• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's a strange thing cos you'd think that
1) 360 games are easy to port to pc
2) cult games that are all but guaranteed to sell well on pc
3) bayo was already ported to wii u so if any exclusivity deals exist they might be negotiable/might have like clauses to buy out porting rights or something?
4) sega has been doing pretty good supporting pc and porting games that didn't do great on console (like binary domain)

so idk, it's a mystery, i tend not to assume people are lazy or incompetent, so to me the most understandable reason is there's some really weird contract stuff going on
Normally I'd not call someone incompetent either but this is Sega we're talking about.

it's a strange thing cos you'd think that
3) bayo was already ported to wii u so if any exclusivity deals exist they might be negotiable/might have like clauses to buy out porting rights or something?
4) sega has been doing pretty good supporting pc and porting games that didn't do great on console (like binary domain)

so idk, it's a mystery, i tend not to assume people are lazy or incompetent, so to me the most understandable reason is there's some really weird contract stuff going on

not necessarily. they're easier than, lets say a PS3 game which they've already done, but it's not some baby port job either depending on the title and engine associated with it.

eh, plenty of cult games have just done okay on PC. It's one of those things where it can either do 20-30k or 500k easily. The swings can be that hard

we don't know the exact terms with Bayo after the Bayo 2 deal. They might have an agreement with Nintendo to keep it off other platforms for a period of time. So, Bayo 1 showing up on the Wii U might actually have been a bad thing as it might have confirmed some exclusivity for the franchise for a while.

But they've been really bad at following through with new announcements. Remember, VC came out in 2014 and only thing they've announced since has been Sonic's Lost Worldo and modded genesis rom support.

So meh to them until they give a reason to not meh

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Zobek: "this next foe is the most powerful yet. he is a master of possession and mind control... so take my lackey with you, he wont be possessed or mind controlled and turn on you at all, really. Trust me"

edit: neat

TyPsKKN.jpg

not necessarily. they're easier than, lets say a PS3 game which they've already done, but it's not some baby port job either depending on the title and engine associated with it.

eh, plenty of cult games have just done okay on PC. It's one of those things where it can either do 20-30k or 500k easily. The swings can be that hard

we don't know the exact terms with Bayo after the Bayo 2 deal. They might have an agreement with Nintendo to keep it off other platforms for a period of time. So, Bayo 1 showing up on the Wii U might actually have been a bad thing as it might have confirmed some exclusivity for the franchise for a while.

But they've been really bad at following through with new announcements. Remember, VC came out in 2014 and only thing they've announced since has been Sonic's Lost Worldo and modded genesis rom support.

So meh to them until they give a reason to not meh

It's also about production values. Frankly, I'm doubtful Vanquished, Bayonetta, Yakuza or Resonance of Fate would do sub 50k numbers at 29 dollars. So at 19 dollars... It's nearly impossible.

Some games are cult but niche, rather old, or with lower production values. The games from the petition were nearly all AAA. The higher the production value is, the bigger are the sales. Let me take an exemple with Final Fantasy:
FFIX sold more than 115k on Steam, and not even after a week of release, for 17 bucks with the discount included. FFVI, which is more cult, sold like 50k, after some discounts. Why ? Production values.

Basically, it's a mix of quality/reception + production values.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
*starts downloading Dark Sector*

I remember enjoying it quite a bit back then on PS3 but I think I never finished it.
The normal weapons suck to use but the glaive man, that glaive. I wish more games used mechanics like that and the bullet control in Jericho. The kills feel so satisfying and more when you kill multiple targets with 1 throw/bullet. I can sometimes be easy to pleased.
I dont think it held up at all, I played it last year on PC after loving the 360 version and yeesh :(
Stop
ba6043035f.gif

Go to bed now.
236531ce55.gif

EDIT: As for Lords of Shadows I dont remember much cause I finished it the week it came out and didnt replay it. I may retouch it after Dark Sector.

iosefe

i remember playing Warframe for a bit then discovering that Dark Sector was a thing.

i've wanted it ever since, but never cared enough to get it. someday though

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I could really use with having Symphony of the Night on steam, thats one of those games I would replay every few years

edit: 3d Alucard looks pretty cool, the DLC is hopefully fun

Jawmuncher

These guys made that other dino game Orion Prelude that was perpetually 90% off until they just made the base price a dollar. This is already a dollar too. Is this any good? The footage of Prelude I've seen looked kind of bad.

It's still a bit rough right now, but a dollar is fair. Apparently it's going to be staying a dollar, so might as well wait as they offer more updates.

I could really use with having Symphony of the Night on steam, thats one of those games I would replay every few years

played through it the first time ever and finished it this weekend. I liked it but i was tired of that game by the time I unlocked the inverted castle. Didn't bother with it at all.

Really sucks that the true ending requires a whole 'nother playthrough. I deleted the game out of annoyance

Rhaknar

played through it the first time ever and finished it this weekend. I liked it but i was tired of that game by the time I unlocked the inverted castle. Didn't bother with it at all.

Really sucks that the true ending requires a whole 'nother playthrough. I deleted the game out of annoyance

I never did the inverted castle heh. I actually only played it once on playstation, maybe I didnt even finish it since I didnt even know about the inverted castle until a few years ago? or was that not automatically unlocked when you finished the game?

I never did the inverted castle heh. I actually only played it once on playstation, maybe I didnt even finish it since I didnt even know about the inverted castle until a few years ago? or was that not automatically unlocked when you finished the game?

naw, you need to find two rings in the castle (one of them in the catacombs that i totally missed how to get into the first time i got the "bad" ending) and then use the two rings to find maria in a weird place in the middle of the castle and she thinks you're right about Richter's douchey-ness being a curse and gives you a pair of spiritual glasses to wear so that when you face off with him later you see that he's actually possessed by the ghost of shaft and then the game just...keeps on going like you didn't just beat it. Like no credits, keep going now redo the whole game but oops its upside down!

Huh? It's impossible to save after the point of no return (
Richter fight
), so just load your last save, grab the item(s) you're missing, and unlock the rest of the game.

No, the reason I stopped was out of annoyance, not because I couldn't access it.

It's still a bit rough right now, but a dollar is fair. Apparently it's going to be staying a dollar, so might as well wait as they offer more updates.

smh at this team. it went from top down shooter to persistent open world. Early Access in action. i was close to buying it when it launched too when they had the promotion

No, the reason I stopped was out of annoyance, not because I couldn't access it.

Okay? *scratches head*

By the time you unlock the Inverted Castle, you have all of the traversal powers and know the layout, so getting around is quick and easy. Plus you're missing out on all of the new enemies, bosses, equipment and..

I mean, I've read some stuff on the Internet, but this is some stuff.

rtcn63

Inverted castle is not fun to traverse at all. I actually liked the GBA/DS games better.

ArjanN

Yeah but what you missed is that the inverted castle is not "another playthrough" but actually just the second half of the game. It has different enemies and bosses, and the game is designed so that the map layout also works quite well upside-down.

So I just started playing Scholar of the First Sin and why is everyone killing themselves?

I've only ventured a little bit past Majula, but so far every place is littered in bloodstains from people throwing themselves off cliff-sides and the like, including whole groups of people. It's getting to the point where I'm considering playing offline just so that I can walk 5 feet without stumbling over a suicide.

JMTHEFOX

PSA: The Steam version of Arcade Game Series has no fullscreen options and broken controller suppport! Buy the console versions or wait for a patch!

dex3108

There was that HB price error on Mafia 3 a while back for $30. If you're really interested in it, maybe you can ask around for someone who got it and are no longer interested in it.

There is still time until release who knows what could happen :D Maybe AMD or Nvidia will do promo with 2K who knows :D

Soulflarz

Banned
Rocket League is a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the free weekend and hope it gets a deep discount in the summer sale...

It wont

it's like everyone waiting for undertale to hit $2.50

You're going to be waiting a long time

I expect RL to finally hit $10, that's about it. It wouldn't surprise me if a psn discount was steeper on the basis everyone and their sister owns it on PSN, but probably not on pc.

Rocket League is a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the free weekend and hope it gets a deep discount in the summer sale...

Summer sale 2026 maybe. Rocket League is selling like hot cakes and it isn't stopping anytime soon.

If you really enjoy it then why not buy it at 40%-50%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom