• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I should get Oblivion. I have it on the Xbox but never really enjoyed it because of the clunky interface so I always figured I'd like it better on the PC, just not sure if it will run.

If I can run CoD4 and CoD:WaW pretty decently would I be able to run Oblivion okay?

Edit: Eh, nevermind. Too good a deal. Purchased it and we'll see how it is.

vocab

MarshMellow96 said:
What time do todays deals come up anyway? I'm really hoping for Doom 3 on the cheap...

# DOOM Pack (feat. Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II, Master Levels for DOOM II, Final DOOM, DOOM 3, DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil) — $13.60 (66% off, Friday Only!)

Safe Bet

Banned
Volcynika said:
And like has been said before, the new sale is up at 9AM Pacific time.
fuck you steam

BOUGHT

vocab said:
# DOOM Pack (feat. Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II, Master Levels for DOOM II, Final DOOM, DOOM 3, DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil) — $13.60 (66% off, Friday Only!)
FUCK YOU STEAM!!!

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
HAI GUYS WHATS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD

2z8t93d.png

GAAAAAAAAH

slamskank

Just a heads up, someone should make a new thread if they desire (I can't as I'm a junior).

From Men of War: Assault Squad official steam group:

We're pleased to announce that Men of War: Assault Squad will be released to an open beta status (that means anyone can participiate) once this group reaches 10,000 members! It may seem like a lot, but with help from our biggest proponent - you and all of our other fans, we're confident we can make it happen! While the game remains in a closed beta state for the time being, we are still giving away testing accounts for members of the DMS Steam group. Invite your friends, tell your buddies and stick around in both groups and you could be playing before you know it!

http://steamcommunity.com/games/mowas/announcements/detail/198343807425569750

Blizzard said:
Remy? Wow, he was fine a day or two too. =( Has anyone PMed him on here yet in case he doesn't know?
It was a while ago, probably how his account got nabbed. He's aware, Valve got it back to him.

neoism

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu
did I just get hacked... I re-downloaded Dirt 2, and I had to log in for some reason. It said I was loged in else where....
I can change the password, I got the email... :(

edit never mind I guess I'm to high...:lol :lol damn that scared me.. :(

Max

I am not Max
neoism said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuu
did I just get hacked... I re-downloaded Dirt 2, and I had to log in for some reason. It said I was loged in else where....
I can change the password, I got the email... :(

edit never mind I guess I'm to high...:lol :lol damn that scared me.. :(
That happened to me a couple weeks ago, I panicked and changed my password

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
nexen said:
Ooo! Booster Trooper is on sale. Had my eye on that game for a while now.
Is it any good? How is the community? Dead?
There's gonna be a free weekend for the game so you'll have a chance to find out.

nexen

SapientWolf said:
There's gonna be a free weekend for the game so you'll have a chance to find out.
Awesome. But I wont really be able to tell if the community is dead or not due to everyone jumping in because its free. Anyone play it recently?
For $5 I'll probably buy if I like the core game though. That Crash Commandos ps3 demo was great.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
nexen said:
Awesome. But I wont really be able to tell if the community is dead or not due to everyone jumping in because its free. Anyone play it recently?
For $5 I'll probably buy if I like the core game though. That Crash Commandos ps3 demo was great.
If it's good there's a good chance that people will stick around. Small, dedicated communities tend to be the most friendly anyway.

Game is up, I'm installing now.

Nabs

SapientWolf said:
free weekend started last night. downloaded, played with friends, and then deleted it.

1-D_FTW

evil solrac v3.0 said:
I must be strong and finish my back log of 17 games before the christmas sale. I JUST HAVE TO!

:lol :lol Right. If I could knock off 1 every 2 months I'd be happy. Plus I have a big box of games bought on clearance that probably double my list. Was kind of pleased I got Oblivion for 9 or 10 dollars. Have yet to touch it and Steam has it for 7 now. And that's why I don't bargain shop for physical product anymore.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Nabs said:
free weekend started last night. downloaded, played with friends, and then deleted it.
The mechanics are ok, but the game engine / animation system for Booster Trooper is kinda broken. It looks like 30fps even when it's 60fps, which makes it hard to aim.

ChRoNiTe

Quick question: Will the Resurrection of Evil expansion pack on Steam work with a retail disc version of Doom 3? Just recently played through D3 and would like to give this a go.

Rubezh

ChRoNiTe said:
Quick question: Will the Resurrection of Evil expansion pack on Steam work with a retail disc version of Doom 3? Just recently played through D3 and would like to give this a go.

I'm quite sure that RoE requires the Steam version of D3, sorry.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Grabbed the Doom pack. The old games have aged wonderfully. The graphics still exhibit a primitive charm and the level design is top notch.

Doom 3 sucks.

Max

I am not Max
Any chance BioShock might be on sale within the next two days? I really want to replay it now that I have a PC that can run it

AcciDante

zombieshavebrains said:
In case you guys didn't see the Valve Store has L4D2/L4D1/TF2/Portal/HL2 apparel on sale now.

Link

I was going to get the black L4D long sleeve since it's only $5, but the cheapest shipping is $10! What the hell?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Jesus tapdancing christ, just spent hours trying to successfully mod Oblivion using the Steam version. I had no idea there were problems with mods and the steam system.

Here are some hot tips for people looking to mod.

Use OBMM and the OMOD versions of mods. This updates the timestamps on files when the are installed and decompressed, and seems to enable UI mods that would have otherwise been ignored if you simply copied the files into the oblivion folder. Texture replacements need this too.

Also, mods that use OBSE (script extender) like enhanced economy, need the 'Use Steam Community In-Game' option enabled from the steam settings. If this isnt checked the mods wont work.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
~Kinggi~ said:
Jesus tapdancing christ, just spent hours trying to successfully mod Oblivion using the Steam version. I had no idea there were problems with mods and the steam system.

Here are some hot tips for people looking to mod.

Use OBMM and the OMOD versions of mods. This updates the timestamps on files when the are installed and decompressed, and seems to enable UI mods that would have otherwise been ignored if you simply copied the files into the oblivion folder. Texture replacements need this too.

Also, mods that use OBSE (script extender) like enhanced economy, need the 'Use Steam Community In-Game' option enabled from the steam settings. If this isnt checked the mods wont work.
Another important thing is to turn auto-update off because mods are sensitive to the game's version. Then when an update comes out, monitor your mods and make sure you've got those that match the new version, then update.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Zerokku said:
Actually if I remember right, they're shipping is around ~$10 even for us in the US

Edit: Yup, cheapest is $10

For some reason its saying the Economy shipping is free for me. Actually it says "Free!" Maybe it depends on the amount of stuff you're buying.

Edit: Yeah 50 bucks or more and its free shipping.

Chris R

Was hoping that Fallout would go on sale. Price is still to high for me though. A 75% off sale was what I wanted (and is what I'll probably get this holiday sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom