• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that Steam voice chat doesn't have an option to choose the audio playback device? I actually find it works great for most situations when I'm sitting at my computer but that one missing settings prevents me from using it with a 360 controller headset properly, chat audio through the headset, game audio through the TV (when I'm gaming with a controller I'm in a separate room from my PC on my television so my headphones/mic setup isn't available).

FloatOn

There needs to be a paradigm shift for that to happen. I'm still waiting on ilomilo+ to hit Steam. :( (If I were running Win8 I'd just buy it from the Windows Store seeing as it's $5.)

If Skulls of the Shogun and Pac Man CE DX+ can make the move from the windows store to steam I have faith (however small) that all of the other big hitters on xbla and the windows store will come to steam as well.

Once the exclusivity contracts run out I'm really hoping to see:

Outland
Shadow Complex
Raskulls
Scott Pilgrim

With Double Dragon Neon and the rumor of not only Ikaruga but also Battleblock Theatre coming the sting of ditching my 360 three years ago is not hurting as bad.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If Skulls of the Shogun and Pac Man CE DX+ can make the move from the windows store to steam I have faith (however small) that all of the other big hitters on xbla and the windows store will come to steam as well.

Ilomilo may break free of the shackles but isn't Team Dakota an internal MS studio? I'd like to think Jason Holtman has a desire to put an end to Microsoft's WinStore exclusivity shenanigans, but, really, there's only so much he can do in his position -- the higher-ups want what the higher-ups want.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
For those interested, I've updated Enhanced Steam Standalone which now has a traditional setup application.

You can download Enhanced Steam from

http://www.EnhancedSteam.com/standalone/setup.exe

And run it. Once installed, run the program and (hopefully) everything in your client should now be Enhanced!

Outstanding work!

One small issue that is probably only going to affect a few people is that the status window doesn't scale well if you have Windows adjust DPI for use on larger displays ( I use an HDTV as my monitor ). Here is a screen cap to illustrate:

lmH32xh.jpg

Luckily, that little bit of the checkbox that is visible was enough for me to tick it to expand the window to show it's contents. If someone's monitor adjustment were set any higher they wouldn't even know the option was there, let alone be able to access it.

Again, thanks for doing such yeoman's work.

Had to do a system restore. I will be staying away from ES for awhile.
I didn't need to go that far, but it did completely bork up explorer twice--once during install when the installer vanished, and during uninstalling when explorer became unresponsive--until a restart.

I love the browser version to death, despite me using Firefox, but I think I'll stay away from the client version for a while, jshackles.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I didn't need to go that far, but it did completely bork up explorer twice--once during install when the installer vanished, and during uninstalling when explorer became unresponsive--until a restart.

I love the browser version to death, despite me using Firefox, but I think I'll stay away from the client version for a while, jshackles.

Weird. The install went through fine on my end. I thought a restart of the client and then a restart of my pc would work. Didn't happen. So I uninstalled the exe and still nothing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Had to do a system restore. I will be staying away from ES for awhile.

Sorry about that :(

Some people I've encountered that have had issues had something else running on port 80 (Skype, IIS, etc).

Uninstalling via the Uninstall link in the program files should have reversed all of the changes though. :(

I know this is dumb to ask because no one would agree with what I have to offer but does anybody have any extra Resident Evil Revelation key they would like to get rid of and trade it with my Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War steam key?

Sajjaja

I know this is dumb to ask because no one would agree with what I have to offer but does anybody have any extra Resident Evil Revelation key they would like to get rid of and trade it with my Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War steam key?

But that's like a $30 game for a bundle game.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Sorry about that :(

Some people I've encountered that have had issues had something else running on port 80 (Skype, IIS, etc).

Uninstalling via the Uninstall link in the program files should have reversed all of the changes though. :(

No worries. Like MarcoZombieCannon, I'm also running W8.1 64bit. Think that might be the problem? I wasn't running anything besides Firefox when I went to install it.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I guess its dumb to ask, nvm everybody.

Revelations was really cheap during the GMG winter sale. I'm sure it'll be cheap again. Just hold out for a bit, you'll get it.

It's an okay game. I beat it on the 3DS and enjoyed it. Traded it in when I realized raid mode wasn't what I had hoped it would be. I picked up the PC version a couple weeks ago and threw it on the backlog.

For those interested, I've updated Enhanced Steam Standalone which now has a traditional setup application.

You can download Enhanced Steam from

http://www.EnhancedSteam.com/standalone/setup.exe

And run it. Once installed, run the program and (hopefully) everything in your client should now be Enhanced!

I Have shown as nginx not running and when I try to start it, it doesn't work. Not sure what the problem is. I am running windows 8.

Revelations was really cheap during the GMG winter sale. I'm sure it'll be cheap again. Just hold out for a bit, you'll get it.

It's an okay game. I beat it on the 3DS and enjoyed it. Traded it in when I realized raid mode wasn't what I had hoped it would be. I picked up the PC version a couple weeks ago and threw it on the backlog.

Yeah. I missed my chance of getting it for that price, but like you said, I will wait.

JaseC

Here's a list of the games in the most recent Greenlight batch that have previously been in bundles. Not a lot, unfortunately.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Still waiting for Full Bore steam. I wonder if it's going to be a full release, since I only played the first part.

JaseC

Is there a quick way to check and see if a game has steam cloud support other than switching to list view?

Right-click -> Properties -> Updates. You'll see a "Steam Cloud" section at the bottom of the window if the game supports it, but keep in mind that not every game uses Steam Cloud for saves (Rage just uses it to store player profiles, for example).

wilflare

btw is Full Bore part of any bundle/IGS yet?

----

Wishlist for Enhanced Steam
Account Details Page to show what code was redeemed for retail keys

possible?

denx

long live the queen is fucking brutal

why are people so intent on killing that poor little girl

What deaths have you got?

There are some death scenarios that you kinda can see coming, but there are others that come completely out of nowhere.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Huh. Did the "midweek" deals last until Friday before this last sale? I seem to remember them expiring on Thursday, previously.

Works for me. I still need more time to decide whether to spend $2.49 of Amazon credit on Brothers even though it'll be on PS+ rental later this month...

EDIT: HA looks like they ran out of codes. Wonder if they'll get more before Friday or if it'll be conveniently OOS until they no longer have to price match Steam.

So, even after uninstalling Enhanced Steam from my programs menu, ES is still running on the client! I'm not complaining, since it's working wonderfully now, but it is kinda odd. I should note that all my problems were with the enhanced steam exe itself.

It took me a while to notice, until I saw the lowest price section in the client and did a double take xD.

Quick edit: nginx is still running, even after a reboot, so... :D

zkylon

zkylewd
What deaths have you got?

There are some death scenarios that you kinda can see coming, but there are others that come completely out of nowhere.
so far only death by arrow and chocolate

I can't seem to help being killed by that damned poisoned chocolate. I tried it like 6 times, it's impossible. and I have like 50 on some of the skill checks :/

why did you have to be such a fatty elodie

Backlogger

I know I wasn't the only one who was incredibly annoyed to see Square-Enix pull the widely promoted discount on Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut for the former owners of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and the Missing Link DLC. Apparently the discount is back, but they have no reference to it on the game page. So who knows what that means or if this is merely a temporary fix to a PR problem that will eventually revert to the no discount state it was in. If you only owned the base Deus Ex: Human Revolution game the discount is $9.99.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut - $4.99 (75% off for those who own Deus Ex: Human Revolution & Missing Link DLC)

I never noticed it was gone. Every time I checked it was always $4.99. I was in no hurry to get it because I assumed the discount was going to be available forever. Is that not the case?

denx

so far only death by arrow and chocolate

I can't seem to help being killed by that damned poisoned chocolate. I tried it like 6 times, it's impossible. and I have like 50 on some of the skill checks :/

why did you have to be such a fatty elodie

When I was talking about deaths coming out of nowhere, I was thinking of the chocolates lol. Damn annoying, I only got past that skill check in my third playthrough.

I found this on the wiki, to get past the chocolate skill check

Chocolates arrive (if you haven't eliminated /co-opted the sender):

Test Production + Trade ≥ 60 to unlock option "Save it for later"

Test Court Manners ≥ 80 to unlock option "Save it for later"

Test Dogs ≥ 50 to unlock option "Save it for later"

You can also avoid the chocolate death by having a high Divination score. That's how I survived that skill check on my third playthrough.

JaseC

I never noticed it was gone. Every time I checked it was always $4.99. I was in no hurry to get it because I assumed the discount was going to be available forever. Is that not the case?

My guess is that Squeenix disabled the loyalty discount during the Winter Sale to avoid price mistakes. I'll offer a reminder that the game is giftable by way of a workaround, so if anybody wants it for $5, just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom