• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait where are people getting Starbound O:

Just realized that with exception to TWD, CK2 and Baldur's Gate, I only have indie games installed.

Amicoolyet?

Y5vfcrv.jpg

I'd argue that some like Bastion isn't "true" indie in essence.

Giard

Just finished "To The Moon". I don't think it's as good as people say it is, but still it was an enjoyable experience.

Crub

Beat Wooden Sen'Sey yesterday. It's really ambitious and an impressive feat for a two-man team. There are some cool mechanics, like the swinging and the double jump that can only be executed when there is ground beneath. However it's poorly designed, rough around the edges and feels pretty amateurish.

If you're lucky you can probably make 2 bucks from the card drops, if that matters.

Copons

You forgot Copons. I find it strange seeing people with Saoirse avatars and not posting in Steam threads.

WTF I have to wake up to??

People confusing the godlike creature Yvonne Strahovski with the random whatever next door girl S[put random letters here] Ronan?

I'm going back to bed bye

Arthea

There was maybe about a 5 minute window if you're including all the people that got keys even if they missed the initial 1000. The first 1000 were gone in less than 2 minutes.

It felt more like less than a minute for me. Now I begin to wonder may be the site refreshed too late for me at the start or something. It literally was, "wait, how much I have to play?", *refreshes again* ... and it's gone.
edited: I would have managed to get it in 5 minutes :(

Kadin

Searched through the thread so I think I have my answer but I'll ask just in case. Has there been a fix posted yet for this stupid cookies issue with regards to the Market and buying/selling stuff?

I tried the Internet Explorer fix but that didn't do anything.

zkylon

zkylewd
I always begin with "ok, let's just do a day or two" and realize that two hours have passed.

I already have all the achievements for it. I don't know what to feel.

yeah, exactly

I think my biggest gripe with the game is that you can't "demote" food. like, I upgraded lasagna and now it's just not fun anymore.

Milamber

There was maybe about a 5 minute window if you're including all the people that got keys even if they missed the initial 1000. The first 1000 were gone in less than 2 minutes.

Wow, no way I would have gotten it even then. I don't save my CC credentials and I don't even remember them, so digging out my card and typing it in manually would have made me miss it anyways.

Searched through the thread so I think I have my answer but I'll ask just in case. Has there been a fix posted yet for this stupid cookies issue with regards to the Market and buying/selling stuff?

I've had it a couple of times, the only fix I could find was to either use the market inside another browser firefox/chrome or completely reset the computer. I assume you are operating inside the client?

Hasney

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-6540D10187E65090 - Taken by Iron Badger. 11 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-609F69C56565E932 - Taken by kurahador. 11 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-EBE0DF13E62EF255 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 6 entrants total.

t1389182632z1.png

Could have sworn I had Joe Danger 2 and To The Moon, but there we go.

Kadin

I've had it a couple of times, the only fix I could find was to either use the market inside another browser firefox/chrome or completely reset the computer. I assume you are operating inside the client?

Yeah directly in the client. I'll try loading it up in Chrome and see if that works. Did the reset thing with no luck. Appreciate the info.

curlycare

Thanks KarmaCow for Starbound!
I should read inbox more often; casually browsed through the thread to found out the win.

I should be studying and Risings out tomorrrow and now this..

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Gameplay is great, story weighs heavily upon you, and artstyle is gorgeous

I concur! I played through it yesterday, astonishing game!

e.g. how they utilized the gameplay in the sequence where you have to drag your brother to his grave and bury him... so brilliant and so painful

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
#shotsfired

He knows not that which he speaks.

Someone else mentioned that a fresh reinstall of Steam worked (you can back up your steamapps folder, and your userdata folder if you have screenshots, categories or shortcuts you wish to keep).

Coldsun

Banned
Honestly, I can't see the charm of Surgeon Simulator 2013. I've tried and tried, but its just terrible. I know the controls are supposed to be this bad, but I can't find the charm in that either. At this point, I'd probably try bad rats if I had it.

Question about brothers. If I've been pretty much spoiled on it, is it still worth playing? Basically is it a journey or an ending game?

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Totally forgot how scary and brilliant Alien versus Predator Classic is!

I highly recommend it

milena87

yeah, exactly

I think my biggest gripe with the game is that you can't "demote" food. like, I upgraded lasagna and now it's just not fun anymore.

Soup, Pasta and Lasagne were my biggest nightmares once updated. I never put them on the menu, unless there's a particular challenge or some VIP/romantic interest requires them (and I hate them for it).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I realise I have way to many games installed

jQuewjNT5yrjY.jpg

Arthea

Question about brothers. If I've been pretty much spoiled on it, is it still worth playing? Basically is it a journey or an ending game?

I'm not sure anybody can answer that, I was sure I'll like the journey, I didn't. I had suspicions beforehand, that I won't like the story itself.

I realise I have way to many games installed
games.pic

You have no idea... Someone posted in older steam thread having something like 300 games installed!
or was it 500? well, insane number like that

Grief.exe

The journey is so well done the game will still have an effect on you even if you have been spoiled.

I guarantee the ending will still weigh heavily upon you. They blended the game mechanics quite well in the final sequences.

The journey is so well done the game will still have an effect on you even if you have been spoiled.

I guarantee the ending will still weigh heavily upon you. They blended the game mechanics quite well in the final sequences.

Ok thanks. I'll dive into it and check it all out.

Arthea

Not necessary... It had no effect on me whatsoever, same as to the Moon.
People are different and things like that, unfortunately :(

And I must admit, I wanted to like both games.

Still I can't complain, I like many games nobody else likes, it seems :)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So how many do you think one should have installed at the same time then? :D The entire library?

Yes. I have my Steam library of 522 games, minus redundancies with games like Company of Heroes and The Ship. Then over 100 non-Steam games added to my grid. I'm not at my PC, so I'm not sure the exact number.

I'll start downloading the Humble Bundle X games when I get home. I have no plans to play any of them anytime soon, it's just nice to have options.

Anteater

:/ wouldn't that drag your system down quite a bit? or was that just in the old golden days?

I have no idea :eek:

I usually have some space left, I install most of my games on the secondary hdd though, but if I think the game loads slow I would move the installation over to my ssd (which doesn't have a lot of space) for performance.

Unless it's something like max payne 3 or metal gear rising, you could really fit a lot of games though, some indie games are like couple hundred megs :D

Arthea

Yes. I have my Steam library of 522 games, minus redundancies with games like Company of Heroes and The Ship. Then over 100 non-Steam games added to my grid. I'm not at my PC, so I'm not sure the exact number.

I'll start downloading the Humble Bundle X games when I get home. I have no plans to play any of them anytime soon, it's just nice to have options.

Wait, was it you in the old steam thread with insane number of games installed?

jediyoshi

Not sure if people've been anticipating GunZ 2, but it looks like they'll be announcing some sort of early access soon
Here’s this week’s status update focusing on Steam Integration.
As of today, Steam integration is 99% complete. Billing integration we've been working on till last week is all finished, and the game is now playable from Steam library. We are finalizing a few minor systems exclusive to Steam users now. We will be finalizing all of these during this week, and we will begin our final testing from the coming week.
We will be announcing early access launch schedule next week, so stay tuned on our Facebook page.

Thank you :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/133839622/1389170540

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Wait, was it you in the old steam thread with insane number of games installed?

I don't think so. I do like to have as many games installed as possible, though. I have 4 1 TB hard drives. My main hard drive, which is primarily for GOG, Origin, and general computer stuff. My second internal is full of Steam games, minus the 8 gigs I leave empty for any large updates that might be needed. My third is entirely Steam games, but it's only about half full. My external hard drive is half full, used for Dolphin games, movies, and television shows.

I really like going digital. My Vita has been full since a few months after I got it, and I currently have just about every 3DS game I'm interested in on its SD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom