• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I picked it up at $4.99 and then felt bad because of how awesome it is. I will make up for it by purchasing it again when it releases on XBLA.

senahorse

Must be just on the Aussie store.

edit:

minigolf.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Saerk said:
Wow, I don't remember KQ5 having voices. I must have had a shitty ass sound card back then.

I think it is actually accredited as the first game to feature CD voice-acting. I remember reading somewhere that most of the performances were simply done by Sierra employees.

nny

Sinatar said:
Keep in mind those adventure packs are those shitty boxed sets they released to retail in 06. Most of the games are running misconfigured DOSbox confs and some don't work properly in anything but straight XP.

I was excited when I read about these releases, but screw them, I'll keep my money.

Twig

Banned
They should just give the games to GOG.com, damnit.

Not only would they make more money that way (each game would be sold separately, most likely, and I personally would be willing to pay), but GOG would handle making the games work!

I bet it's the lack of DRM that's preventing it from happening. Or at least that's what I'm going to assume, since it's Activision.

Twig

Banned
Haeleos said:
Whoa, thanks for reminding me. Phew, that was close. I almost funded more Guitar Hero...
Hahah. Yeah, there's that, too!

P.S. who's gonna buy me mini-golf for 10c! ROCK IT.

Thomper

VOOK said:
I bought it :D
Any chance that you, in your eternal Australian kindness, would be able to gift the game to me? I'd surely Paypal you back double the money it cost you. Perhaps even triple.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Alrighty I'll do it but I'll at least $1AU to cover the fees and the conversion. If that's too much :p

Only doing it for two people, add me on Steam VOOKS.

updated my username - oops >_>

Haeleos

firehawk12 said:
Read on the Steam forums that KQ7 is not Vista64 compatible. But I guess no one bought it to try it out? :lol

Look on the brightside... you don't have to play one of the worst adventure games ever made.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I just double checked and VII didn't work on Vista 64bit. I could have sworn I tried it at least once. Oh well, the package is still worth it for KQV KQVI in my opinion.

epmode

I don't see why these games aren't compatible with more recent operating systems if you're willing to screw around with DOSBox.

Twig

Banned
epmode said:
I don't see why these games aren't compatible with more recent operating systems if you're willing to screw around with DOSBox.
Even if they were, it's still bullshit that something I buy on Steam is going to fuck up like that.

EDIT: I guess they don't.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's definitely a shitty situation, but 1-6 work just fine!

If you have an XP 32bit computer laying around you can always play 7 on that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So technically KQ7 would work with a new version of Dosbox... except their implementation of Dosbox means you can't update it to the new version.

Man... thanks for trying, Vivendi/Activision/whatever.

My understanding is that the other Quest games are completely broken in Vista64? Is that why they only did Space Quest and King's Quest?

Although, maybe I should be blaming Sierra and the shitty SCI. It really felt like they were really short sighted, especially when compared to the LucasArts games that were released just a week earlier.

Jefklak

Sierra seems to have released a King's Quest Collection patch back in the day

This patch will allow the use of greatly improved latest DOSBox over the version 0.63 that shipped with the Collection. It will upgrade King's Quest 7 to version 2.00b DOS. Also includes the NewRisingSun patch for King's Quest 1 SCI. The patch also restores the missing install files to configure the games' settings. After running the update, you will find new shortcuts in the "Sierra\King's Quest Collection" folder in the Start Menu. The launcher will no longer be needed.

No idea if it'll work with Steam, my guess is you're all fucked.
http://www.sierrahelp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47
http://www.sierrahelp.com/Patches-U...s-Games/KingsQuestUpdates.html#KQCollectionDB

KQI-IV are supported by ScummVM though, but again Steam lollers (maybe, but I doubt it here)

Can I jump in for the account value e-penis comparison or am I too late for that?

* Username: Al3xand3r
* Steam_ID: STEAM_0:0:62946
* Profile ID: 76561197960391620
* Custom URL: Al3xand3r
* Steam member since: September 12, 2003
* Last calculation: July 16, 2009 — refresh

Account value: $5308.87

$6330.63 without packages

:D

TheExodu5

Banned
PsychoCrow said:
Can I jump in for the account value e-penis comparison or am I too late for that?

Wow. You've perhaps beaten LovingSteam.

Let's hope you beat him in play time as well. I think he has 0.2 hours in the past 2 weeks.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
PsychoCrow said:

you have a press account, cheater =p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That's cheating then. If you didn't spend any money on them, I doubt you have the same emotional investment in your games that most of us on GAF do (yes, even "digital" copies).

TheExodu5

Banned
AstroLad said:
That's cheating then. If you didn't spend any money on them, I doubt you have the same emotional investment in your games that most of us on GAF do (yes, even "digital" copies).

I shed a few tears of joy every time I boot up a Steam game.

Firehead

Weh, jumping on the account value thing -
* Username: =(e)=™Magical Girl Firehead
* Steam_ID: STEAM_0:1:7950297
* Profile ID: 76561197976166323
* Custom URL: firehead
* Steam member since: May 28, 2005
* Last calculation: July 24, 2009
Account value: $895.99
$1060.76 without packages

For some reason, King's Bounty's not showing up.

Weekend deal: Men of War for $7.50

DirtRiver

Are the Weekend deals different between continents?

In my steam it says that the weekend deals are Velvet Assassin and X3: Terran Conflict

Yazus

I recently got Garry's Mod. Holy shit this stuff fucking blows. So much fun closing GMan in a hole and making him explode with dynamite and then having him sucked by a Black Hole with the whole stuff ending up into a stargate. :lol

Costanza said:
is that a good game?

Yes, definitely worth the price. Awesome strategy gameplay.

Also, and there's no hyperbole here, it has possibly the worst voice acting in a video game...ever. I think that's worth the 7.50 alone.

Heh, I bought MoW some time ago on a Gamersgate Deal (U$9,99). Didn't even download it yet. Would be nice to have it on Steam.

Fucking Steam, can't believe I'm considering re-buying a game that I didn't even play yet.

Gonna grab the Penunbra pack, I missed the WD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom