• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best Naruto ULTIMATE Ninja game on Steam?

Warning: I think I asked this same question months ago.
tumblr_loq5o7RD4N1qzl8s1o1_400.gif

Accurate.

Lomax

That was like one of the longest running legitimate price mistakes on Steam ever. It took them almost 9 hours to fix!

Only other one I remember being anywhere near that long was when the old Tomb Raider games were 91% off for like half a day during one of the major sales.

That was like one of the longest running legitimate price mistakes on Steam ever. It took them almost 9 hours to fix!

They probably realized they were selling a lot and realized they should pull the plug before they really lose money.

Also I won somedudeinahat's raffle. I have to get home from work to redeem it.

I heard you like souls games. BattleSouls Beta Key

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BattleSouls Beta -- MB-D6853847DB005D85 - Taken by zkylon. 1 entrants total.

t1461901175z1.png

Finally, browsing through 'new recently' section on Fallout 4 nexus is such a joy once more.

I'll be downloading gigabytes of mods before I know it.

Erheller

fun fact when you get the "swirl" in level 6 where you have to hold left or right

you can hold the other direction against the first wall, you'll go through the wall the frame you'd collide, so you can recover the other way in time.

Another fun fact: In level 6 if you get the Right-Right-Left-Left-Left pattern, you can do Right-Hold Right if you have no faith in your taps. The initial timing is trickier, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This weekend I return to Final Fantasy XIII.

You cant stop me.

Soulflarz

Banned
Another fun fact: In level 6 if you get the Right-Right-Left-Left-Left pattern, you can do Right-Hold Right if you have no faith in your taps. The initial timing is trickier, though.

YEP
I have faith in my right right left left left though
figured that out on an f up when I lived and went "How am I alive?"

where I mess up most is when you have to just keep clicking a direction forever, I mess that up on mouse.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm not sure if it's a fault of the game or if it's just me being a bit tired of the series, but i don't think i'll do ng+ immediately after. still got a few bosses to go but i've been thinking of just doing summons for the archdragon peak boss since each retry takes so long

i'll take today off as a break and see where i'm at tomorrow, it's such a weird feeling cos i never thought i would be like "enough dark souls pls". maybe it's cos dark souls 3 even if it's an alright entry in the series it didn't really live up to my expectations in some key ways

i'll day 1 whatever from does next cos they've earned themselves that, but i really want them to do something markedly new. and it makes me rethink if i'm still interested in games like eitr too

today's weird

i'm just gonna buy disgaea for the time being and think about going back to stardew valley after i'm done with ng. most likely i'll forget about this and end up doing ng+ anyways

i'm weird

rtcn63

Play Bloodborne (again?). The areas are small and everything is dark and chromatic, but you can pretend your Renji and scream ZABIMAAARU.

zkylon

zkylewd
i haven't played bloodborne cos i don't have a ps4 :<

should save for one but i'm considering buying an i7 and ram and a new mobo and a new computer case and all of that is gonna be really expensive

considering i'm not gonna go on vacations this year i'll spend my savings on this stuff i guessss

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Played some Clash Royale. Went 3-1 in realsies matches after the tutorials and its easy to see the appeal, but then my queue is full of chests I cant open for hours and I totally lost my drive. Still good for a few matches while bored at work I guess

zkylon

zkylewd
it seems so much happier!
happy but angry

it represents the duality within me

I currently have following in cart:
Chantelise
planetarian
CLANNAD
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
eden

Anything I should add/drop?
if u don't have it get recettear. super fun dungeon crawler/business management rpg from the ppl that made chantelise with a fun story and fun characters and fun store management stuff. it's just a fun fun fun game

analogue: a hate story and hate plus are visual novel esque games that are amazing. great story and a great sense of mystery and discovery since u get to read the story in the order you want (with big limitations but still) and wit ha lot of dialogue and choices to make. i love it cos i find visual novels super boring and this one is really compelling cos the story is so good and captivating and cos it's so involved

also i'm a fan of mitsurugi kamui hime. it's not a great game but it's fun to kyaa kyaa a bit and like mindlessly kill bad ai with a surprisingly deep moveset that far exceeds whatever the game demands of you. it's a time waster but it's super cheap

that all i got

zkylon

zkylewd
finally got reminded to watch the dxhr2 trailer

game looks awesome but that's gotta be one of the worst trailers of all time lol

it's like, i get it, adam jenses has a cool super serious voice and his narration makes the trailer awesome but did he really have to narrate about how he modified his gun and how he can take alternate routes in every level? and it freaking lasts forever, it's like they explain every single mechanic in the game and half the story and omg it never ends

it's like three different trailers stitched into one and just adam jensen monotonously narrating everything that happens lol

game looks awesome but that's gotta be one of the worst trailers of all time lol

it's like, i get it, adam jenses has a cool super serious voice and his narration makes the trailer awesome but did he really have to narrate about how he modified his gun and how he can take alternate routes in every level? and it freaking lasts forever, it's like they explain every single mechanic in the game and half the story and omg it never ends

it's like three different trailers stitched into one and just adam jensen monotonously narrating everything that happens lol
I disagree, it's like that Witcher 3 trailer a while back, the trailer is explaining the strong suit of the game, which is non-linear solutions to quests with different play styles. Mechanics are pretty important since this is a game that people will play multiple times do different runs.

Tellaerin

I think it's more for the people who haven't played a DX game before, since they're showing off things like how you can tackle areas in different ways and the dialogue with NPCs will change depending on whether you decide to go stealth or straight up run-and-gun. Stuff you kind of expect as a DX fan, but would probably be a big deal to someone encountering the series for the first time.

I think it's more for the people who haven't played a DX game before, since they're showing off things like how you can tackle areas in different ways and the dialogue with NPCs will change depending on whether you decide to go stealth or straight up run-and-gun. Stuff you kind of expect as a DX fan, but would probably be a big deal to someone encountering the series for the first time.
I think even the DX veterans would prefer mechanics showcase over cinematic trailers that have no gameplay.

zkylon

zkylewd
I disagree, it's like that Witcher 3 trailer a while back, the trailer is explaining the strong suit of the game, which is non-linear solutions to quests with different play styles. Mechanics are pretty important since this is a game that people will play multiple times do different runs.
well just do a different trailer for that

it's like it's explaining every single mechanic but also like a whole first act worth's of story, it's insanity lol

i think it's an overwhelming amount of information that's explained in a really superficial way and it's just a very boring way to make a video

i think there's a place for an awesome video of a situation solved in 3 different ways. i'm sure some other game if not dxhr1 itself did that, but this is just not great

also i love how they very quickly talk about 50 FREAKING MILLION DEAD like it's nothing. and then it's like a couple hundred thousand injured? wth? the trailer may be bad but the game looked like a proper follow up but when there's really absurd talk like that it gets kind of scary lol

I think even the DX veterans would prefer mechanics showcase over cinematic trailers that have no gameplay.
i mean, it's not really a showcase

it's adam jensen reading a feature list

not very exciting if u ask mee

I have a sinking feeling that Deus Ex is going to be completely broken on PC, at least at launch.

I feel it.

Oh pls no.
SE published games in the past are usually great. But yeah, their recent games are kinda messed up. It seems JC3 is still somewhat broken, but Hitman issues were generally revolved around connections. Rise was pretty good, though. So there's hoping.

We'll never get Kamen Rider games on steam huh

Gundam games should come first before that.

Hektor

What is the best Naruto ULTIMATE Ninja game on Steam?

Warning: I think I asked this same question months ago.

Accurate.

Naruto storm 4 got the best moments in its campaign, although the cutscenes being anime stills suck.

Storm 3 doesn't look as awesome but also doesn't have those residentsleeper cutscenes.

Revolution is more of a mp centric game.

Teeth

Oh pls no.
SE published games in the past are usually great. But yeah, their recent games are kinda messed up. It seems JC3 is still somewhat broken, but Hitman issues were generally revolved around connections. Rise was pretty good, though. So there's hoping.

Trust me, it's the last thing I want, but I had the same feeling about about Arkham Knight, and look how that turned out.

Actually, my feeling on AK was based off of how busted the DX11 versions of the previous Arkham games were and knowing that there wasn't going to be a DX9 version of AK and that they were using the same engine...it just was too telling.

The only thing I have going off in my head for DE4 is that they've delayed it a ton. Do we know who is doing the PC port? Is it Nixxes again?

EDIT - oh, if it's Nixxes, i retract my earlier statement. At worst, it'll probably be like the ROTTR PC version - just stiff as hell on the requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom