• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicjac

Maximum res 1080p confirmed

BdjrSZBCYAA1N01.png:large

Even if expected, it still sucks.

schuey7

Got the Indie X bundle and noticed that I had this lying around.

ModBot said:
Instructions for schuey7:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Command & Conquer:Red Alert 3 -- MB-CEB4B53610B388F9 - Taken by _hekk05. 9 entrants total.

t1389302426z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what is this horseshit, its taking longer to unpack rising than it would take me to download it >_>

zkylon

zkylewd
guess it's time to move all the fucking gigabytes of anime away from the desktop into the other fucking drives

seriously japan

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Anyone here tried Neverwinter? Apparently I missed a price mistake in certain countries (country?) on the $200 DLC for $0.99 and my friend 7extonly gave it to me so I feel compelled to at least try it. I think there was a similar mistake elsewhere on the Mighty Quest for Epic Loot DLC that I missed, and that was one I actually wanted to play.

Edit: I forgot Metal Gear was releasing today.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
UGH cant launch another game while Rising unpacks?

tumblr_lzb9uyfa4o1qj4vs2o1_500.gif

Grief.exe

Don't forget to post some pretty screenshots from MG Rising on Steam, everyone! I want to see that quality.

This is one of those games that would really benefit from downsampling.

Seems a little unoptimized.

Not using my SLI correctly, which is fine, but I'm getting 50 FPS at max settings right now.

This is one of those games that would really benefit from downsampling.

Seems a little unoptimized.

Not using my SLI correctly, which is fine, but I'm getting 50 FPS at max settings right now.

You should try to find the .cfg/.ini's for the res etc, I'll probably try to tweak it later today.

Sajjaja

OKAY WTF KOJIMA

PHHc20Q.png

I PRELOADED IT, I HAD MANY GBs LEFT, AND NOW I DONT HAVE GBs LEFT!

WHY DID I BOTHER PRELOADING IT? I ONLY HAVE 5MB LEFT ON MY HARD DRIVE NOW....... WHY.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
It feels so weird seeing Grief as someone other than swagger Anderson Cooper.

Turfster

OKAY WTF KOJIMA

PHHc20Q.png

WHY DID I BOTHER PRELOADING IT? I ONLY HAVE 5MB LEFT ON MY HARD DRIVE NOW....... WHY.
Because it needs double the space to decrypt everything in the encrypted file before it deletes it, PS3 style.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
OKAY WTF KOJIMA

psycho_mantis.jpg

Rhaknar

lol at my friends list full of Rising

Have fun with it guys, Ill join you tomorow

drizzle

Axel Hertz
OKAY WTF KOJIMA

PHHc20Q.png

And then people ask me why shouldn't they install Steam on their C drive...

Sajjaja

Time for an upgrade man

much space

so next gen

I should start a charity fund.

Because it needs double the space, PS3 style.

Yeah I figured as much. But the preload is still going. I guess it's managing with the limited space it has. It's fluctuating between 5-8MBs lol.

Not like I had much of a choice is it? lol

aScaris

Play TWD and Volgarr and let the strategy games for when you have a lot of free time.

Thing is I actually have plenty of time now :D

You've got lots of good stuff going on there, but I would go...

Rome
Torchlight 2
Civ 5
Dark Souls
The Walking Dead

In that order, but most of those games are quite solid.

Guess I will start with Rome then, switching to something like EU4 or Civ5 if it does not click. But for times when I need a break from stragegic thinking I will keep TWD at hand :)

Grief.exe

It feels so weird seeing Grief as someone other than swagger Anderson Cooper.

I lost my swag

lol no wonder I couldn't find a config file.

I have my documents moved off my SSD, but MGR went ahead and put a save file there anyways. They even made their own 'documents' folder.

teno6F3.png

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I find the helicopter one much more interesting.

I actually have a helicopter game called Search and Rescue, but it's a few years old now, and it was a boxed copy, not on steam. Is this Steam version just an updated version of that game or by someone else? I may have to research that, as I quite enjoyed it. In fact I should re-install it and see if it even runs on Win 7....

yeah thats not the problem. Problem is preloading you can't tell it what drive to install to, just uses the steam directory. Unlike when you install, you can choose whatever the shit you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom