• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Sega is doing with the emulator is great but it still has a few issues.

The new Hud runs terrible for me and it doesn't work well with the Xbox One controller on Windows 10. Hope they fix it soon.

Ozium exists to be taken seriously.
Naruto storm 4 got the best moments in its campaign, although the cutscenes being anime stills suck.

Storm 3 doesn't look as awesome but also doesn't have those residentsleeper cutscenes.

Revolution is more of a mp centric game.
Good to know, thanks.

I've seen footage of NS4's bosses and they're downright spectacular. I think that's the one for me... but maybe I'll wait for a steeper discount on it, still.

:(

Parsnip

Regarding that Mega Drive / Genesis workshop, do we know if there are any consequences for your account for uploading straight up commercial roms and such?

well just do a different trailer for that

it's like it's explaining every single mechanic but also like a whole first act worth's of story, it's insanity lol

i mean, it's not really a showcase

it's adam jensen reading a feature list

not very exciting if u ask mee
What are you even talking about?

zkylon

zkylewd
well, nevermind my earlier dks3 rant, my brother asked me where i was and i showed him the boss i was stuck in and i told him "i'll just try him once and die cos i don't really have the energy to fight him for reals". 5 tries later, mr. n
ameless king
is dead

wasn't actually that hard, upgrading the shield helped a lot and it just took a lot more patience than the rest since most of his combos didn't leave me a window for attacking or just left me staminaless from blocking. it wasn't the prettiest victory but it worked and it was pretty satisfying

so now i'm gonna tie loose ends and get into the final area

i wonder if you can still play a bit after killing the final boss like in dks2 or if it's like dks1

i hope it's like in 2, that was nice

Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord gameplay stuff

The character creation stuff is pretty cool. Watch Kylo Ren murder half a dozen looters in the first ten minutes.
looked really good, i like all they're saying and i'm glad it's still a janky ass eurojank game lol. wouldn't be the same without it, the eurojank is a key part of the charm and it'd be a shame if that were gone

- being able to have fights play out even if you get ko is pretty nice since the mod implementation of that was kind of megajanky
- upgrade system looks ridiculous, so unnecessarily comprehensive in a way only mount & blade can do haha. i like it, seems fun
- ui seems better, but still not great. hope it's more moddeable this time
- i love the idea of generals having personalities that determine how htey command their armies
- i wshi wish controlling your army looked a lot better tho, you should really have like a commands wheel or something :T
- warring families in one kingdom sounds great, most i want out of mount & blade 2 is more politics and diplomacy and stuff, more intricate emergent npc relationships and all of that.
- and it's supporting mods so again, awesome

all of it sounds great, release date is fuzzy but hopefully 2016 at least in early access

day 1ing it for sure

What are you even talking about?
i don't know what you mean :T

like, a friend comes and says to me that the dxhr2 trailer is hilariously bad, i watch it and it is in fact an endless and super boring narration of game features and story with like 10s clips of pretty much every feature in the game. it's surprising they don't show like the sound options or something lol

this would've been a great two separate trailers, a story trailer and a gameplay trailer but instead it's just a super goofy mess of a thing that tries to cover everything and barely scratches the surface of anything

That looks really nice! Has the release date been announced?
in the end of the video they mention they want to release it in some capacity in 2016. so i'm guessing early access this year, full release next year? maybe?

Tizoc

What is the cheapest way to get all the classic sega games? I can skip on the sonic titles
Would getting the separate bundles be cheaper for example?

gtQGOIz.gif

I don't know how to straighten my nose

My eyes sucks and I cannot manage anything more then a blank stare or sometimes an empty stare

Sucks man.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sorry inshouldve been more specific
It seemed that getting the separate bundles are cheaper

The five packs each contain 10 titles and the games themselves aren't on sale, so if you were to pick up said bundles, you'd still be short nine games and would have to buy them at full price. The Mega Drive and Genesis Classics sub, on the other hand, includes everything.

Opened this pack in Hearthstone

That's a pretty amazing pack you opened. I have a friend who instantly blew 3200 dust to craft that card. We were playing for fun and managed to build up Yogg-Saron to cast 24 random spells. Absolute hilarity.

I'm holding off on opening my 50 pre-order packs because I think Amazon customer support screwed me by refunding the transaction.

The five packs each contain 10 titles and the games themselves aren't on sale, so if you were to pick up said bundles, you'd still be short nine games and would have to buy them at full price. The Mega Drive and Genesis Classics sub, on the other hand, includes everything.

Well, damn, I'm missing those 9 games. Which are at full price. And it would cost more to buy them individually than to just pick up the entire sub while it's discounted. Devs and publishers really need to get on board with the new bundle system :(

Was a good week for gaming for me. Finished Fire Emblem Awakening the other day and I have just the final boss left in Dark Souls 3. I'm honestly not ready for the game to end. My only regret is that I fucked up pretty much every quest line and virtually all NPCs in my game are dead. But what a game it turned out to be. Definitely a strong early contender for GOTY.

Saty

Way too many mid-match quitting in Rocket League. It's a miracle i end a match with the same 2 human players i began with. There really should do something against it. There doesn't seem to be any punishment for quitters.

Was down 1-5 and won it 6-5 in overtime. They should give bonus points for making a comeback win or closing a deficient and a bigger bonus for players who stick to the end even if they are down 2-3+ plus goals mid-match.

Way too many mid-match quitting in Rocket League. It's a miracle i end a match with the same 2 human players i began with. There really should do something against it. There doesn't seem to be any punishment for quitters.

Was down 1-5 and won it 6-5 in overtime. They should give bonus points for making a comeback win or closing a deficient and a bigger bonus for players who stick to the end even if they are down 2-3+ plus goals mid-match.

Play with people you know, I usually play with gaffers so I don't have to face teammates quitting.

Sarcasm

For the big Big Pharma players I don't understand something.

So I started a game (after finishing the tutorials) and paused game and looked at cures.

Choose one and got the base cure going. Now next cure says it needs like 9 more of the blue vial things, but the picture says upgrade with an ioniser which decreases....

Why?

Ozium

It's a Bethesda game, so zero.

Has Beth ever bundled anything like that?

Well I see that there was some "GET LOADED" bundle featuring 11 bethesda games, including dishonored and new vegas
:/

what if there's a humble bethesda bundle on tuesday

featuring wolf tno, the old blood, dishonored, all the dishonored DLC, fallout 4 and a coupon for 25% off the fallout 4 season pass

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Honestly if you're that fussed about it just wait $7.20 is a great value for that game already if you don't feel like it's worth that then wait it out.

Jawmuncher

I didn't know that Alex's story mode in SFV was so bad. It's about as lazy as you can get. Also guile's wasn't very special either, aside from having Juri in it.

Lain

I wonder if the itch.io bundles on groupees would give Steam keys in case those itch.io games end on Steam.
Curiosity sparked from a new itch.io bundle preorder almost ending.

I wonder if the itch.io bundles on groupees would give Steam keys in case those itch.io games end on Steam.

I've gotten a few steam keys from the individual itch.io game pages over time. But unless they are advertising steam keys I wouldn't rely on it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Another fun fact: In level 6 if you get the Right-Right-Left-Left-Left pattern, you can do Right-Hold Right if you have no faith in your taps. The initial timing is trickier, though.
I did this once, was very confused how I survived, and then died to the next obstacle in the meantime. I never did figure out how to repeat this, or maybe I just never bothered trying cos I'd always rrlll that.

where I mess up most is when you have to just keep clicking a direction forever, I mess that up on mouse.
This is what killed me 9 out of 10 times. It even killed me on the aftergame part.

MadGear

I didn't know that Alex's story mode in SFV was so bad. It's about as lazy as you can get. Also guile's wasn't very special either, aside from having Juri in it.

Yes Alex's is easily the worst so far but then again, none of these character stories live up to their potential. Instead of properly introducing a characters story they simply made up a lazy excuse for characters in the current roster to fight each other in a very unmotivated single round with braindead AI opponents. Even though I really dislike Bengus art for this mode I would have preferred this with just artwork and no gameplay, but focused on the actual story of each character.
But hey, I learned the meaning of muscle spirit.

MUnited83

For you.

Seems like the ones in this bundle that are on greenlight right now will indeed provide steam keys when greenlit.

Jawmuncher

Yes Alex's is easily the worst so far but then again, none of these character stories live up to their potential. Instead of properly introducing a characters story they simply made up a lazy excuse for characters in the current roster to fight each other in a very unmotivated single round with braindead AI opponents. Even though I really dislike Bengus art for this mode I would have preferred this with just artwork and no gameplay, but focused on the actual story of each character.
But hey, I learned the meaning of muscle spirit.

Really hope they can make amends with the cinematic story mode in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom