• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait are people actually arguing about Olivia Wilde vs Saiorse? Is that a joke? Are going to compare filet mignon with mcdonalds too?

Sorry JaseC but Olivia is MY fetish :p

It's okay, I won't hold it against you. ;)

Arthea

story of serving the Queen.
I couldn't sleep, was thinking about certain ending and death I couldn't achieve and suddenly, I finally noticed what I was doing wrong. So I got up (at 3 a.m., no kidding, and I did it!)

ibavRAP8BTawT5.png

dani_dc

I couldn't sleep, was thinking about certain ending and death I couldn't achieve and suddenly, I finally noticed what I was doing wrong. So I got up (at 3 a.m., no kidding, and I did it!)

Congratulations!
Been a few weeks since I last played it. Too many Steam games.

zkylon

zkylewd

such dedication

poor little girl

after the last of us I just feel bad for little girls everywhere

I'm too sensitive for this world

Arthea

Congratulations!
Been a few weeks since I last played it. Too many Steam games.
Thanks!

such dedication

poor little girl

after the last of us I just feel bad for little girls everywhere

I'm too sensitive for this world

I don't remember being that obsessed with any other achievement (><)
b17caa7e84c19e317e7709416f114b7dd32696f5.jpg

And I crowned her many times, and she was loved by all people at least 2 times, 11 deaths it's not too much to ask for it!

Artofwar420

Shit, Dark Souls just slapped me like the little microbe I am. Had 12 humanity, died... died again.

Fuck this dark earth.
You bet I'm going back for seconds.

dani_dc

Boss! Remember to buy offensive defense! Its the dodge move in the game and its pretty integral.

I enjoy the lack of hand holding, bit that particular mechanic should have been in a tutorial and unlocked from the start.

I finished the game without knowing about this move.
This would had made my life considerably easier.

Well should be useful for higher difficulties, VR missions or any attempts at S rankings I might attempt.

denx

Congrats man! That requires some dedication
to the cause of watching a little girl being gruesomely murdered over and over again.

Coreda

Interesting, never heard of this site before: getgamesgo.com. Found them via Rock Paper Shotgun linking to Deus Ex GOTY for $1.74, and Deus Ex: HR for $4.99, as well as MGR for $23 still.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Interesting, never heard of this site before: getgamesgo.com. Found them via Rock Paper Shotgun linking to Deus Ex GOTY for $1.74, and Deus Ex: HR for $4.99, as well as MGR for $23 still.

We link it from time to time, usually during the get loaded deals

zkylon

zkylewd
Boss! Remember to buy offensive defense! Its the dodge move in the game and its pretty integral.

I enjoy the lack of hand holding, bit that particular mechanic should have been in a tutorial and unlocked from the start.

I still don't understand how that move works

like I'm supposed to press x+y at the same instead of blocking?

it's legit from my experience

Grief.exe

I've bought a few games from them, and they are used around here fairly frequently.

Certain enemies and bosses have unlockable attacks that you need to dodge.

They flash yellow instead of red.

Tecl0n

it's legit from my experience

back + x+a. It has A LOT of invincibility frames, so it's kinda nice. Useful as well for unblockables yellow flashes.

EDIT: beaten.

Zeliard

back + x+a. It has A LOT of invincibility frames, so it's kinda nice. Useful as well for unblockables yellow flashes.

EDIT: beaten.

X+A just by itself does the back dodge. You can hold left or right with it to go in that respective direction, but to go backwards you don't need to hit back.

zkylon

zkylewd
knowing this before would've saved me some headaches

like, you know, when buying the ability?

it's crazy that they don't even tell you how to activate it when you buy it

tho I appreciate you can turn them off, I always hate when I unlock that one ability that breaks my favorite combos

Smash88

Banned
Anyone have any news on Metal Gear Revengeance and a mod to allow higher resolutions than 1080p?

No one replies in the main thread. :(

JaseC

I wonder if Ubi will bring back Anno 1701 if 1404's return proves successful (1701 was published by Aspyr for some reason and its contract expired February 2012).

I am slowly but surely making my way through Shadow Warrior.

Didn't like it at first, it seemed slippery, graphics were meh a bit (I couldn't decide if their look was a "thing" or just lower res'd).

I'm through Chapter 9, there's a fair bit of content throughout the game, it seems a lot longer than it's FPS brethren. Not surprising since it's based on an older style FPS, it feels exactly like an older FPS. Over the top, ridiculous, maybe a bit long winded...

But, at least it gives you things to do and unlock along the way by upgrading, learning new ways to dispatch your foes and making yourself more powerful.

Think I got it for $8 which would make it the most expensive game I picked up during the last Steam sale. At that rate, I think it's worth the wait a bit more, if you have it backlogged, give yourself the 12 hours or so to slide and dice some demons.

Grief.exe

Anyone have any news on Metal Gear Revengeance and a mod to allow higher resolutions than 1080p?

No one replies in the main thread. :(

People are playing around with 4k resolutions but no one is too motivated since Platinum is probably going to patch it anyways.

I would imagine we are going to hear quite soon, due to the time difference, what issues they are going to fix in the shortterm.

JaseC

How often do you guys have Steam-related dreams? Last night I dreamt that 505 removed Ashes Cricket 2013 from user libraries. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
How often do you guys have Steam-related dreams? Last night I dreamt that 505 removed Ashes Cricket 2013 from user libraries. :(
lol

never :p

I had once a dream about finding fallout on a store that's a couple blocks' from my dad, like the old boxed edition, for like 10 bucks. I bought diablo and some other crap from those guys really cheap, so it was feasible...

woke up really happy heh

Milamber

Had a nightmare that I was in an accident and could not remember all my passwords. I'm still contemplating whether I should have a printed offline copy of them all.

JaseC

lol

never :p

I had once a dream about finding fallout on a store that's a couple blocks' from my dad, like the old boxed edition, for like 10 bucks. I bought diablo and some other crap from those guys really cheap, so it was feasible...

woke up really happy heh

Some months back I dreamt that Ubi released a new publisher pack for its week-long sale on Steam and contained within was Tintin, but since it wasn't available separately I had to pony up the dough for the entire collection. I woke up excited however the biting chill of reality quickly set in. :(

Had a nightmare that I was in an accident and could not remember all my passwords. I'm still contemplating whether I should have a printed offline copy of them all.

You should use a password manager, then all you need to remember is your master password. I'm partial to LastPass myself.

Tellaerin

I'm through Chapter 9, there's a fair bit of content throughout the game, it seems a lot longer than it's FPS brethren. Not surprising since it's based on an older style FPS, it feels exactly like an older FPS. Over the top, ridiculous, maybe a bit long winded...

For some people, these things are a negative. To me, they're virtues.

Jusoni

Bored and decided to spend a few hours playing some shmups---Ether Vapor Remaster and Jamestown.

Fuck me...what a frustrating games both of them----really damn addictive though.
I came pretty close to yelling like crazy person a few times, guess it also makes a nice exercise in patience.

After reading this I went to see how far I progressed in Jamestown back in 2011. Was stuck on the last level. Half an hour and I fucking beat it. Changing the vault button to bumpers from B helped me a lot. Not having to stop the special attack to shield was a gamechanger. Awesome and easy approachable SHUMP. If you have this lying in your gamelibrary be sure to give it a go.

zkylon

zkylewd
Some months back I dreamt that Ubi released a new publisher pack for its week-long sale on Steam and contained within was Tintin, but since it wasn't available separately I had to pony up the dough for the entire collection. I woke up excited however the biting chill of reality quickly set in. :(
that's like, awfully descriptive, lol

I used to have a lot of dreams about warhammer miniatures going for cheap when I was younger since my cousins had a lot of them and I was poor and sad and couldn't afford them and really wanted to have a big army like they did heh

them dreams always hurt

You should use a password manager, then all you need to remember is your master password. I'm partial to LastPass myself.
is this thing free?

I'm on like 9 different svns with all different usernames and passwords and it's driving me insane

JaseC

I used to have a lot of dreams about warhammer miniatures going for cheap when I was younger since my cousins had a lot of them and I was poor and sad and couldn't afford them and really wanted to have a big army like they did heh

them dreams always hurt

My desire for a Steam version of Tintin is a deep emotional investment. :p

is this thing free?

I'm on like 9 different svns with all different usernames and passwords and it's driving me insane

To an extent: the mobile apps require LastPass Premium, which is $12 per year. The LastPass app itself is terrible, but the Dolphin plug-in is great and well worth the expense.

Tellaerin

Or if you're not comfortable using a service like that, throw 'em all into a text file and stash a copy on something you're not liable to lose (a thumbdrive, a PSP, whatever).

denx

After reading this I went to see how far I progressed in Jamestown back in 2011. Was stuck on the last level. Half an hour and I fucking beat it. Changing the vault button to bumpers from B helped me a lot. Not having to stop the special attack to shield was a gamechanger. Awesome and easy approachable SHUMP. If you have this lying in your gamelibrary be sure to give it a go.

I support this. If you haven't yet, play Jamestown asap. Definitely one of my favorite indies of the last couple of years.

Btw, I got Jamestown in HIB 4. A bundled game that I actually played, how about that.

Tizoc

On a whim, I picked up Typing of the Dead on Steam Overkill last night and played through it. I think it took 2-3 hours. I actually turned up the difficulty to max after a couple of levels, which is very rare for me. I still never died, though I came within one hit of dying on a boss. I was usually only 96-98% accurate though so I'm not the most amazing typist. :p

But wow, that game has a lot of messed-up stuff. I was at least glad one of the characters kinda said what I was thinking at the end.
MAJOR SPOILER:
It's sad that both the female characters are killed off. I liked playing as Varla Guns more than Agent G or Washington.

I'm sorta the opposite
I didn't mind Varla, but Isaac's dialog wins me over Varla.

Caerith

them dreams always hurt

is this thing free?

We're already deep into off-topic here, but I use Mnemosyne. I have a master phrase I use, and then I enter the name of the site or app to generate a password. I keep a piece of paper with my login for each site and the name of the site as I entered it (like, whether I used "paypal" or "PayPal") and have them separated by how many digits and whether I use ASCII or just alphanumeric (some sites won't allow special characters). Then I just copy and paste.

I'll give that a try. I stopped playing at the last boss a couple years ago, just couldn't finish it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom