• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Update 2: checked, and I bought New Vegas at steam store, yet steam thinks I don't have it, and lets me to buy it again. :(
I tried to go through all my licenses and subs list, but it's so huge I gave up, may be it is better not to know if I bought some games 2 or more times.
I even was thinking about checking every game in my library at the store, but then remembered I have 777 of them and decided against it.
This leads me to the question. Anybody had such problem before? I probably should submit this glitch to Valve, or is it pointless?

edited:
I thought about reasons behind this and could it be that they added another sub after I bought my Vegas and removed the old sub I've bought? I need some input from Jasec here, as he has multiple subs of same games and might know.

If you still have the receipt email, sure. Depending on who 'picks up the phone', you might even get a reply.

Most likely I have it, but it's such a pain to search for it (><)

Knurek

Update 2: checked, and I bought New Vegas at steam store, yet steam thinks I don't have it, and lets me to buy it again. :(
This leads me to the question. Anybody had such problem before? I probably should submit this glitch to Valve, or is it pointless?

If you still have the receipt email, sure. Depending on who 'picks up the phone', you might even get a reply.

Arthea

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
This game is rather badly represented in its description, it mentions hidden object and mahjong puzzles, what it didn't tell you that you can choose between those and it didn't stress enough that it's an adventure game first and foremost. Amazing story mentioned isn't that amazing, but it's not a bad adventure game, not at all. It's darkish in atmosphere and in general I like it so far. So if you were skipping on it (or just idling for cards) because it's a hidden object game, don't do it, play it, you might like it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I tried to go through all my licenses and subs list, but it's so huge I gave up, may be it is better not to know if I bought some games 2 or more times.

Search the page for Fallout. Even the client supports CTRL-F.

edited:
I thought about reasons behind this and could it be that they added another sub after I bought my Vegas and removed the old sub I've bought? I need some input from Jasec here, as he has multiple subs of same games and might know.

Store pages are app-based and there's only one Fallout: NV app. The Ultimate Edition is just a separate sub containing existing apps, like Skyrim LE, rather than a separate app itself, such is the case with Fallout 3 GOTY.

Arthea

Search the page for Fallout. Even the client supports CTRL-F.

Store pages are app-based and there's only one Fallout: NV app. The Ultimate Edition is just a separate sub containing existing apps, like Skyrim LE, rather than a separate app, like Fallout 3 GOTY.

Ya, I found Fallout, I meant searching through all list for duplicate entries. It doesn't let you to arrange all list in any way, at least I couldn't find how.

So, that would be no. OK, I'll try to submit this to Valve, when I find e-mail.

JaseC

Ya, I found Fallout, I meant searching through all list for duplicate entries. It doesn't let you to arrange all list in any way, at least I couldn't find how.

It's rather roundabout but you could copy/paste your subscription history into Excel and have it sort the rows alphabetically.

This probably deserves a reaction gif of some kind.

4674830_ori.jpg

f4ejTdw.gif

(Eric Tsang in hitman)

Anteater

I wanted to just say VVVVVV (SP?) actually amazing. I paid 99 cents and it turned out a lot better then I thought it was going to be!

Yeah, I think it might be the first "indie" game I've played and it blew my mind, just sat there and beat it and picked up all the trinkets.

That's GMG for you, they have nice preorder prices, but you'll have to wait for the keys.
Well, waiting for keys is fine, but pointless if you can't even pre-order it.

Maybe they ran out of pre-order keys?

I got two keys from GameFly. I assume one of them are pre-order bonus. I haven't redeemed the keys yet
Naturally. But there really shouldn't be a limited amount of pre-order keys. I just hope they get some more before it actually releases.

Edit: And just like that, it's back in stock.

Benedict

Kind of tempted by RPG Maker VX Ace but don't know how much time I can spend on it.
any DLC that is important?
Can you release the games one makes on Android and iPhone or is it just PC?
Any region-locking or can I purchase this via russian traders?

Deques

Well, waiting for keys is fine, but pointless if you can't even pre-order it.

Naturally. But there really shouldn't be a limited amount of pre-order keys. I just hope they get some more before it actually releases.

Edit: And just like that, it's back in stock.

I would assume that they were given a certain amount of keys for the pre-order. But then they didn't expect that they would sell all pre-order copies. But it seems they restocked the keys.

Kind of tempted by RPG Maker VX Ace but don't know how much time I can spend on it.
any DLC that is important?
Can you release the games one makes on Android and iPhone or is it just PC?
Any region-locking or can I purchase this via russian traders?

I have it sitting my inventory, got it from a trader. It's not restricted. The dlcs adds new resources ie. textures, sprites and music. I think they can be found on the net for free, but not as good quality as those dlcs.

JaseC

Maybe they ran out of pre-order keys?

I got two keys from GameFly. I assume one of them are pre-order bonus. I haven't redeemed the keys yet

Yeah, Strider was handled the same way. Just get keys tied to the pre-order sub on Steam, Capcom.

Jawmuncher

I'm holding out for 50% off RE4 come the summer sale.
If they put it on sale like RE6 and RE:R then I should be good to go. Wanted to grab it now but the size of that game is crazy. Even without the new HD assets.

Yeah, it's 2 keys, game + pre-order stuff.
Anyway, wasn't this supposed to be 15 gigs? It's only 9.1. HD textures coming later?

LOL ONLY 9.1GB not installed. Like that isn't big enough considering the year this game came out.
I recall the PSN and XBL versions were like 2 maybe 3gbs. Think maybe even lower.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thief Gold -- MB-23FD83433683E92D - Taken by Arthea

Arthea

something something
Bad Hotel isn't that bad inspite its name

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gentlemen! -- MB-3EDBEBF1F6C2443F - Taken by Deques
Bad Hotel -- MB-82EA4A421C72BB51 - Taken by topyy

So super motherload is finally available on Steam (early access) and it wasn't even showing in my front page!? Been waiting for some time for this, after the failed KS campaign.

fantomena

I can get RE4 for 13,90$ (10&#8364;) on GMG. Way cheaper than Steams 19,99&#8364;. Should I do it? I have the 360 version of RE4 and the piece of shit PC-version. Also, I never finished RE4.

Wow, SWAT 4 isn't available on any digital download site, not even GOG. Kind of a bummer, I was reminded of the game after hearing about Irrational closing down and wanted to check it out. They probably could have saved the company with those extra steam bucks, too bad they didn't have my business savvy. #buisness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom