• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Is this the first time RE4 is running above 30fps? Haven't seen the original PC release yet but I'm guessing that was locked at 30

Yes, pretty cool stuff actually, especially if they were able to unlock the frames fully.

Downsamplimg this is going to be awesome.

Sarcasm

Yes.
I didn't have it bookmarked on this laptop, but I googled it:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

I use both my DS3 and DS4 wirelessly via bluetooth now.

No. Use Xinput wrapper.

I used todd hunter and it works..is there anyway to see battery status? Thought bluetooth method doesn't work....

Well Code Veronica X HD is in MT Framework so it should actually be relatively simple to port, but who know what wind Capcom is follow right now?

Yea i wouldn't be surprised to see it eventually. I even remember them trying to get the old RE games on steam. I hope that happens,really love the old original titles.

Grief.exe

Yea i wouldn't be surprised to see it eventually. I even remember them trying to get the old RE games on steam. I hope that happens,really love the old original titles.

Right before Sven quit he said that he was talking to them about getting the older ones and RE4 on Steam.

He said they were stubborn about it, but thinking about RE1-3 (?) And RE4 was a long way out.

I used todd hunter and it works..is there anyway to see battery status? Thought bluetooth method doesn't work....

Are you running SCP Monitor? I'm not sure it shows you how much battery is there though... DS4 Tool was doing that, but for now you need to rely on your DS3's LED.

Well Code Veronica X HD is in MT Framework so it should actually be relatively simple to port, but who know what wind Capcom is follow right now?

They are probably testing the waters with the biggest one first.
If everyone buys it, maybe we can see the IG ports of the fighting games and such... oh how amazing that would be.

Right before Sven quit he said that he was talking to them about getting the older ones and RE4 on Steam.

He said they were stubborn about it, but thinking about RE1-3 (?) And RE4 was a long way out.

Yea i remember that, Capcom and other jap devs seem to be getting the PC market and Steam more and more.

bkw

So with Tomb Raider getting a "definitive edition" on consoles, is there going to be a new or updated PC version to hold out for?
I don't think they've said anything about a PC version. I'm hoping they at least do something similar to Deus Ex's director's cut and give an upgrade discount.

Dr Dogg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00004UBZZ/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00005BK7U/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000E82CO0/

Yours for the combined price of £134.92.

You'd think Capcom would get on that, at reasonable prices of course. Though I do remember 3 playing havoc with Vista. God knows how much the Japanese SourceNext versions cost with their 640x480 FMV's.

Urgh I should go to bed.

So with Tomb Raider getting a "definitive edition" on consoles, is there going to be a new or updated PC version to hold out for?

Nope. Unless something changes, they've said they aren't bringing the updates over.

I think the gist of it is that Square is a bunch of dicks and know PC gamers aren't dumb enough to pay $60 for a slightly updated version of a year old game, while starving XOne and PS4 gamers might.

wilflare

Tellaerin

I'd rather have Anarchy Reigns to be honest since I think the PC could support a 3D arena style brawler online much longer than the consoles did.

Wouldn't mind that too! It even has the MadWorld characters and the soundtrack is also pretty nice.

Another vote for Anarchy Reigns here. I really wish Grief would have mentioned it in the petition proper, since I'd personally take a PC port of AR over Bayo or Vanquish if given the choice.

Another vote for Anarchy Reigns here. I really wish Grief would have mentioned it in the petition proper, since I'd personally take a PC port of AR over Bayo or Vanquish if given the choice.
Bayonetta and Vanquish are the low hanging fruit of the petition - they're the least amount of work when it comes to porting since they use the same engine as MGR: Revengeance. Once we go past those two, porting becomes more difficult.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Bayonetta and Vanquish are the low hanging fruit of the petition - they're the least amount of work when it comes to porting since they use the same engine as MGR: Revengeance. Once we go past those two, porting becomes more difficult.

Anarchy Reigns runs on the same engine as well.

Caerith

Maybe a TR bundle with all the DLC crap on Amazon or something, that's about it.
All the DLC is basically multiplayer skins and stuff anyway, right?

I don't think they've said anything about a PC version. I'm hoping they at least do something similar to Deus Ex's director's cut and give an upgrade discount.
So, a late director's cut that's essentially abandonware?

Nope. Unless something changes, they've said they aren't bringing the updates over.

I think the gist of it is that Square is a bunch of dicks and know PC gamers aren't dumb enough to pay $60 for a slightly updated version of a year old game, while starving XOne and PS4 gamers might.
Well... no wait, saying that will get me banned. But I agree with the "Square is a bunch of dicks" sentiment.

I've only got on EC coupon this year, so I'm thinking of waiting to see if TR gets a Steam sale between now and 1/31 that forces Amazon to price match the game down to free.

Cth

Hrm, torn..

I only have one Amazon credit, and I'd like to get Tomb Raider, but I loved the old Thief games.

How do they run on newer machines? Do you need to get a program to slow things down any?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, don't bother if you have it already. I know a lot of people there, I can ask directly.
You'd be surprised at the kind of stuff that can happen just because people forgot about it except on an obscure enthusiast forum where madmen collect steam games :p

At Crytek? Can you get me a Steam key for the standard version of Crysis 2? :p

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Third Strike Online
Darkstalkers Resurrection
MvC Origins

All with GGPO...
Oh, perchance to dream!

Nope. If you installed the BT drivers, you should be able to disconnect USB and it will remain connected.

All 3 of those ports are ass though compared to just playing them on native GGPO.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hrm, torn..

I only have one Amazon credit, and I'd like to get Tomb Raider, but I loved the old Thief games.

How do they run on newer machines? Do you need to get a program to slow things down any?

They can have some problems if you use more than one core for your build and that may require some setting changes through Windows itself.

Beyond that, most everything can be resolved simply by using a patch called TFix. I didn't need to slow anything down or even bother changing things with my GOG copies with this.
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733
If you want to test it out yourself though a demo to mess around with. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141747

Edit: However others swear by one called DDFix, which I don't have any experience with, but I hear it can be better for those with Vista/7
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121449

Cth

They can have some problems if you use more than one core for your build and that may require some setting changes through Windows itself.

Beyond that, most everything can be resolved simply by using a patch called TFix. I didn't need to slow anything down or even bother changing things with my GOG copies with this.
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733

If you want to test it out yourself though a demo to mess around with. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141747

Thanks I'll check out the demo to see..

I remember not being able to play a game (Grim Fandango?) because the elevator would go too fast on newer machines and players couldn't stop it and we're stuck as a result.

Just wanted to avoid a potential situation like that.

Oh you guys whining for the Capra Demon just crack me up.

I went there, opened the door, suddenly everything started going at 5 fps, I started mashing those buttons and suddenly I won. Just after that I realized I had just beaten a boss and two dogs.
Totally the easiest boss ever. Also, I'm so better than you!

I refuse to believe this

PC already got the definitive edition? Would like to see them side by side between PC/PS4

All 3 of those ports are ass though compared to just playing them on native GGPO.

I'd disagree -- plus I could swear GGPO dropped support for Third Strike when 3SO was released on PS3/360. If that was true, I'd think it would also apply to the Darkstalkers and MvC games covered in the other releases.

I played Third Strike on the 360 and I thought it was fine
I was so disappointed in the cosmetic changes they made. Someone thought it was a good idea to go with a slate wallpaper for the sides, along with using that same dull look for the character select. That, and the whole mismatch of styles between sticking to the game's original 2D assets and mixing them with higher res assets for HUD elements and such, which also seemed affected by the filtering option you chose so if you preferred to play unfiltered the new assets showed little scaling artifacts. It was ugly, and for a game so full of style it ends up being such a shame.

Thankfully Iron Galaxy treated Darkstalkers much better, but I wish it wasn't a thing they needed to learn from and did properly from the start.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Squeenix has been coy about that but I suspect it'll be handled identically to the DE:HR Director's Cut : the Definitive Edition will be a separate app, intended to replace the current version of the game on the store, and existing owners will receive a loyalty discount, presumably to the order of 75%.

So yea I may just use my wired xbox controller since I can't get BT working for my DS3.

If your curious this is my post for SCP: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInp...-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller?pid=346340#pid346340

Does it work when you have it attached via USB?
If so, that means the SCP service is installed correctly at least.
The fact that the monitor sees the host address and your BT icon is gone should mean that the BT drivers are good to go.

I wonder if it's just not paired correctly for some reason. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom