• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

No plans was their latest comment.

aenylmo_460sayhb3y.gif

this supernatural gif totally isn't used enough on this page

I have to agree, the new avatar is a little creepy. Jasec, switch it out asap pls :p

I dunno, i'm in the think-it's-cute camp.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I may change it in a week, as I tend to do. ;)

aenylmo_460sayhb3y.gif

this supernatural gif totally isn't used enough on this page

I wouldn't read much into the "No plans" responses as it's a fairly typical PR non-answer. For what it's worth, here are the games I think are high unlikely to have GFWL removed:

I'd say the only games that are all but assuredly not going to receive GFWL-removing patches are:

- AFL Live (licence expired)
- Hour of Victory (WB doesn't seem to be interested in doing anything with any of its Midway IP acquisitions that aren't Mortal Kombat)
- Quantum of Solace (licence expired)
- Section 8 and Section 8: Prejudice (TimeGate Studios is dead)
- Tron: Evolution (published by Disney Interactive)
- Where's Waldo? (licence expired)

Everything else that hasn't already been patched or is set to receive a patch is up in the air. I would assume that a licence expiring doesn't preclude post-release support from a legal perspective but I don't see TruBlu, Activision and Ubisoft investing time and money into patches now when they lack the right to distribute the games and therefore earn a return on that investment.

Edit: GamersGate's new Daily is 50% off Montague's Mount ($5).

Lost Planet 3 briefly went somewhere interesting, kind of had this vibe that felt like it was a mash-up of The Thing and Aliens in
the abandoned Nevec outpost with the ruined, forzen interiors and things skittering out at you from the dark
but it quickly lost that interesting bit of atmosphere.

milena87

Good morning everyone! Little giveaway to start the day :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

GTA San Andreas -- MB-7D95E7198210E0BB - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 9 entrants total.
Tomb Raider -- MB-5E68D4150C85D2ED - Taken by Copons. 22 entrants total.

t1390564390z1.png

Another

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas -- MB-EB2CAAF87CE7C208 - Taken by Tesseract

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Lost Planet 3 briefly went somewhere interesting, kind of had this vibe that felt like it was a mash-up of The Thing and Aliens in
the abandoned Nevec outpost with the ruined, forzen interiors and things skittering out at you from the dark
but it quickly lost that interesting bit of atmosphere.

I think I'm probably one of the few people who loved that game and had it in their top 5 games last year. It just really worked for me.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
GREAT SCOTT

Lost Planet 3 is a weird kind of cookie. Now, i've only played the first hour, but there was something that reminded me of Firefly when riding that mechtruck...thing. Which is alway's a good thing.
On the other hand, it felt like a gamey B-movie.
Which is also a good thing.

I only have 1 coupon left. Kain or Thief? i never played any of this sagas

That's a tough one. I'd personally say Thief is the better series but it also goes on sale a lot more often than Kain seems to. In fact, I think this is the lowest the Kain pack has ever been.

Xavin

Neo Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Cities in Motion -- MB-F619CCDA35AE3811 - Taken by Coldsun
Arma II -- MB-34E9F9F32D43CD16 - Taken by Divius
Gun Monkeys -- MB-53AEEA4B4A461747 - Taken by Relax.MX
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-C868432AD3936454 - Taken by _hekk05
Alpha Prime -- MB-71022BB101056854 - Taken by EdmondD
Deadly Premonition Directors Cut -- MB-0C41AE1EABA1D667 - Taken by Accent
Skyward Collapse -- MB-487F371FAC3EADFB - Taken by Kuroyume
Shattered Haven -- MB-6E8A5D6F6E101508 - Taken by The Dear Leader
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-D834BAF42D17B771 - Taken by bkw
Starpoint Gemini -- MB-A7190761295C77B4 - Taken by NingenJanai
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-A9553B40C03AA7A0 - Taken by confuziz
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition -- MB-7A7CF2125013AB2A - Taken by PriitV
A Valley Without Wind 1 & 2 -- MB-D153B3BB8C2DEEFF - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Naval Warfare -- MB-7F14F0F36A92B80B - Taken by Reg
Earth 2150 Trilogy -- MB-54B85653FA59316E - Taken by didamangi

Some spares

Coldsun

Banned
Figured I'd give back to the community some more so I picked up a theif bundle and a legacy of kain bundle to give out in this thread. Additionally, a few of you who have expressed interest in the titles specifically... well check your steam messages =)

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Deadly Shadows -- MB-6E06B17074AFF3B4 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 3 entrants total.
Thief II -- MB-5E492D4F951A7FE0 - Taken by bkw. 4 entrants total.
Legacy of Kain Defiance -- MB-9EE2ADF621BC9DFB - Taken by bobnowhere. 5 entrants total.
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver -- MB-EC70173497181D53 - Taken by Eanan. 10 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-C560BC987FDC19E3 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 11 entrants total.
Blood Omen 2 Legacy of Kain -- MB-E1CF29D4A79597D5 - Taken by Ooga Booga. 2 entrants total.
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 -- MB-1A0AED51507414E3 - Taken by Japle. 3 entrants total.

t1390566683z1.png

milena87

I kind of like 3 so might play around with 4, thanks :)

Tropico 4 is great :)

I'm still trying to make the perfect island... I always end up with a lot of money and work, but people would still prefer to leave in their shacks, rather than move in the beautiful houses that I build :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom