• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Anybody have experience with wireless headsets? Are there any good ones yet? And is the delay minimal enough these days? I'm not a pro player that would need a 0.00% delay or anything, but still.

My current one still works but the wire is seriously fucked for ages now, keeps tangling up and I'm afraid it might break at some point, plus I'd like to move around freely.

def sim

So, I'm playing through Sleeping Dogs and just noticed that the DLC is on sale. Which ones are worth the $. I'm not looking for booster packs, but ones with missions and story.

Year of the Snake, Wheels of Fury, and Zodiac Tournament. I think that's all of it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, I'm playing through Sleeping Dogs and just noticed that the DLC is on sale. Which ones are worth the $. I'm not looking for booster packs, but ones with missions and story.

From a few pages ago:

If anyone is thinking about jumping on Sleeping Dogs during the weekend sale, DO NOT buy all the DLC. Some of the DLC are experience-boost DLCs that destroy the game's natural balance and can't be turned off if you buy them.

DLC breakdown, in the order I'd buy them in from best to worst IMHO

Story Content
Year of the Snake - new missions and story, old areas
Zodiac Tournament - new areas and story, combat arena type mission content
Nightmare in North Point - new missions, old areas, mostly on foot and melee, chinese hopping vampire themed

Non-Story Content
Wheels of Fury - a series of races in a vehicle that follows up some story content from the main game
--- here's where I'd stop buying --- so just buy the first four
Street Racer Pack - Three races and a bike
Triad Enforcer - Two short missions and some weapons

Weapons and Skins
Tactical Soldier, Monkey King, Movie Masters, Retro Triad, Screen Legends, SWAT Pack

Cheats and Balance-Breaking Microtransactions
High Roller - Massive amount of cash and some skins
Red Envelope - Adds 20x cash drops around the city, this breaks game balance
Top Dog Gold - Experience booster
Top Dog Silver - Experience booster

None of the DLC is OMG MUST HAVE (although all three of the story DLC are worth the money in my opinion), so my approach would be to finish the game and if you feel like you want more content after you're done playing the game, then start buying the DLC from the top. I liked the DLC in part because I 100%ed and 1000/1000ed the game and still wanted more.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to 6.0.1. This is a (mostly) bug fix release that resolves a few issues that users were experiencing in 6.0. Changes include:

• Added filter to the new release section that will filter out older games (thanks TotalBiscuit!)
  • Fixed a bug on wishlist pages where price history would remain after making changes
  • Fixed a bug on the market page caused by layout changes
  • Fixed a bug on sub pages that caused price history not to display
As always, let me know if you encounter any issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
saw Fuse available on steam, thought it was the insomniac game :(

Nakayumi

Halo Spartan Assault is on the Steam store.

IS THIS A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME?

It better be. Why they decided to release the worst of all Halo games is anyone's guess. But for a low price I'll bite in hopes the rest of the franchise, or at least 1, 2 and 3, will follow.

mrgone

It better be. Why they decided to release the worst of all Halo games is anyone's guess. But for a low price I'll bite in hopes the rest of the franchise, or at least 1, 2 and 3, will follow.

They're waiting to make Halo 3 a DirectX 12 exclusive, of course.

louiedog

It's the newest Halo game and not one that's going to sell hardware or copies of Windows 8.

Parsnip

Totally agree, Hexcells takes way too long to ramp up in difficulty. 36 levels and really only maybe a dozen of them are worth anything, the rest feel like tutorials.

Hexcells Plus nails it though. I've gotten about 9 hours out of it and still have 4 or 5 left to perfect. Great deal for $2.50.

The best part of it is that bought them both with card money. :p

And yeah, I played a bunch earlier today and the last set of Plus levels is kicking my ass a lot.

Myshkin

I just broke 500 games on Desura with this Bundle :p

Thanks for Bob Came in Pieces. I hope it's not too difficult for me
8RNc4xw.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I enjoyed Nightmare at North Point and Zodiac. Nightmare is a completely separate launch and nothing carries over to the main game, just be aware of that (you should also complete it after you finish the main game because some characters return in conditions that kind of tell you what happens to them during the main game). Zodiac Tournament can be launched from your existing save and you get to use the clothes/fighting styles from the DLC. Zodiac Tournament is worth it for the great intro if nothing else.

I bought Year of the Snake too but couldn't be bothered to complete it. It's more postgame story but it isn't ridiculous like the other two and it wasn't really compelling in any way. Maybe it gets better, people seem to recommend it when the DLC question comes up.

Just played Burial at Sea Episode 1. That was really good! Perfect length for the BioInf gameplay not to get stale and boring again, great setting even though it isn't new. And I didn't really like BioInf so my expectations weren't very high.

Should've been stand-alone DLC like Blood Dragon.

Scribblenauts Unlimited
ModBot said:
Instructions for nightstorm:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-E71BB07799988E6E - Taken by Henry Swanson

Kevin

So I bought the India Gala "Doorways" bundle which provides a key for Oknytt for Desura. There is directions on getting a Steam key through Desura's website upon first activating the code through Desura.

However following the directions, it does not list a steam key and instead only lists the same Desura key that was provided in the first place (which will not activate on Steam as I tried). Any idea what's going on here and if I'm doing something wrong?

drakaenae

Zodiac Tournament is the only one worth it imo. You get extra attack moves that you can use in the main game after beating it. The plot is somewhat good and I enjoyed the "boss fights".
Nightmare in North Point is really repetitive and takes a long time (took me over 2 hour) if you want to get all the achievements. I wouldn't recommend it.
Year of the Snake is not bad if you want to know what happens to Wei Shen after the main story. It's really glitchy though.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Heyo guys, you might know me as the guy who randomly jumps in here and screams about games you should try.

There is this really neat post-apocalyptic turn based survival sim that screams for more publicity, called NEO Scavenger. I also made a thread for it if you want to read up on it:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700141

SUbfFcr.png

NEO Scavenger is a turn-based, rogue-like RPG where you must survive in the wasteland long enough to figure out who you are. Each turn you must decide where to go, how to scavenge for supplies, and how to deal with anything and anyone you encounter. And with each passing minute, the pit in your stomach grows, your dehydration worsens, your muscles tire, and your body temperature drops in the cold autumn air. Choose your starting abilities carefully, because they and your wit are the only tools you have in the apocalypse!

The game is on Steam early access and can be currently had for $1 during the Humble Weekly sale (even including the good and challenging puzzle game Offspring Fling if you buy it yourself):
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Thing is, this game is way, way, way too good to be overlooked and I'd love more people to check it out. I'll gift 15 copies of this game over in the thread (linked above) to the first people voicing their interest in that thread (I wont monitor the Steam thread closely so make sure to post over there) in return for you guys posting some impressions in that thread & maybe also in here to help bumping the thread/raising awareness of the game or even telling the world that you believe it is utter crap after you tried it

If we have a deal, head over here and let me know:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700141

I'll send out the links by tomorrow as buying the games might take me a while.

Man, Gaucamelee is much harder than I anticipated. I feel like I am fighting against the controls. I fear I may never escape this tree that I am in. I had to quit because my hand was cramping.

Man, Gaucamelee is much harder than I anticipated. I feel like I am fighting against the controls. I fear I may never escape this tree that I am in. I had to quit because my hand was cramping.

Are you playing with a controller? Because you should be.

Otherwise, the controls are insanely tight and responsive... so I'm not sure what to tell you... other than one trick that always eludes people is to hit jump and dimension swap at the same time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom