• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Legacy of Kain Bundle for $2.49 after coupon is like a dream.

I'll probably be picking that bundle up.

Another vote for Anarchy Reigns here. I really wish Grief would have mentioned it in the petition proper, since I'd personally take a PC port of AR over Bayo or Vanquish if given the choice.

I didn't have anything to do with the petition, though I will say that Anarchy Reigns is probably not the best choice.
I agree that putting our best foot forward by picking the cheapest ports that can generate the most income.

This is a good explanation.

Bayonetta and Vanquish are the low hanging fruit of the petition - they're the least amount of work when it comes to porting since they use the same engine as MGR: Revengeance. Once we go past those two, porting becomes more difficult.

So I won Hack, Slash, Loot earlier, thanks again Grandpa Simpson, I'd already thanked him via pm, but is it the smallest games on steam? It's 8MB installed and only 6.5MB download!

Going from downloading MP3 overnight at 27GB+ to 6.5MB is wild.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam search is really acting funky tonight. X-Blades seems to come up as the top result in a LOT of searches I'm doing (for stuff that isn't even related). Is anyone else having this problem?

I was getting ready to make a video showcasing Enhanced Steam's new voice search feature, but everything I search for seems to have X-Blades showcased right at the top. For example:

This game seems to transcend all at the moment. I wonder why...?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot and it seems my default search somehow got saved on "by title, descending".

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'll probably be picking that bundle up.

I didn't have anything to do with the petition, though I will say that Anarchy Reigns is probably not the best choice.
I agree that putting our best foot forward by picking the cheapest ports that can generate the most income.

Well besides the possible income we can't guarantee Anarchy Reigns runs on the Platinum engine which is what MGR, Bayonetta, and Vanquish run on.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam search is really acting funky tonight. X-Blades seems to come up as the top result in a LOT of searches I'm doing (for stuff that isn't even related). Is anyone else having this problem?

I was getting ready to make a video showcasing Enhanced Steam's new voice search feature, but everything I search for seems to have X-Blades showcased right at the top. For example:

Those search results are fine at my end.

Hmmm not for me. Search works fine on Safari for Mac.

dream

I love how broken GMG's achievement credit system is. It's like nothing happens for a week, then BOOM! I get an entire dollar!

Sarcasm

Does it work when you have it attached via USB?
If so, that means the SCP service is installed correctly at least.
The fact that the monitor sees the host address and your BT icon is gone should mean that the BT drivers are good to go.

I wonder if it's just not paired correctly for some reason. :\

Is it cause my BT is a module in my laptop?

Sarcasm

That shouldn't have anything to do with it if the driver was correctly replaced... was your device in the list? I'm assuming not -- you used ZADIG to replace the driver for your USB receiver with the custom one, right?

Correct, I used ZADIG and it said it installed correctly. Which I do see it changes from a BT device down to a serial. What I notice different in his pictures is I don't see my PS3 CONTROLLER in there like in this picture:

attachment.php

Here is mine:

I do have xbox listed in mine too. This is too much of a hassle I will use use my wired xbox (or buy a DS4 perhaps?)

So who in here got into streaming? Can't wait for more impressions.

I set it up last night. I tried launching three games from my laptop (running Linux) that would stream off of my gaming desktop. I could see each game open up on the desktop, but nothing ever appeared on the laptop, and I had to get up and manually shut the games off on the other computer.

So: lol.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Still don't know whether or not I should pull the trigger on The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

Decisions, decisions.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I'd disagree -- plus I could swear GGPO dropped support for Third Strike when 3SO was released on PS3/360. If that was true, I'd think it would also apply to the Darkstalkers and MvC games covered in the other releases.

GGPO still has Marvel and Darkstalkers up on ggpo but Third Strike room has now named changed to Street Fighter Tres after it was originally taken down(before the community figured out an exploit to keep Third Strike using the Karnov room and some renaming of rom files which was pretty funny except to the only two daily Karnov players).

So yeah no need for 3SO,DS,MVCO unless you really want meh concept art, bad remix tracks, worse than arcade-perfect ports and a worse version of ggpo(at least in 3S case). That's just my 2 cents though and we all like different things/features. Only thing I digged was endless lobbies and the online tournament mode but those are dead now on console too.

RIP Karnov...

Mechazawa

There were at least a couple of choice Viklund remixes that were, out and out, better than what was in the 3S OST or at the very least, a sidestep. Plus, you could mix and match the songs so, nothing was lost with their inclusion.

Plus, having a proper lobby system always wins out when you're playing with friends, especially since the spectator option in 3rd Strike GGPO would wig the fuck out all the time with missing backgrounds and such. I hope Capcom ports it some time.

Prodigal

Banned
Any of you guys have any experience with getting a refund from Steam? I stupidly got CoD: Ghosts and it barely even works on my pretty good rig. I sent in a support ticket but I doubt anything will happen.

Coldsun

Banned
Any of you guys have any experience with getting a refund from Steam? I stupidly got CoD: Ghosts and it barely even works on my pretty good rig. I sent in a support ticket but I doubt anything will happen.

If this is your first refund request, they're likely to oblige.. especially if you have less than a few hours played on it.

Curious_George

Neo Member
Question: Are there any games like Torchlight / Torchlight 2 but kinda Mass Effectish or Falloutish?

It's still early access, but you might want to check out Grim Dawn (didn't see it mentioned, forgive me if if someone else already did). It's an action-rpg with a post-apocalyptic fantasy setting being made by some of the Titan Quest dudes. Has some similarities to Fallout imo, although not quite as futuristic.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot and it seems my default search somehow got saved on "by title, descending".

Yeah X-blades appears in everyone of those searches, what's weird!

Tellaerin

Fair enough, opinions and all that. I'm personally more interested in seeing Anarchy Reigns for PC than I am in Bayo (and to a lesser extent, Vanquish) because I think an online beat-'em-up like AR would have a stronger and more enduring community on PC than it does on consoles. I'm still throwing in my support, but I think I can be forgiven for wishing that the title I'm most interested in wasn't being overlooked.

As far as the engine Anarchy Reigns runs on, do we know for certain that it's not using the same engine as Platinum's other major games, or is that just speculation? I'd've thought Platinum would use the same engine as their other big character action titles, so now I'm wondering if there's some specific reason for people to think otherwise.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Valve rarely agrees to offer a refund post-release in instances where it's not legally obligated to or there isn't a ton of outrage (e.g. The War Z).

Anteater

thar we go

sign the fucking petition so i can play Valkyria Chronicles

http://abload.de/img/aenylmo_460sayhb3y.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

man those at least run decently on consoles!

[quote="zkylon, post: 98283062"]I was playing it today for a bit on my ps3

it's tragic to see it chug when it could be so wonderfully realized in 60fps on pc[/QUOTE]

i hate that port so much, i was telling my friend how it actually feels like the framerate actually gets worse the longer I play, my eyes never adjusted to it. the game in 60fps will probably be like a completely different game :lol

Deques

From Tony,

Amazon EC, 1/24-31, pre coupon

Tomb Raider - $8.99
Thief Bundle (Thief Gold, Thief II: The Metal Age, Thief Deadly Shadows) - $7.49
Legacy of Kain Bundle - $7.49

Final Fantasy XIV: $14.99
Final Fantasy XIV Collector's: $17.99
Hitman Taking Care of Business Pack (Hitman, Blood Money, Silent Assassin, Absolution Professional Edition) - $12.99

5 bucks for seven games? Hell yes!

zkylon

zkylewd
i hate that port so much, i was telling my friend how it actually feels like the framerate actually gets worse the longer I play, my eyes never adjusted to it. the game in 60fps will probably be like a completely different game :lol
yeah I mean, it's an amazing game that's just sad to play as is.

I guess someday they'll be emulators but really sega, just port it, I'll buy it again, promise

like you said, at least the other games played alright despite being on consoles

Tizoc

From Tony,

Amazon EC, 1/24-31, pre coupon

Tomb Raider - $8.99
Thief Bundle (Thief Gold, Thief II: The Metal Age, Thief Deadly Shadows) - $7.49
Legacy of Kain Bundle - $7.49
Final Fantasy XIV: $14.99
Final Fantasy XIV Collector's: $17.99
Hitman Taking Care of Business Pack (Hitman, Blood Money, Silent Assassin, Absolution Professional Edition) - $12.99

Uh anything else? Hardly anything I want is available on the current list of offers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I do not approve of this new avatar JaseC, it's creeping me out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom