• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

So in case anyone had any hopes or doubts, yeah, Persona 5 PC is not happening.

LtIYa11.png

Hardin is PR Manager for Atlus/SEGA America.

It is all a amatter of time
Remember that Atlus usa/twitter also said that P5 was releasing in 2015 :V

I missed the rocket league deal and I am pissed. Steam would not add it to my cart while there were still 15 minutes left... I was gonna pay with card money + paypal and now I have to wait till the summer sale to get it. I was selling cards all weekend to be able to afford it and then steam glitched on me!

Had the same issue - it was acting up for the whole hour actually as I tried it now and then. Bundle Stars has the same deal for the next couple of days, though - I just bought it from there instead.

Parsnip

Woot.
I was actually wondering how far along were you when I saw that one ticket get closed on bugzilla.

LtIYa11.png

Kayo Police said it better than I ever could.
Honestly at this point I trust the hacker more than Hardin relating to anything dealing with P5.

Seriously though, he obviously wouldn't spill something like that to a random dude on twitter, even if he knew about other platforms.

Just gotta believe.

MUnited83

For you.

LtIYa11.png

The same way he said Persona 5 was a sure thing on 2015 :p yeah, him saying that doesn't actually really mean anything at this point.

tuxfool

Banned
Yup. That's why it has no value to me. He's also the "Persona 5 is definitely coming in West in 2015" guy. Basically, knows shit, except when he wants to.

I recall a story that Atlus treats its US representatives like shit, little more than dogs. It doesn't surprise me that those guys don't know shit, when they're essentially herded into a room at the last minute and then get told go do PR.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
all the Melty Blood screenshots on steam have the movelist on the sides of the screen, is it like that all the time?

because thats awesome if so

Nillansan

LtIYa11.png

Atlus will come around, not sure when, but I convinced that it will be in my lifetime. Is Hardin really doing PR work for Sega of America? I know that Sega acquired Atlus, but I thought that his worked revolved around Atlus' output entirely.

The same way he said Persona 5 was a sure thing on 2015 :p yeah, him saying that doesn't actually really mean anything at this point.

Considering the past behaviour of the so called Atlus USA PR (SMT4 Europe fiasco, Persona 5 2015, PC ports), I wouldn't take his words seriously as he doesn't even take his work seriously.

I recall a story that Atlus treats its US representatives like shit, little more than dogs. It doesn't surprise me that those guys don't know shit, when they're essentially herded into a room at the last minute and then get told go do PR.

Even if he knew important things, it would be a bad job as a PR to unveil things you're not supposed to :p

Atlus will come around, not sure when, but I convinced that it will be in my lifetime. Is Hardin really doing PR work for Sega of America? I know that Sega acquired Atlus, but I thought that his worked revolved around Atlus' output entirely.

That'll come down to SEGA for it to happen. Which pretty much sucks considering after selling over 800k copies of Valkyria Chronicles, and over 15k signatures of the Japanese SEGA games ports, this was SEGA's answer to such an overwhelming success. To put a number on that, that's more copies than the whole trilogy sold in Japan.

You really don't need to have played the games to enjoy Tales. I knew very little of 2 and absolutely enjoyed it.

This.

It's totally possible that there were direct references but I never missed them. They were all easily put together by context clues. Considering Jack's personality, you pick up on just who he is and why it matters any time he's ever mentioned.

That game actually gave me more of an appreciate for Borderlands than I had before. If those writers could get to work on the next Borderlands and basically rip off Destiny's best parts while ignoring its growing pains, you'd have a 10/10 game to most of current gamers, I think.

tuxfool

Banned
Even if he knew important things, it would be a bad job as a PR to unveil things you're not supposed to :p

True. But if they had the minimum of consideration from the people that run Atlus, they would have been told that it wasn't coming out in 2015, and consequently wouldn't look like fools insisting it would come.

I really wish Vanquish and Bayonetta would hurry the hell up and come to PC.

That ship has sailed long ago :")
Especially considering the fact that SEGA seems to have adopted the "one port a year" rhythm.
That thing is a fucked up lottery, or basically how a company failed to capitalize on such a big success.

At this point, the only Japanese company who got to understand that Steam is a profitable market is Bandai Namco.
Same day and date release. Port parity/Good ports. Features parity. Even for them, it took freaking long.
Konami was on the right way with MGSV, too bad it was their last console game :")

That ship has sailed long ago :")
Especially considering the fact that SEGA seems to have adopted the "one port a year" rhythm.
That thing is a fucked up lottery, or basically how a company failed to capitalize on such a big success.
The dream will never die as long as I'm here.
Sega doesn't care about PC people.

Just play Sonic 4 on Steam and show them that they're wrong about having that attitude
See the weird thing is, workshop support for ROMs is extremely PC centric. Sega is just bad at everything.

zkylon

zkylewd
The world connectivity was more important in Dark Souls when you didn't have warping to go wherever you wanted.

I personally loved finding shortcuts that tie back to the home base and different available paths at any given time. Getting rekt in Place A? Ok fine, go ahead and take Path B or C and come back later.

The warping in 2 and 3.....eh. It's easier to get around, but I feel less connected to the world and really don't know how each area is connected once progressing zones.

That being said, the inter-zone design in 3 is reallllly top notch.

dks3 actually does a pretty good job of putting you in elevated places from which you can see how everything connects, it's just that the way you navigate these levels is super linear so you don't feel like a big sprawling world like you did in 1

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
From was at the top of their art-design game, this is the prettiest souls game yet! The enemies and locations are very memorable IMO.

Well it was made for new systems where artistically they could do more so IMO it was to be expected.

Nillansan

That'll come down to SEGA for it to happen. Which pretty much sucks considering after selling over 800k copies of Valkyria Chronicles, and over 15k signatures of the Japanese SEGA games ports, this was SEGA's answer to such an overwhelming success. To put a number on that, that's more copies than the whole trilogy sold in Japan.

It was incredibly underwhelming to see that they decided to port Sonic Lost World after pushing so hard for other significantly more interesting titles in their back catalog (I actually put a ton effort into promoting the #SegaPCPorts campaign), but I am still hopeful. They brought us Valkyria Chronicles, which I and many others thought was the least likely of the bunch to make it over and you've got to admit that implementing rom-hacking capabilities for the SEGA Genesis and Mega Drive Classics is damn cool.

It was incredibly underwhelming to see that they decided to port Sonic Lost World after pushing so hard for other significantly more interesting titles in their back catalog (I actually put a ton effort into promoting the #SegaPCPorts campaign), but I am still hopeful. They brought us Valkyria Chronicles, which I and many others thought was the least likely of the bunch to make it over and you've got to admit that implementing rom-hacking capabilities for the SEGA Genesis and Mega Drive Classics is damn cool.

The thing is that people thought that showing Sega, that an old, anime game like VC could convince Sega to put out more of similar games on PC. Yakuza, Resonance of Fate. Such things. Not Sonic.

And now they announced a new "VC" after VC sold shittons on PC and its still console exclusive (yet).

Sure, it is cool, but it's just a neat feature. :p
It's not like a game or anything. The problem isn't only that after VC, they decided to port Sonic Lost World, it's that they seem to have adopted a pattern for ports, which is one port a year, which is the best way to lose momentum.

Sure, it is cool, but it's just a neat feature. :p
It's not like a game or anything. The problem isn't only that after VC, they decided to port Sonic Lost World, it's that they seem to have adopted a pattern for ports, which is one port a year, which is the best way to lose momentum.

Be excited for Sonic Boom next!

Tizoc

Wonder what ghostlight's next release will be....
That wouldn't surprise me to be honest. It's even more funny that Valkyria Chronicles happened by accident and wasn't related to the petition.

Sonic Boom Wii U on Steam would give me one less reason to get a Wii U :v

Like Square-enix, Sega-Atlus is one of those pairings that has become considerably less interesting than it sounds as time passes onward.

Seeing as how Atlus's relationship with Nippon Ichi has dissolved, the chances of anymore Atlus-published games are fading fast. It's a damn shame.

zkylon

zkylewd
I really wish Vanquish and Bayonetta would hurry the hell up and come to PC.
i really wish so too

i'm guessing there's some weird exclusive deals going on that mean sega can't just release them on pc?

can't imagine those games being super hard to port to pc considering they were 360 titles also

madjoki

I missed the rocket league deal and I am pissed. Steam would not add it to my cart while there were still 15 minutes left... I was gonna pay with card money + paypal and now I have to wait till the summer sale to get it. I was selling cards all weekend to be able to afford it and then steam glitched on me!

Had the same issue - it was acting up for the whole hour actually as I tried it now and then. Bundle Stars has the same deal for the next couple of days, though - I just bought it from there instead.

Tip for future: You can save cart for up to 72 hours by starting check out & closing tab in payment processor (eg. Paypal). Then you can automatically restore it to cart with discounts from helpdesk.

Wonder what ghostlight's next release will be....

Sonic Boom Wii U on Steam would give me one less reason to get a Wii U :v

Sonic Boom not being on Steam should rather give you one less reason to get Sonic Boom :v

i really wish so too

i'm guessing there's some weird exclusive deals going on that mean sega can't just release them on pc?

can't imagine those games being super hard to port to pc considering they were 360 titles also

Nothing other than SEGA being clueless. Also let's remember:
840937099quxo.jpg

i really wish so too

I'm not sure, as Bayonetta is on everything but PC and Vanquish was also multiplatform.

Sega completely owns the IPs afaik but maybe it's a show of respect to Platinum since Platinum didn't want any other studios to port their games.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm not sure, as Bayonetta is on everything but PC and Vanquish was also multiplatform.

Sega completely owns the IPs afaik but maybe it's a show of respect to Platinum since Platinum didn't want any other studios to port their games.
it's a strange thing cos you'd think that
1) 360 games are easy to port to pc
2) cult games that are all but guaranteed to sell well on pc
3) bayo was already ported to wii u so if any exclusivity deals exist they might be negotiable/might have like clauses to buy out porting rights or something?
4) sega has been doing pretty good supporting pc and porting games that didn't do great on console (like binary domain)

so idk, it's a mystery, i tend not to assume people are lazy or incompetent, so to me the most understandable reason is there's some really weird contract stuff going on

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dark Sector surprisingly aged well. Just needed to fix the UI crap by adding a line to the config for it to work proper in 1080p
02dd90e094.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dark Sector surprisingly aged well. Just needed to fix the UI crap by adding a line to the config for it to work proper in 1080p
02dd90e094.gif

I dont think it held up at all, I played it last year on PC after loving the 360 version and yeesh :(

anyway just killed the second Acolyte, how far from the end am I? im mostly just mainlining now, not really backtracking for items because I dont really remember where shit was, and I feel like I have enough health and magic as it is

edit: and I still have the dlc to do aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom