• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGMIII

I didn't even know the whole Legacy of Kain series was out on steam, how do the PC versions handle these days with 64bit OS?. £15 seems pretty expensive for games of that age but then again they get away with putting up repackages of FF7/8 for £10 each.

wazoo

I didn't even know the whole Legacy of Kain series was out on steam, how do the PC versions handle these days with 64bit OS?. £15 seems pretty expensive for games of that age but then again they get away with putting up repackages of FF7/8 for £10 each.

These are the same versions that on gog.com, you can find details on compatibility there.

Dr Dogg

GREAT SCOTT

Lost Planet 3 is a weird kind of cookie. Now, i've only played the first hour, but there was something that reminded me of Firefly when riding that mechtruck...thing. Which is alway's a good thing.
On the other hand, it felt like a gamey B-movie.
Which is also a good thing.

You know what I was watching the trailer the other day and thought it looked like a campy, schlock horror flick from the mid 80's. Straight after I put it in my wishlist. Reviews be damned it looks all kinds of crazy, plus it can't be worse than 2.

milena87

Amazon just informed me that my preorder for Dark Souls PC is being postponed.
Amazon.co.uk (where I preordered the CE) said that they have no idea whatsoever on when the item will be available, while Amazon.it said that it will dispatch the Black Armour Edition between May 23rd and May 28th.

Le sigh.

3cou9HA.jpg

The previous reddit threads about the Sega PC Port petition were deleted for some dubious reason, but then it hit the news on a non-Sega site and got submitted again.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1w0suw/sega_pc_ports_campaign_launches_a_petition/

Please upvote it, if you can.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone notice this?
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3219981

Basically you can refund any pre-order games and certain games like Ashes Cricket 2013 by yourself without talking to Steam support.

This is neat and a logical step forward considering keys aren't tied to your account until a game unlocks. Similarly, it's also an option for gift purchases provided the items are still in your inventory and you haven't sent them anywhere:

refundy8fax.jpg

Edit: Arma 3 will be getting a DDE upgrade option.

Dr Dogg

Amazon just informed me that my preorder for Dark Souls PC is being postponed.
Amazon.co.uk (where I preordered the CE) said that they have no idea whatsoever on when the item will be available, while Amazon.it said that it will dispatch the Black Armour Edition between May 23rd and May 28th.

Le sigh.

Amazon.co.uk have still got both my orders at expected delivery for 14th March but Amazon being Amazon I'll probably get an email saying supplier problems blah blah reviewed date and so on soon. Normally when they don't know a set release date they seam to play it safe and have a bit of leeway in their dates and revises it accordingly when it becomes known. Though it's now pretty much sold out on every platform barring the normal editions.

Edit: oh for fucks sake I would have to go and jinx myself. Got 2 emails at 10:14 stating they don't know when to expect shipment. Fingers crossed FROM are true to their word and it's only 2-3 weeks behind consoles.

neoemonk

I guess one of my laptops is just a hunk of junk because no matter what settings I use with in-home streaming I get less than 20 fps and terrible display latency.

From Tony,

Amazon EC, 1/24-31, pre coupon

Tomb Raider - $8.99
Thief Bundle (Thief Gold, Thief II: The Metal Age, Thief Deadly Shadows) - $7.49
Legacy of Kain Bundle - $7.49
Final Fantasy XIV: $14.99
Final Fantasy XIV Collector's: $17.99
Hitman Taking Care of Business Pack (Hitman, Blood Money, Silent Assassin, Absolution Professional Edition) - $12.99

can't seem to find that Thief Bundle, is it already available?

wilflare

thanks JaseC. guess I'll get the missing Hitman games from Steam then. any other Amazon deals worthwhile? I got a Legacy of Kain and Thief Pack.

Is XCOM Bureau 7.49 before or after coupon?

Deques

thanks JaseC. guess I'll get the missing Hitman games from Steam then. any other Amazon deals worthwhile? I got a Legacy of Kain and Thief Pack.

Is XCOM Bureau 7.49 before or after coupon?

After coupon

Edit: There are also several Max Payne 3 packs with GTA or LA Noire

Coreda

I've only played Thief I or II for the first 5 minutes with a friend. Each time a guard saw us it reset the level rather than allow for any logicial run-away scenario, so it felt super linear. Granted it's an older title.

Is it worth following up? There appears to be a vocal group on GAF who love the series to bits.

Caerith

The only game I can refund is Broken Age-- I'm not going to-- but I wonder how it works for keys. Would it just nuke the key and then too bad so sad? What if I activate keys for games that are no longer available? Can I refund them, or is that specific to games that were pulled for being broken?

Arthea

The only game I can refund is Broken Age-- I'm not going to-- but I wonder how it works for keys. Would it just nuke the key and then too bad so sad? What if I activate keys for games that are no longer available? Can I refund them, or is that specific to games that were pulled for being broken?

By this I assume Broken Age is good?

Dr Dogg

It says it works for Ashes. It really should work for games that stop working, at least at their current store value.

Although I total agree with what you're saying I bet that once GFWL shuts down and games stop working, which to be fair is really only going to be one if you haven't registered a Live profile and maybe some others, that the old EULA is going to rise it's ugly head. I don't know how many GFWL games have one that you have to agree to before you install them but I can see it being a case of "well you agreed that they can suspend all online services within 30 days notice".

Dambrosi

Banned
For Scandinavian gaffers
http://www.viagame.se is giving away 1000 copies of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Just add the game to the cart and add WARFIGHTER to get the game for free

Just to be clear, it's not Steam redeemable

UK'er here, seems easy enough. But...
I've got to the checkout stage, where you have to make an account, and I can't progress. There's no "continue" button to press once I've entered my details.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The refund option doesn't actually work for keys: the link for Rekoil just takes me back to the Steam homepage and while the link for Broken Age does take me a couple of steps further, the eligible item list doesn't initialise properly. The issue is that the refund link is set to appear for any "transaction" pertaining to an unreleased game rather than just store transactions in particular.

Caerith

Wasn't there another, Early Access title? Spacestation DF-1 or some such.
I think that was 2013, insofar as an Early Access game is ever "out." And, besides, the DF-1 refers to both "Double Fine" and "Dwarf Fortress," which has been in alpha since before computers were invented, so it's probably going to be final no earlier than 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom