• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleted

Whats in the 60$ Quakecon pack?
I can only see the german version of it, which is 35 EUR and contains Call of Cthulhu, Commander Keen, Doom 3, Fallout 3 GOTY and the Elder Scrolls III & IV...

Still want RTCW and the new Wolfenstein + Doom 3. Hopefully they go on sale separately...

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Talamius said:
Wasn't it published by Activision? Maybe it's held up on their end.

We're all trying to forget Quake 4 ever happened.
Hey, that Stroggification machine sequence was awesome!

UrbanRats

xyla said:
Whats in the 60$ Quakecon pack?
I can only see the german version of it, which is 35 EUR and contains Call of Cthulhu, Commander Keen, Doom 3, Fallout 3 GOTY and the Elder Scrolls III & IV...

Still want RTCW and the new Wolfenstein + Doom 3. Hopefully they go on sale separately...
i would be more interested in that one :eek:
i'm only interested in Bethesda games and 35 would be a deal, but 70€ for a lot of games i don't care about(DOOM and Quake, mostly)is too much.

There's a chance you can gift that to me? Would it work?

vocab

Quake 4 SP was ok, but MP, they really dropped the ball on the support. Playing that game competitively was a nightmare because the auto download on servers was broken out of the box. It took them way too long to fix it, the shotgun bug (crush a double stack from across the map) + LG brokeness was insane, and when they tweaked the game play (like 6+ months after release), they absolutely broke the game completely. It was fun when the community shifted to Q4 in the beginning, but after a while, people realized how boring the game was compared to CPMA/Vq3. It didn't help that the engine the game was on sucked balls for map making. Every map felt the same, and looked the same. Fucking ID tech 4.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ogs said:
I absolutely loved it, nice straight forward fun fps. Unless its the MP guys moaning, which i never touched :D
I never bothered with MP either, I played with the expectations I would have of any Id-style shooter and it really delivered. The graphics in interior levels hold up really really well.

Salsa

Damn you Oblivion and your sale temptation, i said i was done with Steam for a while :(

.............. im gonna try to pass

deleted

UrbanRats said:
i would be more interested in that one :eek:
i'm only interested in Bethesda games and 35 would be a deal, but 70€ for a lot of games i don't care about(DOOM and Quake, mostly)is too much.

There's a chance you can gift that to me? Would it work?

Sure, I can do that. But you will get the german and therefore censored version of Fallout 3. If you still want to get it, PM me.

Well, that Deluxe Oblivion pack finally ensnared me. It'll be interesting to see what the mods have cooked up in the near future, heard of at least one good Total Conversion that is not quite in English yet.

Weird, I was about to grumble a bit about there being a separate GOTY and GOTY Deluxe package I didn't know about, but my order history says I have have the Deluxe already too. Or rather "Delux". $8 I don't have to spend I guess.

Shambles

All the deluxe edition has as extra is the official add-ons, like the 2$ horse armour. Both versions include knights of nine and shivering isles. Bought the 6.80$ one

UrbanRats

xyla said:
Sure, I can do that. But you will get the german and therefore censored version of Fallout 3. If you still want to get it, PM me.
Ah, i hadn't thought about the censorship.
I guess i'll be waiting for a regular offer then, thanks anyway though.

Volcynika

Free weekend/weekend deal of Booster Trooper

Free Weekend! - Booster Trooper
Announcement - Valve 17:07
Kick off the weekend by playing Booster Trooper for free! You can also save 50% purchasing a single copy or 4-pack this weekend.

Free weekend ends Sunday at 1pm (PST). 50% off sale ends Monday at 10am (PST).

biocat

Kulock said:
Weird, I was about to grumble a bit about there being a separate GOTY and GOTY Deluxe package I didn't know about, but my order history says I have have the Deluxe already too. Or rather "Delux". $8 I don't have to spend I guess.

Oh. Just noticed mine says that as well. :p

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Does it matter which of the 4 Civ IV icons I have on my desktop (base, Warlords, Colonization, Beyond the Sword) I click on to run the game? I only want to keep one on there, and if it doesn't matter I'll just keep the base one.

Shambles

Monroeski said:
Does it matter which of the 4 Civ IV icons I have on my desktop (base, Warlords, Colonization, Beyond the Sword) I click on to run the game? I only want to keep one on there, and if it doesn't matter I'll just keep the base one.

Keep the beyond the sword one. Also keep colonization if you want, it's a seperate game. It still allows you to run the vanilla version of Civ4 and warlords, but running the BTS gives you everything

~Kinggi~

Banned
Honestly though, if anyone hasnt already purchased Oblivion, all the content for 8$ is retarded. Youll be playing that for 100 hours and still uncover new stuff to do.

You of course have to like the game though, but luckily people mod that thing daily.

I bought like 150 dls of games on the sale and I've only played one, now I just bought oblivion ugh :lol steam makes it too easy

which are the best mods?

~Kinggi~

Banned
BomberMouse said:
I bought like 150 dls of games on the sale and I've only played one, now I just bought oblivion ugh :lol steam makes it too easy

which are the best mods?
I would go after the unofficial patch sets and maybe look around the oblivion thread for others. Also get a new UI mod, like 'Darn UI dark' something or other. Its a reddish looking UI thats really slick and nice.

Babalu.

Bethesda Blog

To celebrate QuakeCon, we’ve got several deals on Steam this weekend….

QuakeCon 2010 Pack — $69.99 (50% off,Thursday-Sunday!)

Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe — $8.50 (66% off, Thursday Only!)

DOOM Pack] (feat. Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II, Master Levels for DOOM II, Final DOOM, DOOM 3, DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil) — $13.60 (66% off, Friday Only!)

Fallout 3 GOTY — $25 (50% off, Saturday Only!)

QUAKE Collection (QUAKE, QUAKE Mission Packs: Scourge of Armagon & Dissolution of Eternity, QUAKE II, QUAKE II Mission Packs: Ground Zero & The Reckoning, QUAKE III Arena, and QUAKE III: Team Arena) — $10.00 (75% off, This Sunday!)

gotta get quake pack on sunday woot!

graywolf323

Babalu. said:

damn I was hoping the Fallout 3 DLC by itself would go on sale (66% off would be nice)

I already own Fallout 3 vanilla from 50% off back long before the GOTY came out :-( I don't really want to rebuy it for the same price and have ended up spending $50 on it after all :p

edit: not to mention wouldn't it then show up on my Steam list twice?

Haeleos

The Quake pack shall be mine! I'm finally going to check out all those mission packs! I already have everything else...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Zerokku said:
So money wise I can only really manage the doom pack or the quake pack. I've never played any of the games from either series. Which one should I go for?

I'm leaning towards Quake a bit honestly

Err. Hrm. I don't know how active the Quake multiplayer communities are nowadays, so I'd be more inclined to say Doom.

drkOne

Just had a talk with the guy that has been hacking so many gaffers' accounts.
I pointed out the fact that I was Portuguese, he kind of asked me to prove it, and in the end he revealed to me that he was as well.
He does live in Lisbon as Blizzard had found out, and I doubt he is really using a VPN.

I got some details on what he does... He gets around 100 accounts every day, and for every account he hacks he is able to get another 3 to 4 people to login on the phishing site.

He then sells the login details to another guy, for $5 per account.
He doesn't intend to have the owner of the account screwed, as he is aware that Valve will fix things really quickly. Rather the person who buys the accounts from him is the one getting screwed over, as in the end he isn't able to keep the accounts and is out of his money.

I asked if he could tell me who he was able to phish through Quicksilva's account, and the names he gave me were... Brotherliam and Plasticwheel.
If it happens to be someone from here, well, make sure you change your Steam account's password.

DeVeAn

Is it just me or are the deals so good they are bad? I mean how many people actually play all the games from these bundles? I know I have purchased games because they were so cheap and still have yet to play them.

Aselith

drkOne said:
Just had a talk with the guy that has been hacking so many gaffers' accounts.
I pointed out the fact that I was Portuguese, he kind of asked me to prove it, and in the end he revealed to me that he was as well.
He does live in Lisbon as Blizzard had found out, and I doubt he is really using a VPN.

I got some details on what he does... He gets around 100 accounts every day, and for every account he hacks he is able to get another 3 to 4 people to login on the phishing site.

He then sells the login details to another guy, for $5 per account.
He doesn't intend to have the owner of the account screwed, as he is aware that Valve will fix things really quickly. Rather the person who buys the accounts from him is the one getting screwed over, as in the end he isn't able to keep the accounts and is out of his money.

I asked if he could tell me who he was able to phish through Quicksilva's account, and the names he gave me were... Brotherliam and Plasticwheel.
If it happens to be someone from here, well, make sure you change your Steam account's password.

What are you talking about?

vocab

firehawk12 said:
Err. Hrm. I don't know how active the Quake multiplayer communities are nowadays, so I'd be more inclined to say Doom.

People play QuakeWorld, VQ3, CPMA, and Quake Live. Quake Live is obviously the bigger community since it is current, and well, it's free.

hamchan

I play Quake 3 a few times a week at uni. The game is actually installed on every computer at the place so there are quite a number of players. Game is still amazing.

drkOne

Aselith said:
What are you talking about?
This:
Sanjay said:
Come on gaffers stop falling for this shit!

b6624x.png

Just bought Oblivion, it will have to wait until the weekend before I start modding the shit out of it. Going to have to go digging through the official thread to find out what the best mnods are.

Are there similar issues with Fallout 3 and a similarly productive mod community fixing the game?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I made a post in this thread with some Oblivion modding suggestions.

There's also a post there that links to a pretty extensive Fallout 3 modding guide; the only thing is, it's a little out dated. I followed it before and off the top of my head, I think Fook has been updated to incorporate Fellout now, so that caused problems. Take it more as a suggestion list than as a guide, I guess.

Lumine

How long 'till the Oblivion deal expires? Last time I played it was a couple of years ago, unmodded. It took me a few hours to actually get into it, but a few hours after that I found myself a little bored of it already. I'm afraid it's just going to end up sitting in my log. Then again, I've been told that mods make the game that much better.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Rubezh said:
How does this OMG HA HA HA thing get out? Is it some kind of virus? More importantly, how can it be removed?
Not a virus. Just hijacked accounts. The URL points to a fake website on which you're asked to "Log into your Steam account". So you enter your login details and boom, the details are in some guy's database. He then swiftly uses the details to login himself, posts that URL from the hijacked account into chats and history repeats itself.
If this happens to you, contact Steam support! Also, in general:
- use a password one can't guess
- make a Steam account name that's different from your login username,
- make sure the login details for Steam aren't the same login details for stuff like e-mail and shit (otherwise, some guy will actually hijack more than just your Steam account)
- never give out your login details to anyone
- don't trust links people post in chats

That's all you have to know.

Volcynika

Lumine said:
How long 'till the Oblivion deal expires? Last time I played it was a couple of years ago, unmodded. It took me a few hours to actually get into it, but a few hours after that I found myself a little bored of it already. I'm afraid it's just going to end up sitting in my log. Then again, I've been told that mods make the game that much better.

Well it says right there on the page "Offer ends 9am Pacific time."

:p

Rufus

wmat said:
Not a virus. Just hijacked accounts. The URL points to a fake website on which you're asked to "Log into your Steam account". So you enter your login details and boom, the details are in some guy's database. He then swiftly uses the details to login himself, posts that URL from the hijacked account into chats and history repeats itself.
If this happens to you, contact Steam support! Also, in general:
- use a password one can't guess
- make a Steam account name that's different from your login username,
- make sure the login details for Steam aren't the same login details for stuff like e-mail and shit (otherwise, some guy will actually hijack more than just your Steam account)
- never give out your login details to anyone
- don't trust links people post in chats

That's all you have to know.
- verify your Email address
Unless that is hacked as well (because you stupidly use the same password for everything, as wmat already mentioned), the scammer won't be able to lock you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom