• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Wow, SWAT 4 isn't available on any digital download site, not even GOG. Kind of a bummer, I was reminded of the game after hearing about Irrational closing down and wanted to check it out. They probably could have saved the company with those extra steam bucks, too bad they didn't have my business savvy. #buisness

Yeah I was wondering about that earlier this year as well.
Apparently it was on GameTap and the DRM on it required online activation. I guess Activision didn't want to go through any extra effort at all. Since Swat 3 is on GOG.

Arthea

it seems 100% fun needs only some more votes, someone posted it's #30 now. (BTW, how people find out how high it is on upvoted list?)
Could you kindly upvote it, if you haven't done this yet. I need this on steam!

The greenlight devs have access this kind of information

It was posted by devs, I'm blind lol

Deques

it seems 100% fun needs only some more votes, someone posted it's #30 now. (BTW, how people find out how high it is on upvoted list?)
Could you kindly upvote it, if you haven't done this yet. I need this on steam!

The greenlight devs have access to this kind of information

Edit
Is there anyone outside EU that can help me with buying the Blink Bundle? I repay

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, I wish Steam Sales monitored more than just the US store. I'm trying to find out if the original version of Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened has been discounted during recent sales, but because the app no longer has a store page, as far as Steam Prices is concerned the game doesn't exist, even though the EU sub is still up.

The greenlight devs have access to this kind of information

Edit
Is there anyone outside EU that can help me with buying the Blink Bundle? I repay

PM'd

Arthea

Bah, I wish Steam Sales monitored more than just the US store. I'm trying to find out if the original version of Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened has been discounted during recent sales, but because the app no longer has a store page, as far as Steam Prices is concerned the game doesn't exist, even though the EU sub is still up.
Some Sherlock games were discounted during winter sale, unfortunately it doesn't help you, because I don't remember which ones and by how much.
Actually, scratch that, this particular game was discounted during Autumn sales, by 75% no less, ES says.

JaseC

Ubi got back to me...

...and is requesting a screenshot of the Settlers 7 DLC key? I don't have a key because I can't redeem the gift! I thought I made my issue abundantly clear but apparently not.

Arthea

Ubi got back to me...

...and is requesting a screenshot of the Settlers 7 DLC key? I don't have a key because I can't redeem the gift! I thought I made my issue abundantly clear but apparently not.

iCeeoyfjPXXXc.gif

I made it for Anno 1404 release day with uplay patched in, but today will do!

JaseC

I had to wait four days for a response, whereas my Anno 1404 ticket was responded to in less than 24 hours, so I'm assuming whoever is handling my ticket received a key from Valve but was told not to hand it over until I provide appropriate proof of ownership. If I'm told "Sorry, we can't help you" because I can't provide something that is literally impossible for me to provide, I'm not going to be happy. :(

Arthea

I had to wait four days for a response, whereas my Anno 1404 ticket was responded to in less than 24 hours, so I'm assuming whoever is handling my ticket received a key from Valve but was told not to hand it over until I provide appropriate proof of ownership. If I'm told "Sorry, we can't help you" because I can't provide something that is literally impossible for me to provide, I'm not going to be happy. :(
One would think that by now you'd know that ubi is out there not to make us happy!

JaseC

One would think that by now you'd know that ubi is out there not to make us happy!

I responded with this:

I am unable to provide a screenshot of the DLC's key because I can't redeem the pack, hence my request. The next best thing I can provide is a screenshot showing that I have the DLC pack in my Steam inventory and the error that occurs when I try to redeem it, which I've already provided, albeit as an external link; however, in keeping with the information you've sent me I will add it here as an attachment also.

Hopefully it gets me somewhere. I tried to attach the screenshot to my ticket back when I submitted it, but the process would just time out. It worked this time, though.

Turfster

Is it region specific? Cause I don't see it with F1 2013.

Edit:
Ah forget it, I checked out Getgames instead of Gamersgate.
There seems to be a pricing mistake on the CE btw, if I caught you in time.

Why the fuck must you lie to me, Volvo?
"Thief: Available now" the store front page trumpets. Except it fucking still isn't.

JaseC

There seems to be a pricing mistake on the CE btw, if I caught you in time.

$15 isn't perfect, but since the RU subs are region-locked I don't have much of a choice, plus I suppose it's only ~$5 more than what I would be paying if the game were 75% off on Steam and the RU sub fair game. Thanks for the heads-up.

Time left until gifting is possible: 6 minutes

Your serial(s) will be available in about 6 minutes

Not this again.

My Internet connection has been down for the last 3 weeks never realised you can only use steam offline for around 2 weeks, finally managed to connect my mobile to my desktop to log onto steam

Pachimari

$15 isn't perfect, but since the RU subs are region-locked I don't have much of a choice, plus I suppose it's only ~$5 more than what I would be paying if the game were 75% off on Steam and the RU sub fair game. Thanks for the heads-up.

Not this again.

How can you see if a game is region-locked?

I'm in Scandinavia and I'm about to buy the game.

Kazarov

Neo Member

It was 75% off in september and again during the halloween sale, not sure about autumn/christmas.
I purchased a spare in case it was sold by mistake and might be removed, but it's still up after months.

Divius

I've started playing Dishonored and man, those guards must all be nearly blind. I´m perched on a wall a couple of meters away from a guard that is looking right at me, but he just does not see me. That makes all the sneaking around pretty easy.

Other then that I've only assassinated a single guy yet already I sunk a few hours into the game, searching every corner and trying out stuff, doing side quests. It´s alright but I hope it does not overstay its welcome.

JaseC

It was 75% off in september and again during the halloween sale, not sure about autumn/christmas.
I purchased a spare in case it was sold by mistake and might be removed, but it's still up after months.

Cheers. I might hold out until the Summer Sale unless there's a slow week as far as Dailies and such are concerned.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I've started playing Dishonored and man, those guards must all be nearly blind. I´m perched on a wall a couple of meters away from a guard that is looking right at me, but he just does not see me. That makes all the sneaking around pretty easy.

Other then that I've only assassinated a single guy yet already I sunk a few hours into the game, searching every corner and trying out stuff, doing side quests. It´s alright but I hope it does not overstay its welcome.
With your play style it will probably take 15+ hours. I didn't feel tired at the end playing the same way. The dlc is great too.

Anteater

If I see a dude wearing a metal skeleton mask with a gun and a blade on each hand I'd pretend not to see him too.

Darkroronoa

First Clash of the world Groupees bundle will be Scandinavia

http://groupees.com/clash1

Will include

Unmechanical (Steam + Desura + DRM-Free)
The Journey Down: Chapter 1 (Steam + Desura + DRM-Free)
Mystery Game (Steam)
Slip (DRM-Free + Steam Greenlight).

On the video there is a video part for Legends of Aethereus but no clue if it will be mystery game or bonus game.

Also 4 music albums and bonuses and the support of a local charity.

Pay What You Want $1 minimum.No countdown yet.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Yeah, I finished the main game today too and was really disappointed by the AI. They will just spot you if they're facing you. They rarely react to noises and can't be lured like other stealth games. I also played on the highest difficulty. I really liked the level design and the various powers though and it's a damn shame that the game doesn't offer a new game+ option

Catshade

First Clash of the world Groupees bundle will be Scandinavia

http://groupees.com/clash1

Will include

Unmechanical (Steam + Desura + DRM-Free)
The Journey Down: Chapter 1 (Steam + Desura + DRM-Free)
Mystery Game (Steam)
Slip (DRM-Free + Steam Greenlight).

On the video there is a video part for Legends of Aethereus but no clue if it will be mystery game or bonus game.

Also 4 music albums and bonuses and the support of a local charity.

Pay What You Want $1 minimum.No countdown yet.

Legends of Aethereus was pulled off at the last minute since it's also on Blink Bundle, and BB apparently has a 'non-competitive clause' (games in their active bundle can't be featured in another active bundle) in their contract.

Volcynika

Played SpeedRunners a bit last night with Dunder, Nabs, and Kipp (don't think he's on GAF), and had a blast, despite coming in 3rd/4th the majority of the time. I almost won a round, but in my glorious jump to win, I wasn't at the right angle to grapple a point and fell into a pit :(

Played SpeedRunners a bit last night with Dunder, Nabs, and Kipp (don't think he's on GAF), and had a blast, despite coming in 3rd/4th the majority of the time. I almost won a round, but in my glorious jump to win, I wasn't at the right angle to grapple a point and fell into a pit :(

Using the grapple-switch powerup when you're down to two players and the other guy is about to win is delicious.

Dishonoured is a fairly short game, so I wouldn't wory too much about it becoming a slog.

JaseC

I need to go back in time and have my 12-year-old self teach present me the fine art of expertly-navigating a Super Sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom