• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

Is there currently a way to get notifications when a publisher you like has a new game out/hit Steam?

For people who don't follow news closely, but would be interested in checking out other games made by developers of games they like?

I know you can manually check each game developer to see what they've made. Just wondered if there was a way to automate it or to get notifications.

Especially that second one where you have to jumpkick for the first time in your life. Really, devs?

If they just made him hover a second so I could see the stop sign, it would have made it bearable. I had to try every move on him multiple times before I really saw the stop sign and where it was.

The flow on the fights just suck, and it's a game all about flow so I don't know why they felt the need to incorporate boss fights at all or at least try to do ones that flow better.

nexen

I was exited for the last one until I heard the AI cars are constantly crashing into each other so you keep going into caution mode without doing anything wrong and never have a proper race.

As a racing fan I seriously would have put up with any other bullshit, but that is a dealbreaker.

So you are saying it is very realistic.

_hekk05

Banned
Can confirm steam is dead.

I just 100%-ed Mark of the Ninja too. I want my steam credentials to update dammit!!

No Dota no NS2 am cry.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there currently a way to get notifications when a publisher you like has a new game out/hit Steam?

For people who don't follow news closely, but would be interested in checking out other games made by developers of games they like?

I know you can manually check each game developer to see what they've made. Just wondered if there was a way to automate it or to get notifications.

Nope.

didamangi

Not that I know of, maybe jshackles can implement it to enhanced steam somehow.

rtcn63

Steam dead? can't login after a restart and friends list was down.

Steam saw Milamber's desktop and went all

wee-bey-gif.gif

Dolken

Neo Member
Mirror's Edge has a load of horrible difficulty spikes.

Maybe it's because I'm using a controller but combat is AWFUL.

Combat in Mirror's Edge is notorious for being bad so no, it's not because you're using a controller. I've played through it multiple times and still struggle with certain parts whether I use a controller or not.

Turfster

If they just made him hover a second so I could see the stop sign, it would have made it bearable. I had to try every move on him multiple times before I really saw the stop sign and where it was.

The flow on the fights just suck, and it's a game all about flow so I don't know why they felt the need to incorporate boss fights at all or at least try to do ones that flow better.

Yeah, I'd seen the stop sign, so I was trying to kick or slide-kick him, but no, those didn't work. You had to jump and then kick, something you'd never had to do before.
If I have to redo a section of a level 10 times because you're suddenly introducing a new mechanic for no reason at all in a boss fight, I'm not having fun.
Noooooooooooooooo why did I get Greed Black Border from Modbot last night

The wages of greed...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Not that I know of, maybe jshackles can implement it to enhanced steam somehow.

I usually just use Google News alerts. http://www.google.com/alerts

Not 100% accurate, since not every publisher puts out press releases when they publish a new game (and bigger ones put out press releases even when they don't) but it's a good place to start.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait...Rapelay?

is it on Steam? Ill buy it if it is :O

_hekk05

Banned
So steam is down. Night ruined.

Although I seemed to have missed something. Something to do with Milamber being lewd. I must KNOW! FOR SCIENCE!! And entertainment. BUT MOSTLY SCIENCE!!!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Weekend deal:

Godus 50% off
Torchlight II 75% off / Free weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom