• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I received a Poof booster pack and all the cards are worth more than a buck. Cheers, Valve.

StAidan

Man Teleglitch is so good, I wish so many people weren't sleeping on it. Reminds me of Super Metroid, somehow, even though it plays like a less frantic Hotline Miami.

I've only been able to get to level 3 once. Crafted a nail gun but couldn't find any nails to use with it :(

Teleglitch is really great. I have yet to get beyond level 2 myself. I don't think I've ever been so drawn into a simply-pixeled game world before, but this game really hits all the right buttons. It's so tense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i own UFO Afterlight but I can still buy this "new" one... bug? Good news for JaseC I guess if it counts as 2 :p

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
i own UFO Afterlight but I can still buy this "new" one... bug? Good news for JaseC I guess if it counts as 2 :p

Yes, because they have different AppIDs. Not a bug, it was just listed as a separate entry instead of bringing the old one back.

Arthea

Just to be THAT guy:

It's my biggest disappointment of the sale and I wouldn't recommend it.
You're just raising numbers that depend on other numbers and then pick choices which lead you through a story/decision tree but with no indication where you are or where you could go, even after you've beaten/lost the game and got an ending. After that you're starting again but don't really know anything more than last time, so at some point you probably have to look at a guide to get other endings.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but don't understand the appeal.
Not trying to dissuade you or anything, but after every run you know what actions and skill sets lead to what outcome, it does require keeping notes, but you don't know anything only if you choose to. After every run you know more. Most of fun to be had with this game, to find skill sets and actions that lead to different paths. Not saying it is easy task to see every path available, but not impossible.

I received a Poof booster pack and all the cards are worth more than a buck. Cheers, Valve.
do these actually sell?

Radio

iztE7F1.jpg

(that's a -41 C windchill for you centigraders.)

SteamGAF, I need something tropical to play. Is Just Cause Multiplayer as ridiculous as it looks?

Not trying to dissuade you or anything, but after every run you know what actions and skill sets lead to what outcome, it does require keeping notes, but you don't know anything only if you choose to. After every run you know more. Most of fun to be had with this game, to find skill sets and actions that lead to different paths. Not saying it is easy task to see very path available, but not impossible.

I can definitely see why people would like it, I just wanted to say that the specific way this game expects you to do things isn't everyone's cup of tea. If the game would just show you the decision tree which you already visited and the points at which skill-checks happen, I would enjoy it a lot more. I don't see a point in hiding it, other than forcing me to draw one myself or making me look up guides.

Smash88

Banned
Hell I don't mind covering the costs of shipping if someone got me a copy.

The cheapest copy for Canada is CDN$ 9.99 + CDN$ 8.41 shipping....

Fuck that.

Man Teleglitch is so good, I wish so many people weren't sleeping on it. Reminds me of Super Metroid, somehow, even though it plays like a less frantic Hotline Miami.

I've only been able to get to level 3 once. Crafted a nail gun but couldn't find any nails to use with it :(
I keep postponing playing through Teleglitch since I already tense up like crazy with Spelunky as it is; no idea how much that'll worsen with something so... crude as Teleglitch.

Will start playing it some day but I'll be damned if it isn't making me nervous already.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I grabbed Teleglitch in an Indie Gala bundle and I'm very interested in playing it too, but I'm focusing on Risk of Rain right now and I don't know if it would be a good idea to play both around the same window of time.

_hekk05

Banned
Bothers me that teleglitch doesn't have music. People say that it's so you can hear footsteps but I never pay attention to that stuff.

I feel like it adds a whole lot of immersion to the game.

I'm always listening to footsteps. When I hear the whine of the teleglitch I learn more about the area I'm about to enter. When I hear the whine of engines I become more careful as I won't be able to hear enemy footsteps. And when I hear that stupid yellow birdman looking thing i ready my nailgun3 to blast him to pieces.

Just made it to level 5. Had 30+ hp. Entered a room and the door locked itself behind me. 2 huge red robots then proceeded to riddle me with bullet holes. Protip from now on: avoid red doors.

At least I can start at level 3 now.

Also I see there's an achievement for killing one of those with only a knife. How the hell?

Smash88

Banned
Well if anyone decides to get a copy of Prey, consider getting two. I will pay all fees, whether through Paypal or through a steam game of some sort.

Benedict

I'm thinking about setting up one or two steam-accounts for my daughters. Then try to use the Family sharing but also giving them some games.
Is there any way to search (or filter) the Steam store by age groups?

PriitV

I'm thinking about setting up one or two steam-accounts for my daughters. Then try to use the Family sharing but also giving them some games.

I'm not sure if I understand, but there's a way to filter the games out for your daughters on their accounts.
g2iPEqT.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I know this game gets a lot of crap, but I'm having fun with Deadpool.
A self aware dumb game, full of ridiculous jokes, they nailed the character.

Yeah, I think if you like the character it's a pretty worthwhile experience. The combat improves too once you have the better weapons and can avoid switching mid combat.

JaseC

Nope. Store pages don't have an age group detail for Steam to use as a filter.

AkuMifune

Banned
I was the only one who voted for Wasteland 1. I'm the only one playing Trials, and I'm the only one who seems to be addicted to Hammerwatch.

As a newly converted console gamer, you PC gamers don't seem to be very hardcore at all. ;)

JaseC

I was the only one who voted for Wasteland 1. I'm the only one playing Trials, and I'm the only one who seems to be addicted to Hammerwatch.

As a newly converted console gamer, you PC gamers don't seem to be very hardcore at all. ;)

Psh! Games are supposed to be admired from afar as library entries, not played.

That was the opposite, a first person platformer with really bad shooting that had no place being there.

There's an achievement for never using guns. So guess what? You can ignore them! ;)

No. You were never forced to use them. It was even easier if you didnt even used them. The sniper sequence at the end was Trial & Error but doable. The same for the Server room.

You just have to hide.

Pretty easy. Run right from the start and beat the guy on the stairs. Stay there and wait till the guy with the big MG comes and beat him. Then run around and beat the other guys.

I remember some of the sections being annoying if you didn't use guns... like that parking garage, I think... but I definitely got the achievement for not using weapons -- which means this is 100% correct. :D

is this game good?

Not as good as the first game... it's a little more generic FPS, but it still has a lot of solid parts. I'd give it somewhere between a 6 and 7 as a normal gamer... an 8 if you like the comic series. Not sure if the online co-op stuff was any fun with actual people.

LOL, that's some real undercutting.

First he hates Spelunky and is on the verge of melting down if it was #1 (as it should have been) and then he's undercutting JaseC's card sales by a large amount.

Smash88 is all about making friends at SteamGAF. ;)

Teleglitch is really great. I have yet to get beyond level 2 myself. I don't think I've ever been so drawn into a simply-pixeled game world before, but this game really hits all the right buttons. It's so tense.

Once enemies start shooting at you this game becomes quite the crapshoot. I got tired of it after the 10th time of grinding the easier lower levels and then getting noscoped by anything with a gun. Easily the hardest game I played last year.

edit: Probably has the best audiovisual design in a game last year, right up there with Kentucky Route Zero .

I moved my tower out to the living room to couch-play some Risk of Rain with a controller.

Where's that Banderas gif when you need it?

Anteater

I moved my tower out to the living room to couch-play some Risk of Rain with a controller.

Where's that Banderas gif when you need it?

I really gotta hook up my pc to my tv one of these days and see how games would look, but I'm too lazy, and I like my chair better than my couch :(

AkuMifune

Banned
Psh! Games are supposed to be admired from afar as library entries, not played.

Well good. I'm admiring about 50 games that I'm going to have to admit I'll never get to.

You know when like Bill & Ted used the time machine to instantly practice music and made the Wyld Stallyns a legitimate rock group? I need that for my backlog. Come out of the phone booth with a giant beard and no installed games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom