• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
You know how we thought poise was 'weird' in ds3?

It's literally flipped off. It is not used in calculations when a player takes a hit.
1,000,000 poise modded onto your character has no difference from 5 poise.

Aka heavy armor is shit in ds3 vs the others because you can't live longer because stuff stuns you the same! The main advantage of havel's armor in DS was the fact that while you lived longer, yes, more importantly you could heal as you got hit.

Don't worry guys, it's not system wide.
...the enemies still have poise.

What kind of screw up is that?
this is insane lol

honestly i never noticed cos i generally wear light armor and i'm used to being staggered pretty easy

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
B41DD764FC2BF5F17C54D07860606FFB41495800
how the fuck did i do this

And this is?
super hexagon

Tenrius

Got Tales of Zestiria as a birthday present. It was really nice of the person who gave it to me! Haven't played a Tales game before, but I've been on a huge JRPG kick lately, so this will fit in nicely.

MarkusRJR

So I finally upgraded to my first non-netbook laptop. It's not insanely powerful (i7 dual core, r7 m370) but what kind of games can I play on this thing? Would Dark Souls or Skyrim run pretty well on low/medium settings?

My old computer couldn't even run Sims 3 so I'm kind of excited to be able to play something that isn't 2D. Are there any sales on some light 3D games currently?

Lomax

just booted up hexagon for the first time in forever
level 6, 45s, 2nd try

STILL GOT IT

The human mind is fascinating in that respect. That muscle memory you developed that let you do that will probably always be there, so long as your reflexes are still good enough.

Soulflarz

Banned
The human mind is fascinating in that respect. That muscle memory you developed that let you do that will probably always be there, so long as your reflexes are still good enough.

Yep.

I know how some people say it's a game you get a ton worse at, but I haven't really played Super Hexagon since 2012 or 2013

I still am way worse on PC. I was top 400 or so for awhile on iOS
The main issue with pc is if you hold left then right, it freezes- right click doesn't override it. Because I'm so used to hitting it on ways that have these overlap cause touch controls, I find PC stupidly hard. My best is apparently 58 seconds and change, but I've beaten it on iOS dozens of times >_>

No idea what's wrong with my browsers. Tried to get A Golden Wake for a buck on groupees (and throw in that horrible looking doctor watson game,) firefox doesn't ever seem to acknowledge that I'm logging in, then I go to MSIE and it acknowledges my login but then it tells me I'm failing the captcha (when it doesn't even show me a captcha checkbox.) I guess I'm waiting until it's on a better site, like indiegala or humble bundle. At least THOSE ones work.

Soulflarz

Banned
fun fact when you get the "swirl" in level 6 where you have to hold left or right

you can hold the other direction against the first wall, you'll go through the wall the frame you'd collide, so you can recover the other way in time.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The main issue with pc is if you hold left then right, it freezes- right click doesn't override it. Because I'm so used to hitting it on ways that have these overlap cause touch controls, I find PC stupidly hard. My best is apparently 58 seconds and change, but I've beaten it on iOS dozens of times >_>
wait

you can use mouse controls in super hexagon??

fun fact when you get the "swirl" in level 6 where you have to hold left or right

you can hold the other direction against the first wall, you'll go through the wall the frame you'd collide, so you can recover the other way in time.
this always fucked me up so i always did it the intended way instead lol

yes and it's how I do it and it fucking sucks

THE EXCELLENT TELLING ME I GOT FARTHER MESSED ME UP
I cry
giphy.gif

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
i think i might start system shock 1 after I replay valkyria chronicles. is there anything I need to know before starting? i apparenlty have both classic and the enhanced edition, is there any reason to play one over the other? i mean this in a i dont mind old games sort of way

ExoSoul

Banned
You know how we thought poise was 'weird' in ds3?

It's literally flipped off. It is not used in calculations when a player takes a hit.
1,000,000 poise modded onto your character has no difference from 5 poise.

Aka heavy armor is shit in ds3 vs the others because you can't live longer because stuff stuns you the same! The main advantage of havel's armor in DS was the fact that while you lived longer, yes, more importantly you could heal as you got hit.

Don't worry guys, it's not system wide.
...the enemies still have poise.

What kind of screw up is that?

In PvP poise is mostly roll checks: you may have noticed that when you hit someone as they roll the blood splatter effect still activates but some times (most times) they won't take damage. That's cause they passed the poise check, if they don't pass they'll take damage and have a shorter roll or even be cancelled out for the roll if they have really low poise.

I think it may also affect your ability to roll after being hit since there's some weapon's art/skill that are impossible to roll away if you get caught and you'll be stuck on a infinite combo (stamina allowing).

Other than that yeah, first R1 to connect interrupts the the guy and you can keep him there with follow ups.

But like you said PvE enemies do resist bing interrupted with regular swings.
Great Axe roll attacks will solve all your issues.

Edit:
Also I remember I started using the
Wolf's Ring
cause the roll R1 attack was getting interrupted by single swings (PvE and PvP), after putting it on I'd tank the damage and still execute the move unless it was a flurry of attacks or a heavy hitting attack (or charge R2 in PvP)

Soulflarz

Banned
In PvP poise is mostly roll checks: you may have noticed that when you hit someone as they roll the blood splatter effect still activates but some times (most times) they won't take damage. That's cause they passed the poise check, if they don't pass they'll take damage and have a shorter roll or even be cancelled out for the roll if they have really low poise.[/SPOILER]

Nope. Those are weight checks.

Done with Super Hexagon

IDK why I want to beat it on PC i've beat it so many times on my preferred controller ;-;

Salsa

if I released a game on Steam i'd make it $60 when in reality i'd be lookin for like $15, and then on the first sale i'd just make it look like a price error

people jump on whatever shit they won't even play when they think it's an error

MUnited83

For you.
The
Anor Londo Archer
'fan service' in DS3 blows.

I'm not about this.
Yeah it's terrible
if I released a game on Steam i'd make it $60 when in reality i'd be lookin for like $15, and then on the first sale i'd just make it look like a price error

well, Big Pharma is actually a good game so there's that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Damn, I missed it. Thanks for the heads up, though!

That was like one of the longest running legitimate price mistakes on Steam ever. It took them almost 9 hours to fix!

gurm3n

Neo Member
It had been up for hours before that post dude :/

I just came to the computer, fml...

That was like one of the longest running legitimate price mistakes on Steam ever. It took them almost 9 hours to fix!

Now I just feel stupid, haha. I'm always late to the price mistakes :(.

That's actually a great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom