• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys halp, I can't stop playing miitomo.
aJxxqXC.png

Hi guys!!, newbie here. First message in neogaf

we don't accept new members in steamgaf unless they buy disgaea PC and support the prinnies.

#savetheprinnies

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh the humble monthly had renowed explorers bummer. anyone selling it in the B/S/T?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-B92E15C3670F0354 - Taken by laserlaser. 19 entrants total.
For those who like holes

t1459539465z1.png

Ludens

Banned
What a waste of time, guys. Never do those puzzles, never enter DS3 giveaways on April first too. Life is a scam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not that new, always stayed with the pc (thank god for emulators).
i've always liked games with a good story and content. I don't mind year of release or if i have to play it 640x480. All monkey islands (except for the 4th one...), the Metal Gear Solid series, Fallout (especially the first ones), and of course, the Half-Life series are between my favorites.

i can give them a try.

I'm always glad to see fresh new faces here. :)

If you haven't already, you might check out our previous years' SteamGAF GOTY winners. We typically vote on our "Game of the Year" in January and compile a list of the games that we as a community liked most on Steam the previous year.

The stuff we like collectively seems to be story-heavy so I thought you might find something on one of those lists that maybe you hadn't heard of before, or at the very least see what kinds of games we're into.

Welcome!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've seen a couple people in there selling it

actually im sorted, a steamgaffer hooked me up <3

then again he did use the word "fam" when he did, so I should have rejected it on principle >_>

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ace of Words -- MB-58A81CFE59DF8C87

t1459547683z1.png

This is to apologize. Is not great, but at least the game is the one I wrote. Because Moodbot changed it into Terminator Salvation.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms western release likely to be locked to 1080p.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=199864862

Please assume the standard rhetoric for these cases: KT ports are terrible -- don't buy them, absolutely pathetic, lack of arbitrary resolution support is the devil, etc.

actually im sorted, a steamgaffer hooked me up <3

then again he did use the word "fam" when he did, so I should have rejected it on principle >_>

Truer words have never been spoken. ;)

Vamphuntr

Quantum Break is 1161,99$ on the CDN Windows 10 Store. Guess there is no preload and they are putting random price placeholder.

Rhaknar

is Starpoit Gemini 2 anything like Rogue Galaxy? I assume its more complex but hopefully not too much? I could totally go for something similar

i gotta be honest guys, at first i was completely uninterested in battleborn but the more i see and hear the more its starting to grab my attention. still not buying it on launch, but I think I'll be keeping an eye on that game, its having a beta pretty soon, isn't it? At least I'll be able to play that unlike douchey Overwatch who still hasn't let me in their dumb testing >_>

Please assume the standard rhetoric for these cases: KT ports are terrible -- don't buy them, absolutely pathetic, lack of arbitrary resolution support is the devil, etc.

But usually they are.

One Piece has missing multiplayer, the options are broken (graphical options dont change ANYTHING), so we are stuck with the Vita assets...
Toukiden crashes unless you use the Windows 7 compatibility mode, then it doesnt crash that often.
Arslan was okay, but had horrible performance.
The Musou games before were usually using the PS3 assets instead of the PS4 one.
Dead or Alive was missing stages.

Most K-T ports are/were bad.

MUnited83

For you.
But usually they are.

One Piece has missing multiplayer, the options are broken (graphical options dont change ANYTHING), so we are stuck with the Vita assets...

Toukiden crashes unless you use the Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Arslan was okay, but had horrible performance.

The Musou games before were usually using the PS3 assets instead of the PS4 one.

Dead or Alive were missing stages.

Most K-T ports are/were bad.
There are no ports in existence that frost thinks are bad. Everyone that complains about anything is a crybaby.

Jawmuncher

i gotta be honest guys, at first i was completely uninterested in battleborn but the more i see and hear the more its starting to grab my attention. still not buying it on launch, but I think I'll be keeping an eye on that game, its having a beta pretty soon, isn't it? At least I'll be able to play that unlike douchey Overwatch who still hasn't let me in their dumb testing >_>

The bit I played wasn't that bad. But the Online Only aspect of it has killed a chunk of my interest.

SSPssp

Its not Bad Rats, don't know what Modbot is doing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-1CE30860DDE64B5B - Taken by septicore

Amzin

Damn. Like 3 games in that monthly bundle that are on my wishlist, but I owned BOTH preview games so didn't even think about biting >.<

Rhaknar

There are no ports in existence that frost thinks are bad. Everyone that complains about anything is a crybaby.

playing devil's advocate (in this case, literally lol...sorry Frost), I think its more about for some / many people, the instant a game isnt 4k / 60fps its garbage around here, even if the port is or is not good

case in point, people dismissing Hyper Light Drifter imediatly because its locked at 30fps and the game is nothing short of amazing

i think i'll hold until the game they reveal is something i'm interested in which has been no games so far

tho on the above list of awesome games leaded by nuclear throne i don't really know any of them

so idk, i'll probably just continue to buy my games one by one since collecting is for dumbos :)

Yeah thats probably a better idea I think. I'm not all that interested in Mad Max really. The game that is.

oipic

Renowned Explorers is a good get for those who were in on the Monthly Bundle - if it had been one of the 'known' titles, I probably would've jumped on it.

Received some strong reviews, including one from Adam Smith on RPS (whose opinion on strategy games I hold in high regard).

Edit: oh, and for what it's worth, for next month, I'm strongly in the camp that thinks Mad Max is great - it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but if the formula clicks for you, there's a whole lot of game to be had for $12 or whatever.

The bit I played wasn't that bad. But the Online Only aspect of it has killed a chunk of my interest.

yea thats a huge issue, theres no reason for the single player to require online, its just bs drm, as if anyone really wants to pirate this game anyway. just use that mgs5 drm w/e its called that still hasn't been cracked as far as i know.

Rhaknar

Renowned Explorers is a good get for those who were in on the Monthly Bundle - if it had been one of the 'known' titles, I probably would've jumped on it.

Received some strong reviews, including one from Adam Smith on RPS (whose opinion on strategy games I hold in high regard).

I wonder what the financial reasons for not saying what all the games are is... I mean, CERTAINLY they would sell a lot more bundles right?

Jawmuncher

I wonder what the financial reasons for not saying what all the games are is... I mean, CERTAINLY they would sell a lot more bundles right?

Think it goes both ways. They would sell more bundle, but the devs adding their games would potentially sell less games at their own price on steam.
Since these are usually newer titles or at least stuff that hasn't had too heavy of a discount.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Think it goes both ways. They would sell more bundle, but the devs adding their games would potentially sell less games at their own price on steam.
Since these are usually newer titles or at least stuff that hasn't had too heavy of a discount.

In addition to this, if subscribers knew a month ahead of time everything that was going to be in the next month's bundle, that gives people a month to decide if they want to cancel their subscription or not.

Amzin

From a business standpoint, you want to go for better averages over time. They'd sell more on the GREAT bundles, sure, but there's been quite a few weak ones and those would sell far less (presumably). So the mystery aspect is aimed to keep a steady, reliable number of people paying regardless of how crap or not the bundle is.

Even with me owning the 2 preview games, this bundle would have been a wishlist win for me at that price, but of course I didn't know that. The past like, 4-5 bundles all would have been fails for me.

playing devil's advocate (in this case, literally lol...sorry Frost), I think its more about for some / many people, the instant a game isnt 4k / 60fps its garbage around here, even if the port is or is not good

I wouldnt say that thats not true, but in K-T case the ports are/were bad.

The best port they have is Samurai Warriors 2-2, Bladestorm and Arslan. And even they suffer from some problems. Arslan ran like shit on my 280x/i5-4570k, that could handle Rise of the Tomb Raider on high. On my 980ti it still dips into 50fps. Not to mention, that somehow the special attacks are locked at 30fps, so while you might be able to play the game at 60fps, it looks strange, when you use the special attack.

Some games like OP had broken options like One Piece. And the button prompts are using the keyboard prompts, even if you play with a 360 controller. And its missing the online mode, while they actually charge the same amount for the port.

Then some games are missing cloud saves, thats a work for 1 minute in the Steam-API. Find the save folder, copy paste the location. Done.

Vuze

Quantum Break is 1161,99$ on the CDN Windows 10 Store. Guess there is no preload and they are putting random price placeholder.
Speaking of which, the regional pricing 'loophole' has been fixed after Tomb Raider, right? QB looks promising but not 60$ promising.

Speaking of which, the regional pricing 'loophole' has been fixed after Tomb Raider, right? QB looks promising but not 60$ promising.

Afaik you can buy Xbox Live points from a cheaper region, then somehow charge your account with that and then buy the game like that.
(Not exactly but something like that, if they havent fixed it yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom