• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Fuck this shit.

I REALLY fucking hate Valve for this shit.

I cannot buy anything at all because I've got a British credit card registered to a British address but I live in Taiwan. For some reason it was OK when I lived in Korea, but not anymore.

If someone wants to gift me it to me in return for $70 through Paypal, let me know.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If you contact Steam and let them know of your situation they'll allow your account to use the UK store.

Volcynika

industrian said:
Fuck this shit.

I cannot buy anything at all because I've got a British credit card registered to a British address but I live in Taiwan. For some reason it was OK when I lived in Korea, but not anymore.

If someone wants to gift me it to me in return for $70 through Paypal, let me know.

Put in a support ticket. They should be able to flag your card to allow purchases. At least that's what other people have done. Granted, I'm not sure of the response time.

Davidion

industrian said:
Fuck this shit.

Shoot me a PM later if no one else offers, I'll see what I can do.

edit: or if you can't get through customer service. :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
industrian said:
Fuck this shit.

Was considering offering to help you out but I think there's a £5-6 difference between the US price and the UK one. =\

SmokyDave

industrian said:
Fuck this shit.

Could be worse chap, I'm English using an English card on the English store and it keeps being declined. Tried 2 cards, both have funding on, both are being declined.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
SmokyDave said:
Could be worse chap, I'm English using an English card on the English store and it keeps being declined. Tried 2 cards, both have funding on, both are being declined.

My Bank of Scotland Mastercard worked when I was in Korea. I just put "Korea" as my country, left my address as it was in the UK and it worked perfectly. This may be due to my bank authorising payments in Korea (I told them I was going to be there for a year) but I'm not sure.

hamchan said:
Pretty much everything goes on sale, EVERYTHING.

(except for Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, fucking Activision.)
It was on sale once, I think the Christmas sale before last. I purchased it for $5.

Now The Longest Journey and its sequel have never been on sale.

John

ChoklitReign said:
It's worth it for the Wizard Tower alone. All the homes are pretty sweet. Mehrunes Razor is a heck of a quest, too.
Yeah, Frostcrag Spire's beautiful. I was just thinking this morning that it was weird that I didn't have it in my game.

UrbanRats

Is there an essential mods list somwhere, to tweak oblivion? I've played it on 360, but from Morrowind, it was a huge let down, with leveled stuff and generally boring gameplay/world.
With the right tweaks, i'm sure it could become great..

John

UrbanRats said:
Is there an essential mods list somwhere, to tweak oblivion? I've played it on 360, but from Morrowind, it was a huge let down, with leveled stuff and generally boring gameplay/world.
With the right tweaks, i'm sure it could become great..
Here's a prettifier: http://deadendthrills.com/?page_id=1669 (not necessarily runnable all the time)

Then run down the top 100 on tesnexus.com and pick whatever you want.

For mechanics get Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.
If you want fancy combat get Unneccesary Violence (or something)
For an un-console-ized interface get Darnified's UI.
Get the Keyring for convenience.

Weenerz

Banned
Where is my Puzzle Quest 2, damn you Valve. I woke up just to play it and NOTHING? Only thing I hate about Steam is valve time.

I was tempted to get Oblivion today at that price but I remembered not enjoying it when I rented it for PS3...I hope the Fallout 3 DLC content goes on sale.

UrbanRats

John said:
Here's a prettifier: http://deadendthrills.com/?page_id=1669 (not necessarily runnable all the time)

Then run down the top 100 on tesnexus.com and pick whatever you want.

For mechanics get Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.
If you want fancy combat get Unneccesary Violence (or something)
For an un-console-ized interface get Darnified's UI.
Get the Keyring for convenience.
Thanks! I'll check into those and make up my head before sunset :lol

Spwn

Bought Puzzle Quest 2 on impulse. Had the first one for the DS, but sold it after completing the game because the problems, which are hopefully dealt with, made the last battle a nightmare I spent hours and hours to wake up from.

Kind of sucks that you can't upgrade from Oblivion GOTY to the Deluxe version somehow without buying the whole thing over. They need to have a $2 upgrade deal or something to go from one to the other.

pyros

SmokyDave said:

i had the same problem, used my Singapore, oz and U.S. cards and even tried paypal, always got declined, i had about 8 games in my cart, started buying individually and it worked.

buying from Singapore, U.S. store

Actually, it appears that I already own the deluxe version although there is no way to tell from the library entry. It will even allow me to try to purchase the game and doesn't show me that I've already got it (Whereas GOTY does) however when I try to check out with Deluxe it gives an error and says I already own it. Furthermore, my history shows that I purchased the "Delux" version originally.

There's something wonky about Steam's implementation here but as long as I already have access to the DLC I don't care.

Come on Valve, get ET:QW up on Steam and I will double dip for the convenience of right click 'join friends game' and automatic patching.

Vampire masquerade bloodlines HAS gone on sale, ONCE, ET:QW has NEVER been on sale

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Looks like this old PSN exclusive just got a PC release:
New Release - Burn Zombie Burn!
Product Release - Valve
Burn Zombie Burn! is now available on Steam. To celebrate its launch, the game will be offered a 10% discount during launch week. Hurry, as offer ends on August 18th, 2010!

Welcome to the char-grilled world of Burn Zombie Burn, where the best type of undead is barbequed undead.

The goals are simple: keep Bruce alive, as he tries to keep Daisy alive, and get the highest score possible. Standing (well, ambling) in your way is a never ending horde of the rotting, stinking and stupid undead. Fortunately our mild-mannered hero Bruce can get hold of some tasty weaponry. Burn, batter, shoot, maim, blow up, mince, and obliterate as many zombies as possible before they make Bruce their dinner…

Flaming zombies are faster and more dangerous than regular uncooked zombies. But burning zombies drop better pickups and act as a score multiplier – light ‘em up, score big, and have fun.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/50510/

It looks like it has an interesting scoring system. But of course there's no demo. Has anyone played this?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Davidion said:
Played the demo on PSN, was...eh.

We'll see if the PC release sheds any other lights.
So is Nation Red @ $5 the better buy? They're both on sale but I can't see myself buying two zombie themed top down shooters in the same day.

vocab said:
Nope. It was like the only two games that weren't on sale.

Hmm... I'm pretty sure it was on sale on the first ever holiday sale, because I bought it for a buddy of mine. Of course, there is the chance that I was just being extra generous, but I doubt that as I'm a total asshole. :lol

mrgone

Jirotrom said:
DAMNIT! I bought the GOTY version thinking it had everything on the last sale I didnt know there was a deluxe version as well.... are the extras in the deluxe version worth it?

Are you sure you didn't buy the deluxe edition? The Steam library is really poor about indicating which version you have. The deluxe version was on sale during the last Bethsoft week/weekend/whatever (before the summer salesplosion) when I grabbed it. Confusingly enough, it shows up as "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" in my games list, but in my license and subscription list (in account details) it's listed as "Oblivion Game of the Year Delux" (yes, without the 'e'). When I click the DLC link on the game's library page it's "Downloadable Content for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition", which tells me "There is no downloadable content available for this game." So, for the life of me I can't tell what the hell version I've actually got access to :)

Ahh, Oblivion... it's one of those games that I really, really like the sound of but every time i've tried it I came away disappointed. Now I have a $7 price tag starring me in the face and i'm interested again. Damn it, Steam.

Zombie James said:
Ahh, Oblivion... it's one of those games that I really, really like the sound of but every time i've tried it I came away disappointed. Now I have a $7 price tag starring me in the face and i'm interested again. Damn it, Steam.
It sucks, the world leveling up with you always wrecks it for me when I try to get into it. Everything is stuck together forever.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Think theres a chance the Quake pack will go on sale? Would be nice to have all those games.

Javaman said:
We need to fire up the ol' Volcynika sky sign.

Is it bad that I've heard you enough on the GAF TF2 server that I can practically read this in your voice? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom