• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Any way I can add a custom amount of funds to my steam wallet?
Pretty sure it was possible with Enhanced Steam but I can't find that option

Salsa

liking titanfall

too bad about the 180 ping and the fact that it's pretty badly optimized / plays really bad in some maps

game just makes you feel badass tho

Smash88

Banned
steam compression notwithstanding, game is fucking legit

00EE0F61C2233E0F7D2833B926C35918A5A0089E

5D61D8BACEA0AEB5C55BCCF6070CD5BEEC1B0901

1E6903ADC52F99D8F96E4DE01A16E16EAFC38ED7

89D24079184F1FD01F1489A9D46EFDA9EF97A92E

C581C9F87F7C6741E2B7DAAD80DE295CE7E375C0

34A186428D19D1A378F5E541804E8DCAC989A21A

2014945038012938CB68A1CD94A1581766F49F83

edit: oops, I thought Gaf automatically made a smaller picture when linking them, not full size ones? does it only rezise when you quote? >_>

What game is this?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Those new animal games like "My Pet Hotel" are really pissing me off, since their "release date" on the store pages even list today - even though the first "My Pet Hotel" game came out on PC in March 2006 (8 years ago!).

So much for my new button in Enhanced Steam to hide this stuff. I guess the data is only as good as the publishers provide, like always.

Any way I can add a custom amount of funds to my steam wallet?
Pretty sure it was possible with Enhanced Steam but I can't find that option

If you have Enhanced Steam installed, you should be able to browse to http://store.steampowered.com/steamaccount/addfunds and add a custom amount (as long as it's over the minimum).

uZl6nNF.png

Tellaerin

Those new animal games like "My Pet Hotel" are really pissing me off, since their "release date" on the store pages even list today - even though the first "My Pet Hotel" game came out on PC in March 2006 (8 years ago!).

So much for my new button in Enhanced Steam to hide this stuff. I guess the data is only as good as the publishers provide, like always.

Did you know? Games don't exist until they first appear on Steam. #truefact

L.O.R.D

can anyone help me here ?
TldCSK2.jpg

after finishing downloading all the episodes
i found this

how to turn on the physic x to GPU ?
i have laptop msi ge60
GTX 660m

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I see...For some reason it didn't show up on Firefox but I found it on Chrome. Thanks

No worries - I just added it to the Firefox code earlier today, so it'll be in the next version. :)

Any mods I should install for Sleeping Dogs and Operation Flashpoint: Red Dragon / Red River before playing them?

no mods needed for Sleeping Dogs, just download the high res pack (it's free on steam store) and enjoy some Wei Fucking Shen.

I was waiting for the removal of gfwl, but the dark souls itch has to be scratched.

I was waiting. Emphasis on 'was'. Best choice ever.

This.Damn.Game. Can't wait for DS2

jshackles

Pretty funny tweet I just saw about Enhanced Steam:

Through the use of Enhanced Steam, I now know whom on my friendlist owns the nude mod for Vanguard Princess.

lol

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty funny tweet I just saw about Enhanced Steam:

lol

lol indeed. Now I need to see if anybody on my friend list has it.

EDIT: Well it seems I have it too. It's the "Director's Cut" DLC right? I don't even remember downloading it or is it because the DLC is free that it says I own it?

hohoXD123

can anyone help me here ?
TldCSK2.jpg

after finishing downloading all the episodes
i found this

how to turn on the physic x to GPU ?
i have laptop msi ge60
GTX 660m

Could try opening up the nvidia control panel, under 3D settings go to "set physx configuration" and change it from auto-select to your GPU? If you got it through steam this shouldn't be a problem, but could be worth double-checking in the "manage 3D settings" screen that bioshock is set to run using the 660m rather than your integrated GPU.

FloatOn

the shitty gimped ps3 version of dark souls 2 has sufficiently pissed me off for the evening.

the more I play the more I don't like game in general too. such a disappointment.

Bluth54

That Batman Arkham Origins Season Pack is a great deal, I was planning on buying the story DLC so I might as well get it now for half price.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So I know Marlow Briggs is going very cheap at the minute and I highly recommend it, it's a great B/C tier God Of War game and very enjoyable.

Anyway the game has a problem for some people where VSynch doesn't work. No ingame option and doesn't work via Nvidia Control Panel or D3DOverrider etc. It's annoying and the only blight I really had with the game.

Someone on the Steam forums found that if you set your desktop theme to Aero/Default Win 7 it forces vsync on in all windows. It's thought that Marlow Briggs fullscreen is actually fullscreen borderless and it forces it on their too, hence no tearing. Pity I've already completed it though lol. I'm not sure how it works with Win 8 though.

Just a heads up for anyone thats experiencing that problem. I tried it out there and it worked a charm.

L.O.R.D

Could try opening up the nvidia control panel, under 3D settings go to "set physx configuration" and change it from auto-select to your GPU? If you got it through steam this shouldn't be a problem, but could be worth double-checking in the "manage 3D settings" screen that bioshock is set to run using the 660m rather than your integrated GPU.

switch it to GPU , but still that message on screen , still on
6PIIyJ8.jpg

i also forced the game to tun on my 660m GPU , which it really do it, but the physx only run on CPU

So I know Marlow Briggs is going very cheap at the minute and I highly recommend it, it's a great B/C tier God Of War game and very enjoyable.

Anyway the game has a problem for some people where VSynch doesn't work. No ingame option and doesn't work via Nvidia Control Panel or D3DOverrider etc. It's annoying and the only blight I really had with the game.

Someone on the Steam forums found that if you set your desktop theme to Aero/Default Win 7 it forces vsync on in all windows. It's thought that Marlow Briggs fullscreen is actually fullscreen borderless and it forces it on their too, hence no tearing. Pity I've already completed it though lol. I'm not sure how it works with Win 8 though.

Just a heads up for anyone thats experiencing that problem. I tried it out there and it worked a charm.

I also recommend Marlow Briggs. It was surprisingly fun and so over the top. Just look at the feature list:

• Fight the enemies of FREEDOM with stacks of awesome combos and magic abilities,
• Single handedly destroy HUNDREDS of enemies
• Deploy MIGHTY weapons of destruction
• Leap out of HUGE EXPLOSIONS in slow motion
• Reveal the DEADLY secrets of the Mayans
• Save the ENTIRE planet

Yes, those CAPITALISATIONS are there for a reason.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I also recommend Marlow Briggs. It was surprisingly fun and so over the top. Just look at the feature list:

• Fight the enemies of FREEDOM with stacks of awesome combos and magic abilities,
• Single handedly destroy HUNDREDS of enemies
• Deploy MIGHTY weapons of destruction
• Leap out of HUGE EXPLOSIONS in slow motion
• Reveal the DEADLY secrets of the Mayans
• Save the ENTIRE planet

Yes, those CAPITALISATIONS are there for a reason.

That's what you get when you hire Scullibundo to write your game description page.

Varg

Banned
Can anyone please confirm that the weekly humble bundle has separate keys for each game? If so ill post the keys I do not want in this thread for you guys to partake.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone please confirm that the weekly humble bundle has separate keys for each game? If so ill post the keys I do not want in this thread for you guys to partake.

Many people have given away separate keys in this thread so I'm pretty sure it does.

A brief try of NEO Scavenger confirms it is a very interesting game that I will never take the time to play properly.

A brief try of Offspring Fling! confirms that it either crashes constantly or runs at 1.5 fps in compatibility mode.

Varg

Banned
Games available

Neo scavenger Taken

Offspring fling seems like no one messaged for this game. Here is the link so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Don't care who takes. https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=cRs2VCq8brekcRZZ

Magical diary Taken

Incredipede Taken

Pm me with your choice and first person gets that particular game. I will edit this post when the game is taken.

jshackles

Amazon pricematched Steam on Batman: Arkham Origins. Tempting as I got Mirror of Fate HD there and have a $5 credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom