban Puncher

Oh shit son it's THE FINAL...

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT

header.jpg

And for the last time ever (probably), the lucky sod who wins a Prey Steam key is...

2vI8L5q.jpg

Congratulations The Dear Leader!

Maybe it was the desperation and the fear of being all alone without a copy of Prey on your Steam account but I could feel the isolation of a man on Mars looking for the last copy of an alright-but-nothing-super-mind-blowing kind of game. Plus I could see like paint scrapes and blobs everywhere and I am easily impressed by fancy shit. Send me a PM and I'll sort you out with your code.

Thanks to everyone for entering and SteamGAF for enjoying these past few giveaways. It's been a delight to engage with a bunch of creative and witty people. Will there ever be another giveaway though? Never say never, yo.

Peace.

header.jpg

And for the last time ever (probably), the lucky sod who wins a Prey Steam key is...

2vI8L5q.jpg

Congratulations The Dear Leader!

Maybe it was the desperation and the fear of being all alone without a copy of Prey on your Steam account but I could feel the isolation of a man on Mars looking for the last copy of an alright-but-nothing-super-mind-blowing kind of game. Plus I could see like paint scrapes and blobs everywhere and I am easily impressed by fancy shit. Send me a PM and I'll sort you out with your code.

Thanks to everyone for entering and SteamGAF for enjoying these past few giveaways. It's been a delight to engage with a bunch of creative and witty people. Will there ever be another giveaway though? Never say never, yo.

Peace.

WOOOOHHH, I am honored to receive this award, PM incoming!

JaseC

Oh, cool! Hadn't looked into that before. Could setup parental controls on the family share account, share the full library, and then only allow access to certain games from the library with the parental controls. In theory, that should work great! Thanks! :D

It won't. The feature doesn't support Family Sharing in any capacity just yet.

Steam just needs to give you a sub for all the unused and taken down games. :c

Haha, I wish. :( I'm 2 for 3 so far (soon to be 3 for 4 if Ubi's belated response to my ticket is any indication), so if nothing else at my batting average is in my favour. ;)

Any issue when preloading a game on multiple PCs? I'll finish my RE4 preload tonight at home, but I wanna play it next day at work and I don't think I'll have enough time to unpack it at home. I just copy the depot folder thing right?

Tellaerin

finally. been wanting to get this!
bought!

And bought.

thanks for the Jade Empire head up guys, only 1 game left to hit the 300 mark!

Those of you who've recently purchased Jade Empire may find this to be relevant to your interests:

http://jade-empire-in-style.com/

From the page:

This is a mod for the game Jade Empire that offers over 20 new styles to players, changes the rules to give the game more variety and adds numerous techniques, gems and other goodies.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but looking at the description, it sounds pretty amazing. I'll most likely install it when I do my playthrough, whenever that is.

JaseC

Any issue when preloading a game on multiple PCs? I'll finish my preload tonight at home, but I wanna play it next day at work and I don't think I'll have enough time to unpack it at home. I just copy the depot folder thing right?

Yeah, just replace the depotcache folder on your work PC with the one on your home PC.

I've never used Green Man Gaming pre-purchasing before. Do steam keys get delivered shortly before release?

(I ordered South Park and Resident Evil)

While lurking in this topic I'm very sure you guys said they send pre-order steam keys out shortly before release - but do we get them through email?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

Son of a bitch! I knew I was forgetting something. I had this short comic planned out about going through vagina doors and everything. Bummer.

JaseC

I've never used Green Man Gaming pre-purchasing before. Do steam keys get delivered shortly before release?

(I ordered South Park and Resident Evil)

While lurking in this topic I'm very sure you guys said they send pre-order steam keys out shortly before release - but do we get them through email?

Generally, yes, but ultimately it's up to the publisher to supply them in time. In 2012 there was a bit of a kerfuffle with Sleeping Dogs as GMG didn't have enough keys to fulfil all pre-orders and most of the keys they were getting were being earmarked for new purchasers rather than being used to backfill, so some of those who had pre-ordered ended up waiting 2-3 days post-release before they could even download the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't want to be a dick but I find hilarious that sajajja keeps posting diablo 3 stuff and nobody replies / gives a fuck... Sorry dude but I find it funny :p

It's like if I was posting about my MH findings I guess, which is why I don't do it ^_^

So I grabbed a copy of State of Decay and the Breakdown DLC.
But when I boot the game, I see that the breakdown logo has a "buy now" ticket on it and when I press "SPC" to "Play Breakdown" it opens a steam browser to the DLC's webpage.

Steam says I own the DLC.
The DLC tab for game properties says I own the DLC.

Any idea what's going on?

zkylon

zkylewd
my god does xenosaga ep. 3 have one of the best endings ever or what

holy fuck the feels

what an awesome series, breaks my heart there's no xeno 4 but I guess what we got is pretty amazing already

I'm kind of speechless :I

if you find the way, play this series

JaseC

I think my next "target" will be Stubbs the Zombie. From a cursory Google search it seems the game was yanked from PC DD stores and XBL due to the technical issues, but if I explain to Aspyr that I don't care about that and offer to buy something on its digital store to compensate then maybe I'll get lucky. I think Disney's acquisition of Wideload may prove to be a roadblock, however, since even though "portions" of the game belong to Aspyr, the IP itself is now technically owned by Disney.

Levyne

Banned

holy fuck the feels

what an awesome series, breaks my heart there's no xeno 4 but I guess what we got is pretty amazing already

I'm kind of speechless :I

if you find the way, play this series

So sad the the whole arc was too ambitious for their own good.

Glad you enjoyed it. I will have to play through it again, one day...

Nabs

Tizoc

I used D3Doverrider.

Could you elaborate on how I am to apply that please? Seems like it's an obsolete/outdated file or the like.

Just finished Ys II.

Guys.

I really, REALLY like Ys.

I mean REALLY like it.

Adol Gets-shit-done Christen brah, Adol effin' Christen.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

99 Spirits -- MB-1413DAF908CDF6F3
Avencast Rise of the Mage -- MB-BDFAA00639DDA2C9

t1393530561z1.png

Anteater

holy fuck the feels

No kidding, wish they could get proper funding and just do whatever they want :/

I'm glad they are finding success with xenoblade after gears and saga, but I doubt they will ever go back.

The team could've pulled it off if there were not pressures from the higher ups to change the direction of the series half way through and replacing the director/writer. The team is incredibly talented.

What about Xenogears? Aren't the Xenosaga games prequel to it?

Saga is a reimagination of the xenogears universe, it is based on similar time line but it's kind of a "reboot"

zkylon

zkylewd

Glad you enjoyed it. I will have to play through it again, one day...
yeah, I guess I'd rather have this than something more "sensible" but fuck it, it's great

who knows, maybe kickstarter lol

What about Xenogears? Aren't the Xenosaga games prequel to it?
nope, I've played xenogears a bunch of times, it's really has nothing to do with one another. it's more like they share common themes and imagery I guess.

I mean there's hints at there being some sort of slight relationship but even in that case it wouldn't matter too much I think

No kidding, wish they could get proper funding and just do whatever they want :/

I'm glad they are finding success with xenoblade after gears and saga, but I doubt they will ever go back.
yea, I dunno how xenoblade is, but if it's half as good as this then I'm in

like, I know the story is pretty silly, overcomplicated and pretentious and everything but the way it's told is fantastic.

I'm gonna borrow a friend's xenoblade and try it out on emulator

milena87

you guys like jade empire? im thinking about buying it...

I really liked it. It's an interesting story in an unusual setting.
The combat is a huge part of the game and it can be rewarding, even if a bit clunky at times.
And, in Bioware tradition, the characters are another important part of the game, and some of them are actually interesting.

All in all, I'd recommend it, especially considering the great price over at Amazon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whoever won this last week never redeemed it and I cba looking for who it was to ask why, so please someone take this so its not in my inventoy (it has cards, free money!)

edit: hmm link not working it seems

Kaleinc

Banned
I don't want to be a dick but I find hilarious that sajajja keeps posting diablo 3 stuff and nobody replies / gives a fuck... Sorry dude but I find it funny :p

It's like if I was posting about my MH findings I guess, which is why I don't do it ^_^
Well it's not on steam and half dead anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom