• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some new Screenshots from the Virtual Reality Visual Novel:

CfDl4k0WQAIjtgZ.jpg:large

CgK6pbTXEAA6E8U.jpg:large

CfDjemcWwAIH7bJ.jpg:large

yuusss

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
a fucking Booster Gold gif

you're alright Salsa

Booster Gold is the worst superhero name ever

zkylon

zkylewd
1) 360 games are easy to port to pc

not necessarily. they're easier than, lets say a PS3 game which they've already done, but it's not some baby port job either depending on the title and engine associated with it.

2) cult games that are all but guaranteed to sell well on pc

eh, plenty of cult games have just done okay on PC. It's one of those things where it can either do 20-30k or 500k easily. The swings can be that hard

3) bayo was already ported to wii u so if any exclusivity deals exist they might be negotiable/might have like clauses to buy out porting rights or something?

we don't know the exact terms with Bayo after the Bayo 2 deal. They might have an agreement with Nintendo to keep it off other platforms for a period of time. So, Bayo 1 showing up on the Wii U might actually have been a bad thing as it might have confirmed some exclusivity for the franchise for a while.

4) sega has been doing pretty good supporting pc and porting games that didn't do great on console (like binary domain)

But they've been really bad at following through with new announcements. Remember, VC came out in 2014 and only thing they've announced since has been Sonic's Lost Worldo and modded genesis rom support.

So meh to them until they give a reason to not meh
i mean, i was just being broad strokes about it (and some points you just went a bit crazy lol, i didn't say all cult games do great, i said these are cult games that are gonna do great)

i tend to think there's a reason why companies act in one way or another, even if it doesn't make complete sense to me as a person

Mafia 3 is 30$ on Nuuvem but it is region locked :( I guess it is good news for zky, Salsa and rest of the SA SteamGAF :D

http://www.nuuvem.com/item/mafia-iii
yeah i considered it but i just bought overwatch today so i'm capped off expensive games for a bit

zkylon

zkylewd
speaking of, it's awesome that the invoice email you get from blizz when you preorder overwatch is like, spoken by tracer

JraEY1E.png

wish rito had like a hundred different invoice templates with each champion's voice for when you buy rp lol

There is still time until October and they will probably delay game at lest once :D
it's also not like i'm DYING to play freaking mafia 3 :p

mp1990

Banned
brazil-gaf maybe. I think Nuuvem is cranking out brazil-only keys for a lot of stuff now and we're from argentina and uruguay respectively

It's just 15 BRL bucks below the Steam price, so it doesn't make a huge difference for those who live in Brazil. Still, a discount is a discount, so nice for those who're interested I guess.

iosefe

speaking of, it's awesome that the invoice email you get from blizz when you preorder overwatch is like, spoken by tracer

JraEY1E.png

wish rito had like a hundred different invoice templates with each champion's voice for when you buy rp lol

i don't follow overwatch much, but i hear her voice

i think i have a thing for aussie/new zealand/psuedo-aussie/new zealand women

Uzzy

JraEY1E.png

I listened to Tracer's voice lines, and after my ears stopped bleeding, I ended up rather puzzled as to what exactly her accent is meant to be. It sounds like some bizarre mix of Cockney and Australian, but ending up being something no British person has ever sounded like in the history of the world.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I listened to Tracer's voice lines, and after my ears stopped bleeding, I ended up rather puzzled as to what exactly her accent is meant to be. It sounds like some bizarre mix of Cockney and Australian, but ending up being something no British person has ever sounded like in the history of the world.

what are you talking about? Its the exact same accent that DrDogg has.

where is DrDogg anyway, havent seen him in ages

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It looks like Bitcoin payments (via Coinbase) are live on Steam now

Tip for future: You can save cart for up to 72 hours by starting check out & closing tab in payment processor (eg. Paypal). Then you can automatically restore it to cart with discounts from helpdesk.

I'll remember this for the future! This time, though, it wasn't even getting that far. At least I got Rocket League elsewhere - I'm sure that cheap copy of the recent Agatha Christie game will get even cheaper soon enough too.

Parsnip

A little late on this, but European Sega is the best Sega as we all know.

Ucchedavāda;201868959 said:
So I just started playing Scholar of the First Sin and why is everyone killing themselves?

I've only ventured a little bit past Majula, but so far every place is littered in bloodstains from people throwing themselves off cliff-sides and the like, including whole groups of people. It's getting to the point where I'm considering playing offline just so that I can walk 5 feet without stumbling over a suicide.

That never happens.

Got an invite for Paragon weekend beta event. But I won't be at home on the upcoming weekend. /otl
Fortunately, they're going to open more beta events in the future.

Rhaknar

Seriously what happened to Doogie? Did the chav mafia get to him?

tuxfool

Banned

I find that creepy. Like the cash machines in the US. Their receipts are all written out in first person.

Like "I gave you 30$".

Got an invite for Paragon weekend beta event. But I won't be at home on the upcoming weekend. /otl
Fortunately, they're going to open more beta events in the future.

Why would you want to play a moba?

Why would you want to play a moba?

Yeah, I've never played a moba since like 2014 or so. But well, it's a third person moba so it's gonna be refreshing for me. I'm only planning to play it occasionally between my main game though. Not gonna play it as my main. Impressions from the early tester on the early acces thread are great so far.

Wonder how long Mafia III stays £34.99 on steam? Not a bad price

You should consider buying it now if you think it's a good deal and the price might change. 2K increased the price of the game significantly in my country a day after the pre-order went live. There's no downside to pre-ordering now because you can always get a full refund if you change your mind about the game later.

Salsa

Mafia III looks insanely good btw and I would have pre-purchased at that price if it wasnt that I dont think i'd even reach 30fps on it on a 2 gig 680

Rhaknar

Xseed tweeted that Corpse Party had a "great first day" whatever that means

Tenrius

It's a nice game, I didn't finish it because I needed to wipe-out my hdd due to a windows installation error and I forgot to back-up the saves, it's a very bland Tomb-Raiderish game, with less puzzles and more action. It's ok, nothing great or spectacular, but funny if you lke the character.

Just played it for a while and it was pretty nice! And the PC version is super smooth, too, with decent controls (I was afraid it wasn't going to work well). I'm a big Indiana Jones fan, so it worked well for me.

Volimar

My one real problem with Rocket League is the AI. Your own team mates will drive the ball halfway down the court the wrong way and put it in the goal for the other team...

Soulflarz

Banned
During the free weekend I thought that playing a season would be good practice.

season mode is terrible for learning
stuff that doesn't work works on them
builds bad habits, etc

Same logic for once you get to high level- don't play with a brand new teammate consistently, you'll build terrible habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom