• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow incredible bundle.

Nuclear Throne (YES!)
Renowned Explorers
Nova 111
The Magic Circle
Super Avalanche
Stikbold
Tailwind

Next month's early unlock is Mad Max.

Didn't have any of this month's games, and I particularly wanted Nuclear Throne and The Magic Circle (along with This War of Mine). Great bundle for this month, and Mad Max is a fantastic incentive to let my subscription continue.

mp1990

Banned
Wait I need some clarification here. Mad Max keys are available only for those who subscribe to Humble Monthly this month or to everyone who's part of it?

It looks like the Humble Monthly leaked early:

- The Witness
- Darkest Dungeon
- Grandia II
- South Park: The Stick of Truth
- This War of Mine
- Tales from the Borderlands
- Tailwind (humble original)
- Persona Collection (humble debut)

Sorry.

You should be.

I can agree that we need a sarcasm button to attach to posts. :)

This is Frosty, i assume sarcasm.

What's sarcasm?

I don't know why I'm surprised about HM leaving the game to a locked 30 after seeing some of the other ways the company/dev function.

Oh c'mon, I'm no fps police and you won't see me bitching about 30 fps all that often, unless we are talking fast games, fast games have no place being 30 fps, especially if it's not an old port. Can we agree on that at least?

he was not being sarcastic, he hates 30 fps bitching
I think

I do hate 30fps bitching.

But saying a game is a terrible port just for being 30fps locked is a bit of a parody of a lot of the PC elitist jackmonkeys who bitch about that sort of thing. So that falls squarely under the umbrella of sarcasm.

Ozium

I already owned TWOM and REIS.. I had 3 of the other ones wishlisted tho (magic circle, nuke throne and nova 111)

dunno if I will continue. I already own mad max

Tizoc

Wait I need some clarification here. Mad Max keys are available only for those who subscribe to Humble Monthly this month or to everyone who's part of it?

If you go buy the Humble Monthly, that ft. Mad Max, right now, you'll get a Mad Max key straight away.
Just redeemed mine :)

neonglow

Besides the early unlocks and Nuclear Throne, I've never heard of the rest of these games. That's probably a good thing since I don't own them and they're all rated well.

Just paid early for the Mad Max bundle. That's like the lowest price ever for that game.

Kuroyume

Banned
Disappointed in the bundle... I thought last month's bundle was really cool with Wasteland so that's why I was tempted to finally get it for once. Coupon also helped. Anyway, Nuclear Throne IS great and I already have it so:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nuclear Throne -- MB-D9564094CC078C77 - Taken by bloke. 18 entrants total.

t1459532503z1.png

tumblr_inline_o1462xaecF1sjgkc1_500.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I forgot to say hello to this new thread. Hello new thread, I shall subscribe to you.

Nuclear Throne is a rogue-like, right? Is it comparable to something like The Binding of Isaac? I enjoyed that game a lot.

That's a fair comparison. Lot of running around, shooting, avoiding being shot, getting new weapons or tools to kill enemies with, restarting fresh. You should have a fun time with Nuclear Throne then.

Megauap

I already owned TWOM and REIS.. I had 3 of the other ones wishlisted tho (magic circle, nuke throne and nova 111)

dunno if I will continue. I already own mad max

I can buy your Mad Max and you keep the bundle. PM if you are interested.

r3n4ud

Really nice Humble monthly. Those are some quality games.

Thinking I might gamble and join next month's bundle.

Basically, you get the key when you pay for May's bundle. So new subscribers get it right away, and current subscribers get it when their auto-payment goes through (7 days before the rest of the bundle unlocks). Current subscribers can also choose to pay early to get Mad Max right away.

Humble Coupons can't be shared. afaik.

Yeah, I'm fairly sure they apply directly to your account. I never actually "received" a coupon. It's just there.

And wow, what a bundle. I'd been waiting on Nuclear Throne for a while. I'm in for Mad Max.

Seriously impressed with the HMs. I was expecting the worst out of this program and I've been wrong on a monthly basis.

MUnited83

For you.
You should be.

What's sarcasm?

I don't know why I'm surprised about HM leaving the game to a locked 30 after seeing some of the other ways the company/dev function.

I do hate 30fps bitching.

But saying a game is a terrible port just for being 30fps locked is a bit of a parody of a lot of the PC elitist jackmonkeys who bitch about that sort of thing. So that falls squarely under the umbrella of sarcasm.
to be fair, accordingly to your standards, terrible ports dont exist either.

mp1990

Banned
Got my Mad Max key, thanks guys :D

Here's something for you all. Enjoy it, amazing game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nuclear Throne -- MB-ECB116CA3394B568 - Taken by bobnowhere. 10 entrants total.

t1459533103z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
sounds like the humble monthly thing is starting to be worth it?

idk, i still don't like the idea of paying for mystery stuff

Balthuk

Sweet monthly bundle, all the games seem interesting in their own way, my first humble monthly and I'm super satisfied. More than half of them were on my wishlist already. Enjoy it folks.
--

On another note, I'm now 2-3 hours in This War of Mine and really diggin the game. God is it bleak and I'm sure the worst has yet to come. I lost a member of my team and it just broke everybody's morale, mine included. Having a bit of trouble though and I'm wondering if I should look up for some tips or not, seems a bit weird to look for the optimal way to play such a game where its mechanical difficulty is a part of the experience. I'll just look for some of the upgrade paths the stations have.
Also if you happen to have some canned beef or something I'll give you some of my moonshine.
Because to get my last meat I had to
snitch on my neighbours. God damn I feel bad, it seemed at first that I didn't actually snitch, just vaguely point at their direction.
Then my (new?) neighbors gifted me vegetables and I was half crying while shouting "NO I DON'T DESERVE THIS KINDNESS".

Ozium

um I put magic circle key in... can't find it in library, enter the key again says I already own it... check library again, can't find it... go to store page, says in library, hit play button... nothing happens doesn't install

wtf?

edit: now it is in my library and I'm installing it from there.. wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom