• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soule

It's not MGR but I need to get this out of my way.

header_292x136.jpg

I own the game myself, just got the last achievements earlier today and gotta say it was an absolute delight. Gave well over 50 hours to it and loved it so much more than I thought I would. If you don't own the game definitely check out this giveaway :D

Sendou

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-61F772D3B58DDBDC - Taken by Reg. 20 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-9B35299000BB4F1E - Taken by wetflame. 5 entrants total.

t1389263950z1.png

Just some Humble Bundle X leftovers.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
managed to get on an IndieMeadow bundle.
any idea if the Fullbore keys are out yet?

Not yet. This is the latest post on the game's Greenlight page, dated a month ago:

Its happened, and now we're working on getting Full Bore: The First Dig onto steam early access so that everyone who has bought the game can play it on steam as soon as possible. We will be releasing the full game to steam proper as soon as we can, though we aren't ready just yet to give a release date. Thank you all so much for your support and help in promoting the game. We literally couldn't have done it without you. Keep an eye on this space for updates, or check out our twitter feed for the dumb stuff that pops into our heads: https://twitter.com/WholeHogGames

oipic

Selfies suck to take really.

It's for this reason many of us use studio photographers instead.

Finding that happy GAF/work time balance is difficult enough for an actress, as Jenna, Olivia, Saoirse et al will all testify, I'm sure. Joss somehow found the time for a selfie, however, but life is altogether very different from the director's chair.

Tizoc

With Double Dragon Neon recently being announced and not 'found' through the recent registry searching/checking, makes me hopeful for some more surprise announcements
SEGA+Steam partnership, DO IT GABEN!

Jawmuncher

I figured out the issue with Magic 2014. Apparently difficulty change doesn't'to happen until you restart the game.
Kind of weird you have to close out the game and renter but it works.

Also any news on cards for MGR yet?

My PC died yesterday, luckily it was just the power supply and not the motherboard.

I had another power supply around and could swap them and it works.

The old one was 450W and this one is 680W, so I might buy another lower wattage because I don't need so much power, PC is only an i3 using the integrated graphics ( I use it only to browse the internet and watch videos ).

Deques

Well I mean true but you know how that goes.
At one point I confused the steam thread for a 3DS thread.

Yeah, I understand you. There are some people who don't understand that this is a Steam thread, where we only talk steamy Sarsa stuff... I mean Steam stuff

zkylon

zkylewd
papers please is pretty badass

I feel like my general goty list will be really different from the one that I made for the steam goty. it's very hard to pick a single winner game because there wasn't anything as easy like dark souls last year.

this year for me at least I enjoyed a lot of the indie stuff that came up but nothing got me as hard as to be a clear winner.

I guess 2013 was the price to pay for a ridiculously promising 2014.

Is that the real you? I think I'm in love.

nah it's just that girl from the office

remember what thread you're in

liezryou

There needs to be a way to stop myself from playing dota 2 (ppfft self-control, who has that shit?). I should be clearing my years long backlog instead of this -_-'.

Coldsun

Banned
Im sitting at 145 (and 163 more if i'd just finish idling the games) steam trading cards in my inventory (10 or so foils). Now I guess its time to decide if I buy cards to complete more badges or sell the cards =(.

Arthea

I figured out the issue with Magic 2014.

I've seen your post about Magic 2014 earlier. Campaign is not easy and sometimes very unforgiving, it took me 6 tries to beat Volcano and that's not unusual for this game. You need right set of cards to beat certain bosses, and as your hand is more or less random, it takes many tries to get a hand you can use effectively. What I wanted to say, it's not supposed to be easy. Sometimes you lose with your enemy having 1 or 2 HP left. There is certain beauty in it, and it makes victory so much sweeter, like you did something great!

You shouldn't idle 99 spirits, it an interesting game, playing might be a good idea! just pointing out ;)

99 spirits is on Steam now? And it has cards?

I remember the day the day indigo thing ended and my friend was getting the "gift box" for the donators ready.

JaseC

Dear nofuckingidea,

An item you listed in the Community Market has been sold to HajoƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ哈乔. Your Steam Wallet has been credited 8.69 USD.

Logician Knight (Foil)
8.69 USD

Total
8.69 USD

Haha, what a day!

JaseC

25 keys for Motor Rock? I wish I bought it when it was available

How much did the game cost?

I paid $11 for three spare copies ($3.66 each, basically). The second is pending to someone else so this'll be the easiest ~$100 I've ever made. ;)

Arthea

Time to update my lltQueen status. I made great progress, managed to die in 8 ways and I'm pretty sure about a way to one more, last two are total mystery to me though :(
What's most impressive, I'm still getting unexpected results sometimes, even after playing it so many times. It's wonderful!

jmizzal

Ok first giveaway, Had the extra gift and another game

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship -- MB-DDE65ADAB042A6BD - Taken by An-Det. 7 entrants total.
Wasteland Angel -- MB-94BE58E10DC9FD29 - Taken by tylergregg. 12 entrants total.

t1389343645z1.png

AxeMan

Thanks to Steam Gaf I bought Brothers.
I'm loving it so far.

I know I'm on a winner as both my 6 year old and not quite 2 year old love watching me play.
My 2 year old sits on my lap and tells me what to do. I just finished
releasing the giant wife and sending the gaoler down the hole
and then he says 'all done'

My 6 year old loves to do the swimming for me.

Top game - thanks Gaf!

denx

Talking about LTTQ, I just got finished with a session in which
I managed to survive the naval battle and the fight against that Lumen asshole by swallowing my pride and not fighting with him, since I didn't had the crystal at that point, though my dad died. :( The invading army retreated from the country, but a couple of days later I had a commoner uprising that ended the game.
That is the farthest I've got in the game, but seriously, can you even
win the war without being a Lumen? I thought marrying that guy from Sedna would bring in reinforcements during the war, but it wasn't the case.

Arthea

I won Obulis yesterday, so something little to give back

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Doc Clock Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-1B3D985545BE82F4 - Taken by Hasney

Hasney

Cheers for Doc Clock. I have no idea what game it is, but I cannot ignore a title that awesome.

I swear I wouldn't have pre-ordered Half Minute Hero if it wasn't for it's ridiculous PC port title and I don't think I've ever been happier with a blind pre-order.

EDIT: Going to use my top of the page post to say everyone with $5 credit should get this, fantastic game:

Tiny & Big in: Grandpas Leftovers: 80% – $2.00

Tiny & Big in: Grandpas Leftovers Sountrack Edition: 80% – $2.80

These two items are Amazon PCDD Indie Deal of the Week and not appeared in the EC list, but you can still apply $5 promotional credit on it which means you can grab them for free. Both are Steam keys.

Caerith

I managed to survive the naval battle and the fight against that Lumen asshole by swallowing my pride and not fighting with him, since I didn't had the crystal at that point, though my dad died. :( The invading army retreated from the country, but a couple of days later I had a commoner uprising that ended the game.
win the war without being a Lumen? I thought marrying that guy from Sedna would bring in reinforcements furing the war, but it wasn't the case.

Yes, that's how my first win was.

Arthea

win the war without being a Lumen? I thought marrying that guy from Sedna would bring in reinforcements during the war, but it wasn't the case.

you can win this war in several ways, if you want, I can spoil it to you
Naval war can be won by having voice and instruments at max, actually all musical skills (not going to the sea). I don't have my notes here, I'm at work, but you probably need some other skill trained too, can't remember.
The most easy way though is to have Lumen skills at max and sword skill at max (not going to the sea).
There is another way by having Lumen skills at max and going to sea, multiple Lumen attack, you win a war but with consequences
keep in mind that there are probably more ways, I know those only.

Coldsun

Banned
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tolerance, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Titan's Quest Gold -- MB-79247C698B4EE03B - Taken by topyy. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Titan's Quest Gold was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1389268991z1.png

Hasney

In fact, since I had a bunch of credits and nothing to use them on anyway:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Tiny & Big Grandmas Leftovers Soundtrack Edition #3 -- MB-A630A86C01D48FF8 - Taken by bkw. 5 entrants total.
Tiny & Big Grandmas Leftovers Soundtrack Edition #2 -- MB-6594D7B662BA9B58 - Taken by firehawk12. 5 entrants total.
Tiny & Big Grandmas Leftovers Soundtrack Edition #1 -- MB-11592B9A7D66ABCC - Taken by Mavromatis. 5 entrants total.

t1389269396z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom