• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Orellio said:
Plus it looks like it's including the first DLC, a $5 value! PC gamers win again!
If so yeah that is lots of content to start out with. Especially if you've never played Magic before, but as I said above even if you have.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Where is my Mac game(s)? I was hoping to start the download before I had to hit the sack.

W1SSY

Just waiting for the Mac games and hopefully something I am interested in. I am still kicking myself for not getting Torchlight when it was on sale.

TUSR

Banned
I too have been waiting for the Mac releases today, and I have come up with nothing. I assume it would be an internal valve release because if it was third party they would have put it up immediately.

Heavy emphasis on assume.

W1SSY said:
Just waiting for the Mac games and hopefully something I am interested in. I am still kicking myself for not getting Torchlight when it was on sale.
How is that even possible? It has been on sale about 10 times!

Oh wait . . . if you are Mac user then you are excused since it has been only on sale once.

I'm still bummed that I didn't pick up the SteamPlay Indie sale. I already have nearly all those games but I wanted them for a 2nd account for my daughter.

Squire Felix said:
I too have been waiting for the Mac releases today, and I have come up with nothing. I assume it would be an internal valve release because if it was third party they would have put it up immediately.

Heavy emphasis on assume.
I suspect you are correct. It is some Valve game being released on Valve time. Is suspect they haven't got all the bugs squashed yet and they are hoping to track a few more down before release.

W1SSY

speculawyer said:
How is that even possible? It has been on sale about 10 times!

Oh wait . . . if you are Mac user then you are excused since it has been only on sale once.

I'm still bummed that I didn't pick up the SteamPlay Indie sale. I already have nearly all those games but I wanted them for a 2nd account for my daughter.

Yep I am a Mac user and had that one chance so far. Decided to download the demo and try it and when I came back to try it the sale was over. I saw it has been on sale multiple times so I figure sooner or later I will be able to pick it up.

panda21

is that sniper ghost warrior game out in the US yet? not seen anything about it yet

i read that it was out but might of just been a typo

Trouble said:
Here's hoping it's TF2 for $2.50. Still kicking myself for missing out on that multiple times.

TF2 for 2.50?! That's too cheap. It's worth more...

I'm almost at 250 hours... 1 cent/hour would be too cheap!

IceMarker

perryfarrell said:
TF2 for 2.50?! That's too cheap. It's worth more...

I'm almost at 250 hours... 1 cent/hour would be too cheap!
I have over 490 hours. I think TF2 has the best value of any game I've ever played.

MDSLKTR

John said:
What's the iron sight mod for Half-Life 2? Google's no help.

Valve games are the only ones that have not succombed to that plague. Why the hell would you want to ruin a perfectly fast paced gunplay with some lazy game design? But anyway there's iron sights in SMOD tactical (among other things).

Twig

Banned
MDSLKTR said:
Valve games are the only ones that have not succombed to that plague. Why the hell would you want to ruin a perfectly fast paced gunplay with some lazy game design? But anyway there's iron sights in SMOD tactical (among other things).
I am going to put this as nicely as possible.

How in the blazing fuck do iron sights equate to lazy game design?

John

MDSLKTR said:
I'm doing a HUDless, crosshair-less playthrough and it's probably tough with no clear indication of the center of the screen, no?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
MDSLKTR said:
HL2's gunplay isn't particularly fast paced or interesting. In fact, it's somehow worse than the original. It needs all the mods it can get.

epmode

Man, "gunplay" is an awesome word. Sounds like you're making a point but it's just vague enough to be meaningless. Clarify pls.

Twig

Banned
I assume he means overall feel of the guns. Does it feel like you're actually using a gun, or is it just some little pellet shooter that happens to kill dudes?

I sort of agree with his sentiment, in that regard. I just finished playing HL1, OpFor, and BS and then HL2, E1, and am now working on E2...

I... don't know if I could explain why, but I think the guns just felt better in HL1. Overall. But also especially the pistol. Hrmmmm.

epmode

EviLore said:
F.E.A.R. remains the gold standard in that regard.
If that's all everyone means when they use the term (instead of other stuff like encounter/enemy design), then I agree with this. Jesus shotgun.

Twig

Banned
I really love Killing Floor for its gunplay. :D

Never played F.E.A.R. though. Yet. Once my backlog slims down, I plan to add it to the buy-when-on-sale list. U:

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
epmode said:
If that's all everyone means when they use the term (instead of other stuff like encounter/enemy design), then I agree with this. Jesus shotgun.
Jesus shotgun is right. As soon as you get it in the game, it never leaves my weapon set. It is the pinnacle of shotguns in games.

Volcynika

Twig said:
I really love Killing Floor for its gunplay. :D

Never played F.E.A.R. though. Yet. Once my backlog slims down, I plan to add it to the buy-when-on-sale list. U:

Original FEAR + DLC = $10 on Steam. Get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom