• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I went to go buy both but they are gone. Speculation FOILED.
I hope you don't buy them. The median sale price hasn't been over $1 since the game's release so it's not like anyone actually wants them for more than Smash88's listing.

Kaleinc

Banned
I was the only one who voted for Wasteland 1. I'm the only one playing Trials, and I'm the only one who seems to be addicted to Hammerwatch.

As a newly converted console gamer, you PC gamers don't seem to be very hardcore at all. ;)
Console gamers play PC games, PC gamers play console games. Everything is in order :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did they remove the Wallace & Gromit game?

Looks like it? Though episode 2-4 are still part of the Telltale pack.

3 minutes ago Removed store name – Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures, Episode 1: Fright of the Bumblebees

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like it? Though episode 2-4 are still part of the Telltale pack.

It was accidentally removed from the Telltale pack before being removed from the store, haha. I assume the others will follow suit any minute now.

I was the only one who voted for Wasteland 1. I'm the only one playing Trials, and I'm the only one who seems to be addicted to Hammerwatch.

As a newly converted console gamer, you PC gamers don't seem to be very hardcore at all. ;)
Hey, saw that once you've persevered through Spleunky, Risk of Rain, Teleglitch, Hotline Miami, etc., etc,

And welcome to the wonderful world of PC gaming. What convinced you to make the switch?

nexen

Death Rally is my favorite top-down racer on Steam.

It is a little broken gameplay-wise though. So easy to cheese your way through the entire game and then it gets all serious and super difficult at the end.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, +4 to my "games removed from Steam" count, I guess.

Nzyme32

For all interested, Valve have a press conference at 5pm PT today. Liveblogs will be available for the event. Here is a link to Ars Technica's Blog
t1389056400z4.png

I'm keeping all the info collected over the course of CES in the OP of this thread

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
DAE have problems with the Brothers achievements? They seem to not unlock for me for some reason..

not that I care AT ALL about such trivial things *caughs*

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Great, I can't wait for some Early Access Wallace & Gromit games!

Assemble your own joke from these components:

Early Access: playing games at an early state.
Half-baked: a sort of early access for cookie, if you will.
Telltalte: a cookie-cutter factory that prides itself on those shitty plastic cookie cutters that don't even really work in transferring the shape into the dough.

DAE have problems with the Brothers achievements? They seem to not unlock for me for some reason..

I got them all, which are you having trouble with?

I know there are a couple where you need to get both brothers to do something, etc. otherwise they won't unlock.
But ones like the sheep and the rabbit shouldn't have any problems that I can think of and worked fine for me.

Dr Dogg

Yes, none unlocked for me despite completing the game

I got one after finishing it. Seams you have to go out of your way to do certain actions in certain chapters to get them. Looking over the list after finishing it they all seam cryptic but quite easy to do/work out. Or you could just cheat and get a guide.

Turfster

Wallace and Gromit bundle is still available on Gamersgate. The individual products are not so I'm not sure if they are redeem on steam, but most of telltales games do.

Be warned, quite a lot of resellers sell Telltale account only versions, not Steam versions... and since the original pages are gone, you can't check which one this is.

jshackles

Thinking about it, why there isn't a counter and a link to another page (or something) of games removed from Steam that you have on your Account on Enhanced Steam's profile page?

Not a bad idea! The problem would be that I would have to maintain a database of appids that have been removed. But, totally possible.

Okay, based on the amount of laughs i've gotten out of some recent reviews of this, it's time to SHARE THE LOVE

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta -- MB-6E1D06AEE6DED303 - Taken by drizzle. 17 entrants total.

t1389026214z1.png

They're not the usual progress achievements. It's all stuff you have to seek out for yourself.

They're like the achievements in The Swapper, but not nearly as difficult or obtuse. :)

Okay, based on the amount of laughs i've gotten out of some recent reviews of this, it's time to SHARE THE LOVE

HAHAHA. Have YOU even played it?

I entered with a PM that told ModBot "Please don't pick me." :lol

I don't know what the deal on Prey is, but here on Portugal there are a couple of stores that still sell the physical edition of the game for 5€. It's steam redeemable, at least mine was.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We're only a week into 2014 and it's already been an awful year as far as licence expirations are concerned:

- Deadpool
- London 2012
- MLB 2K10
- MLB 2K11
- MLB 2K12
- MLB Front Office Manager
- Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures

But, hey, at least we'll have Anno 1404 back soon.

Edit: Here's your new Telltale Collection.

Dr Dogg

I don't know what the deal on Prey is, but here on Portugal there are a couple of stores that still sell the physical edition of the game for 5€. It's steam redeemable, at least mine was.

If it looks like this...

it redeems on Steam. There's a few other contracted publishers that still have copies in Europe but Mastersonic/Sold Out are the main ones you'll find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom