• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

talking about rewards, I so wish that crafting rewards were booster packs, or at least one card! as backgrounds and emotes are usually bad and not like you have use of hundreds backgrounds. :(

Don't trust anyone in this thread, it's a pyramid scheme
with Gabe at the top.

You shouldn't disclose such info, it's not safe!

Coldsun

Banned
talking about rewards, I so wish that crafting rewards were booster packs, or at least one card! as backgrounds and emotes are usually bad and not like you have use of hundreds backgrounds. :(

You shouldn't disclose such info, it's not safe!

I wish we could 'burn' a background or emote for a random card from any of possible games. :\

Dr Dogg

So I chip off home early to get some thing done around the house so I won't get nagged at around 6 so I can disappear into Rising, boot up my pc and I'm met with.

User Profile failed to initialise

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Turns out during the night one of my hard drives died and Sod's law it's the one with all my user data on. Not exactly a day I want to be doing a reinstall after a now computed install.

Still boots to safe mode but is in serious need of a repair. Steam sort of works but is rather laggy. Fingers crossed I can unlock it then do the fast reformat in history.

Tizoc

hmm has anyone actually earned good money from Cards?
hmm the temptation to keep crafting is simply @_@

I've started myself actually, made around $2, and now that I got a new gaming lappy, I'm ready to make up enough cash to buy a certain Steam game in case it doesn't go on sale for under 50% >=3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If Teslagrad's beta branch doesn't include proper controller support I'm going to cry.

Update: The game still doesn't have X360 button prompts, but there are now default bindings! The only problem is that there doesn't appear to be any way to disable the debug overlay.

tesla3kuwq.jpg

yuraya

Still, I find that more valuable than whatever garbage you get from crafting.

The only good item I've ever gotten was a 90% off coupon for Portal 2 after crafting L4D2 badge. Everything else has been very bad. It would be nice if they gave out more 75-90% off coupons for random games every time you'd craft something. In fact I would have to say they need to give out more coupons to balance supply/demand for cards in the market.

JaseC

After your horrendous experience I've started to DropBox my Uplay saves. It really is becoming GFWL 2.0.

Yeah, I've developed the habit of backing up my saves and moving them to a different drive after quitting the game but before exiting Uplay. I did have a minor setback not long after I began my second playthrough, which lost me a few hours, but since then I've not had any trouble. *touch wood*

I hope you're not going to be playing it forever

I'm getting there! I just hit 75% sync:

wilflare

lol I never actually played (properly) any of the AC games.
guess it's better to get them on consoles right?

(or did Durante fix the ports on PC?)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Whenever this thread goes 10 minutes without a post I always assume that my auto-update plugin is broken.

Edit: of course someone would post just as I comment on no one posting. ha.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

Up untill part three the ports where pretty decent, if I recall correctly.
Four on the other hand...
I've heard so much crap about them. Framerate locking constantly between 30 and 60 and even some people whom can't play the game due to constant crashing. Audio continues, but the image freezes.

Too bad, I do love the whole pirates theme. Or did someone fix these issues?

Hawkie

I'm still working my way through the second playthrough Uplay demanded of me when it decided to delete my 96-hour save.

What's your thoughts on the PC version JaseC, overall? I have played the others only on PS3 but am seriously considering PC for IV. Cheers.

Knurek

Up untill part three the ports where pretty decent, if I recall correctly.
Four on the other hand...
I've heard so much crap about them. Framerate locking constantly between 30 and 60 and even some people whom can't play the game due to constant crashing. Audio continues, but the image freezes.

Too bad, I do love the whole pirates theme. Or did someone fix these issues?

AC2 PC had borked LOD system, resulting in constant texture streaming glitches.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
According to the dev of Spaceforce Constellations (Groupees Capsule Computers Bundle 2) you can send an e-mail to request your Steam key. I included a screenshot of the game in my Groupees & Gamersgate libraries, but you probably only really need to do the former. No telling when Gamersgate will get their keys as the game's been released for almost a month.

Neat, The Club won't even launch D: verifying files doesn't work either and there's nothing helpful on SPUF

*changes category to "Shit"*

Brainsaw

Neo Member
It has been mentioned already, but I just want to mention how awesome last Steam Sale was. Even better was learning that sometimes Amazon.com has better deals for us Europeans. I was never able to buy from them before, but learned a little trick on the internet, just in time for the holidays :D The end result is a bunch of cool games like Just Cause 2 including all DLC ($5, which is less than €4), Skyrim and Alpha Protocol (which I somehow missed before). Oh and I also picked up The Stanley Parable thanks to a co-worker's recommendation.

After finishing AP, I moved on to Skyrim, but never expected it to be this addicting. You see, I hated Morrowind and Oblivion, which is why I held out for so long. Skyrim on the other hand has turned out to be a bargain :)

JaseC

What's your thoughts on the PC version JaseC, overall? I have played the others only on PS3 but am seriously considering PC for IV. Cheers.

Performance feels more consistent to me than in 3 however the game still doesn't run as well as it should, especially with PhysX enabled, but even so it's easy to recommend over the PS360 versions.

Echoplx

Rogue Legacy... I'm not a fan. Places too much importance on items over player skill when it comes to progression, and the grinding is ridiculous.

Beat the first two bosses and that was enough for me, was fun for a while I guess.

"open world" ubisoft games follow the same structure, they are essentially the same game, no wonder they can release the assassins creed games every year because they don't need to change almost anything about it.

Rogue Legacy... I'm not a fan. Places too much importance on items over player skill when it comes to progression, and the grinding is ridiculous.

Beat the first two bosses and that was enough for me, was fun for a while I guess.

I feel the same, too much grinding, after beating it two times I had no interest on unlocking more skills or beating the remixes bosses.

Dr Dogg

Neat, The Club won't even launch D: verifying files doesn't work either and there's nothing helpful on SPUF

*changes category to "Shit"*

How dare you!

I thought the game was pretty 'meh' when it came out and had a community. god knows how bad it will be now

Rule No.1) Never expect anything helpful from SPUF

Rule No.2) If its an old game that's been sloppily ported over first stop is always compatibility mode. You'll be surprised how often just this works.

Rule No.3) If nothing you try doesn't work then it's like my grandad used to say 'You can't polish a turd'.

Turfster

hmm has anyone actually earned good money from Cards?
hmm the temptation to keep crafting is simply @_@

I made most of my money back in beta, but I've definitely made north of 70€ in total. Of course, most of that was spent on bad choices, since my luck is so shit =p

JaseC

Looks like PES 2013 being removed wasn't a mistake:

about 2 hours ago Removed store name – Pro Evolution Soccer 2013

That was a short shelf life (about ten months). My guess is that this is Konami following in the footsteps of Sega and pulling the previous version in order to force people to purchase the more expensive new version.

Dr Dogg

That was a short shelf life (about ten months).

Licensed teams are usually only on a year by year basis but I'd expected them to pull this at the end of the season. EA always shut down their Live League servers on the 1st week of June every year.

Must make a mental note in the future is PES ever shows up again.

Edit: Actually thinking about it that's 2013 where the latest is 2014 so I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

Divius

I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of Spelunky (only made it to the temple once). I still suck, but at least I suck less. The controls took some serious getting used to, but maneuvering through the levels goes easier every new try. Watching some gameplay footage showed me there is quite some depth to it all.

JaseC

Licensed teams are usually only on a year by year basis but I'd expected them to pull this at the end of the season. EA always shut down their Live League servers on the 1st week of June every year.

Must make a mental note in the future is PES ever shows up again.

PES 2013 didn't actually release in 2013 but September 2012.

Arthea

That was a short shelf life (about ten months).

As you are so knowledgeable in these things, what's a point to remove a game from steam? Even if it sell very little, with right discount it still sells over time (not talking about Acti here, that's other matter entirely)
And I know that Konami doesn't make sense most of the time, it's just general question.

wilflare

According to the dev of Spaceforce Constellations (Groupees Capsule Computers Bundle 2) you can send an e-mail to request your Steam key. I included a screenshot of the game in my Groupees & Gamersgate libraries, but you probably only really need to do the former. No telling when Gamersgate will get their keys as the game's been released for almost a month.

hmm we can just wait for them to put it into the Groupees bundle right?

Dr Dogg

PES 2013 didn't actually release in 2013 but September 2012.

Hahaha yeah I just realised that and edited my other post. I think how late it came to Steam and how close it was to the current version threw me off. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

Turfster

As you are so knowledgeable in these things, what's a point to remove a game from steam? Even if it sell very little, with right discount it still sells over time (not talking about Acti here, that's other matter entirely)
And I know that Konami doesn't make sense most of the time, it's just general question.
Licensing costs a lot of money, and needs to be renewed if your contract term is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom