• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I had to start a new game at the entrance of the Cirromon Caverns in Dust, I changed the difficulty to Tough on Abadis Forest because the game was too easy on Normal but then I read that the achievement doesn't unlock if you change the difficulty mid-play. Replaying the beginning didn't take so long since all dialogue is thankfully skippable and the combat is very enjoyable too.

Really liking the game. After the middle section I started to get mildly annoyed by hits that leave you with 1 hp, but I'm not even mad considering that in the 360 version those were actually 1-hit kills (shieeeet.gif).

Got up to the end of the Sorrowing Meadow. Those Necromancers were a bitch to deal with, serves me right for not upgrading Fidget's range attack beyond the absolute essential. I ignored them right to the very last mansion, until I realized they dropped the Lost Soul item I was needing for my best three blueprints. Lol.

Keviniskool's Steam review of Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta - Episode 1 - Gold Edition made my day:

Many people would try to tell you that Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta is a poor man's Uncharted, when it's clearly the other way around. My friend and I discovered after playing through the whole game that what we have here is clearly the better experience.
For example:

Uncharted had Nolan North. Unearthed has Troy Baker. Which one of these voice actors won GOTY last year? That's what I thought.

Unearthed: 1 Uncharted: 0

Unearthed runs at 60 FPS at 1080p. Uncharted only runs at 720p at 30 FPS. Basic math tells us that since the frame buffer has roughly 4 times as many pixels and twice as many frames, Unearthed is at least 8 times better looking than Uncharted.

Unearthed: 9 Uncharted: 0

Uncharted 3 had horses. Unearthed has 4 wheel ATVs. That's 4 more wheels than Uncharted lets you ride.

Unearthed: 13 Uncharted: 0

Uncharted only runs on the PS3, while Unearthed runs on Android, PC, Mac, and probably the Gizmondo.

Unearthed: 17 Uncharted: 0

Uncharted only has creepy slippery Nazis. Unearthed has full on zombies, and it doesn't need to explain why they're there.

Unearthed: 18 Uncharted: 0

Uncharted usually only gives you a few weapons to choose from at any time. Unearthed has more weapon types than there are enemies in the entire campaign.

Unearthed: 19 Uncharted: 0

Nathan Drake is a ♥♥♥♥♥ who gets scared and emotional when the going gets tough. Faris Jawad doesn't stop cracking jokes even when a gun is fired at his sister.

Unearthed: 20 Uncharted: 0

Finally, as Unearthed rightfully points out on the store page, this game has been translated into more languages than most best-selling literature will ever see, because Semaphore knows everyone will want to play this and wants to be culturally sensitive to everyone. Uncharted consists of playing a while guy shooting minorities. I think we know who is more socially responsible.

Unearthed: 41 Uncharted: Racism

Winner: Unearthed

This is just a summary of all the things that make Unearthed the best. I didn't even go into detail about the leisurely strolls through the city discussing the plot, or the Kafka-esque analysis of the futility of escaping in a car as the city loops around you. There's just too much to this game to pack in one review, and I implore you to check out what may already be the de-facto GOTY of 2014.

Post of the Year.

Professor Scott Steiner himself would be impressed with these deductions.

kurahador

Is there a website that list the price for various emoticons and backgrounds? I wanna know which game I should craft a badge for.

Colin.

Got some cheap DLC from GMG, for when I eventually got the game. Which didn't take long, as I got a copy for £4, which had this DLC included (doh) So one of you can benefit from my impulse, enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header.jpg

XCOM Declassified: Codebreakers DLC -- MB-46D7FF3D24097D42 - Taken by Hasney. 2 entrants total.

t1389017035z1.png

You're not kidding about surprises. Loved the first time I encountered
a mimic directly on top of a real chest
. Nice try, game. Nice try.

The first, second, third and fourth time you ran into a big painting (those "our previous games" ones) and it's an enemy
DARK SOULS NOPE.png.exe

Milamber

Got some cheap DLC from GMG, for when I eventually got the game. Which didn't take long, as I got a copy for £4, which had this DLC included (doh) So one of you can benefit from my impulse, enjoy!

Oh shit! Thanks for telling me. Imma gonna buy somma dat.

_hekk05

Banned
Man Teleglitch is so good, I wish so many people weren't sleeping on it. Reminds me of Super Metroid, somehow, even though it plays like a less frantic Hotline Miami.

I've only been able to get to level 3 once. Crafted a nail gun but couldn't find any nails to use with it :(

Oh. You need a box of nails and some 250g explosives to craft the nail gun ammo.

I also got teleglitch+DLC at GMG for only 3 bucks. Cant go any lower than that anytime soon.

Also, it really gets frantic when 10 zombies are running at you and you only have a knife and 2 pistol rounds lol.

tmespe

Good day everyone. I have an extra key to give away. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock Infinite -- MB-0CAB9DED14033C65 - Taken by alr1ght. 48 entrants total.

t1389027705z1.png

Lain

The GOTY Edition will be out in a few months.

Arkham Asylum: August 2009
GOTY Edition: March 2010

Arkham City: October 2011
GOTY Edition: May 2012

You can expect a 75% off sale before then.

Edit: For perspective, the game isn't even three months old yet has already been half off at several stores, so you won't have to wait long.

Thanks, I'll wait then.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Are those guys still doing DDoS attacks? Trying to redeem a key on Origin and it gives me error even if it accept the key.

Echoplx

Better late than never, especially now that stock is beginning to dry up.

It is? Now I want it. Damnit Jase.

For real though, I played it briefly years ago at a friends and have always been interested in getting it.

I'm guessing there's no way to get it locally? Shipping to Aus is expensive.

Colin.

Oh shit! Thanks for telling me. Imma gonna buy somma dat.

Not sure about the US, but you get 10p cashback on each DLC ordered in the UK as well, if you buy separately. And don't forget the 25% off voucher: GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU

Cheers for the XCOM DLC Colin. Will have an extra mission once I get to it in my backlog it seems!

No worries Hasney. Hope you enjoy it!

Kuroyume

Banned
Bothers me that teleglitch doesn't have music. People say that it's so you can hear footsteps but I never pay attention to that stuff.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It is? Now I want it. Damnit Jase.

For real though, I played it briefly years ago at a friends and have always been interested in getting it.

I'm guessing there's no way to get it locally? Shipping to Aus is expensive.

The game is more or less only available through Amazon affiliates these days. PriitV just said he picked up the game for 1 Eurobuck + shipping so you could hit him up for a copy (you only need the key, after all).

Arthea

Good god.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/224260-:colorbars:

I realise none of those have sold for those prices, but even £9.48 is a little excessive.

I managed to sell 1 emote for a little less than 1€ and I thought it was impressive enough! lol

this one
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/225140-:duke:

Are those guys still doing DDoS attacks? Trying to redeem a key on Origin and it gives me error even if it accept the key.

Wait, what?

Oreoleo

Bothers me that teleglitch doesn't have music. People say that it's so you can hear footsteps but I never pay attention to that stuff.

I honestly didn't notice. The sound design is so great with all the random humming machinery, rustling of grass and other ambient sounds. I find myself much more drawn into the world with Teleglitch than I do with other games in the genre.

Turfster

I managed to beat the whole game without using weapons, so I know it's doable.

Yeah, I did the game without firing a shot on my first playthrough (after just buying what was basically my first console and as my like, third or fourth game to play with a controller practically ever. I don't recommend doing this =p).

Of course, it wasn't fun because almost every fucking time, your flow would be broken up because I had to screech to a halt and take out dudes before I could continue without being shot in the back or whatever while climbing a drainpipe. And don't get me started on that huge winding staircase... So much trial and error...

Weirdly, I don't remember having any trouble with the server room at all. I just powered through that thing...

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
When I saw the low app id I just assumed I missed the boat, but apparently I didn't. What a nice surprise!

I guess 7500 is the one that's been in a couple of indie bundles (Indie Gala 7, Build a 1C). I don't see it anywhere in my account details so I'm guessing I got it in the 1C Complete Pack in 2011.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think I'm done with Spelunky. I just can't get into it.

Oh well, it was only $3.50, I guess...
Hotline Miami and Frozen Synapse continue to be the only good Indies

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I guess 7500 is the one that's been in a couple of indie bundles (Indie Gala 7, Build a 1C). I don't see it anywhere in my account details so I'm guessing I got it in the 1C Complete Pack in 2011.

Yeah, you're right: in my history it's mixed amongst some other 1C titles and all are retail activations.

Nice give away on Bioshock Infinite, I've only played the first but am eagerly awaiting the second later this year... I keep hearing great things about Minerva's Den.

I think I'm done with Spelunky. I just can't get into it.

Oh well, it was only $3.50, I guess...
Hotline Miami and Frozen Synapse continue to be the only good Indies

It was hard for me too, you have to be careful, don't try to rush through the levels, it's quite addictive even if you die a lot if you go with the right mindset.

That said it's not a game I feel like playing for prolonged periods, it's best in short sessions in my opinion.

Man Teleglitch is so good, I wish so many people weren't sleeping on it. Reminds me of Super Metroid, somehow, even though it plays like a less frantic Hotline Miami.

I've only been able to get to level 3 once. Crafted a nail gun but couldn't find any nails to use with it :(
Made it to Level 2 after three hours...and then I died.

I'll make it to 3 eventually. Cangun is awesome

Xanathus

Is there a way I can easily see a full list of all my friends that own a particular game on Steam? The store page only shows a few of them. Library only shows friends that have actually played the game.

Turfster

Is there a way I can easily see a full list of all my friends that own a particular game on Steam? The store page only shows a few of them. Library only shows friends that have actually played the game.

You can click through in the library.
It'll show you who has it and who has it on their wishlist.

LOL. Is this game the new Recettear everyone needs to play? I voted for it during the sale, but I forgot to go buy it.

Just to be THAT guy:

It's my biggest disappointment of the sale and I wouldn't recommend it.
You're just raising numbers that depend on other numbers and then pick choices which lead you through a story/decision tree but with no indication where you are or where you could go, even after you've beaten/lost the game and got an ending. After that you're starting again but don't really know anything more than last time, so at some point you probably have to look at a guide to get other endings.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but don't understand the appeal.

Xanathus

You can click through in the library.
It'll show you who has it and who has it on their wishlist.

That's weird, when I click that Friends Who Play button in my library, the page it loads up only shows people who've played the game. However when I load that page URL in my browser, Steam Enhanced loads up all friends who own the game. That's neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom