• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

As a survival horror it isn't bad (though I dislike how the game is switching between controller and keyboard and mouse despite me playing it KB/M and no controller plugged in on boot. :|) but as a shooter it's pretty average.

It's definitely more of a survival horror title than a shooter. That's how I felt anyway.
Though that was a big complaint in general, since the shooting wasn't "tight". Though it isn't supposed to be to go with that idea.
It's hard to do a very tight shooter and still make it scary and not have other factors impeding the player. Such as flashlights, low ammo, etc.

shockdude

Fuck Veni Vidi Vici forever
It took me about 35 minutes to get that trinket. Quicksaved immediately after getting it...except I didn't realize you had to press "Space" to perform the save instead of "Enter"
Fortunately it took me about 7 more minutes to recollect it.
Veni Vidi Vici is fun.

Jawmuncher

Aside from one part in Alien Isolation where I had to find an item in a room, while the alien was way too Aggro. I enjoyed my time with Isolation. I will say it's a tad bit too long, but it's still enjoyable. Especially for big fans of Alien 1.

Sarcasm

For nuveem you need to be connected to VPN at all times, even when buying right? I can't even access the site like gmg (I love in Taiwan but have us paypal).

Looking to buy enter the gungeon.

Ozium

You silly goose

No the alien just seems to know everything and the lockers barely work. Forget the smaller ones, doesn't matter you'll just die anyway.

Was loving it up until this.

if you keep using lockers the alien will go there all the time, you have to mix up what you do... this isn't outlast

You silly goose

No the alien just seems to know everything and the lockers barely work. Forget the smaller ones, doesn't matter you'll just die anyway.

Was loving it up until this.

If you sit in one spot too long it will eventually find you, you have to keep moving and don't forget to use your distractions.

neonglow

Wow, I won Darkest Dungeon. I never expect to win the high profile giveaways because the competition is so great. Thanks Popstar!

if you keep using lockers the alien will go there all the time, you have to mix up what you do... this isn't outlast

If you sit in one spot too long it will eventually find you, you have to keep moving and don't forget to use your distractions.

I usually do walk around and only go into the lockers when the alien is fairly close. But whatever, I'm enjoying everything except for the dumb hide and seek stuff.

Grief.exe

How has Green Man been doing lately with sending out keys prior to a game's release?

I'm thinking about pre-ordering Dark Souls III from them.

MUnited83

For you.
How has Green Man been doing lately with sending out keys prior to a game's release?

I'm thinking about pre-ordering Dark Souls III from them.
They are not getting them from Namco, so basically it's a completely random crapshoot on wether they give the keys on time or not.

KingKong

This has been a really good year for indie games already: Devil Daggers, The Witness, Superhot, Stardew Valley and Hyper Light Drifter are all legit

FloatOn

RcFPbUX.png

how did I do fam?

Unai

I just finished the main quest of Arkham Knight. Good game, but I liked the other ones more. Now I don't know if I finish all the side quests to see the true ending or if I just watch it on youtube.

Nete

I just finished the main quest of Arkham Knight. Good game, but I liked the other ones more. Now I don't know if I finish all the side quests to see the true ending or if I just watch it on youtube.

Go Youtube. "Finishing all the side quests" includes finding all the Riddler shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

You could when it was full price, I used my birthday 27% code, and then like 2 days later they gave the base game like 11% discount and disabled vouchers

Some more Humble Bundle key clean up

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Samorost 2 -- MB-A091677C9ACAF1B8 - Taken by Anastasia. 3 entrants total.
The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-614765625C538B54 - Taken by user237. 6 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-0998BDB5184D4903 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 11 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-299BED1E1DFA0ADA - Taken by Coldsun. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Serious Sam 3: BFE -- MB-F8EA460949A2B3A6 - Taken by Costa1774. 5 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-7691460DECBD48FD - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.
Resident Evil 5 -- MB-8F37411C83FDAABB - Taken by S1n1st3r. 6 entrants total.
Resident Evil 4 -- MB-795A8CEC6EA76297 - Taken by Rivitur. 17 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-9EDE6192B17048D2 - Taken by Haunted. 3 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-6FADA7AE929D698E - Taken by Tart Toter 9k. 3 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-1AC4C667FF462465 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-19C9A846EFA87491 - Taken by Belgarion. 10 entrants total.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-BB15270C17D1A432 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-18BD29F2F03AFA8E - Taken by Gez. 8 entrants total.
Samorost 2 #2 -- MB-F5683EC9D288BE6D - Taken by Kuroyume. 6 entrants total.
The Marvellous Miss Take #2 -- MB-5C03D5CC9E25A588 - Taken by Loptous. 8 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-9B659FD96E8CE913
Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-70B973719B094D83 - Taken by Jalal. 5 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II -- MB-E192CEA8C41B569D - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
The Geneforge Saga -- MB-8202C5D0A45FC253 - Taken by texhnolyze. 4 entrants total.
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-2827022C141E6F83 - Taken by data. 2 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-5DD6F3B7FC54292A - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 6 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-A082D07E55B3E0A2 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Alan Wake Collector's Edition -- MB-2DA49085DDFEE2AD - Taken by kagamin. 13 entrants total.

t1459670327z1.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
how did I do fam?

Bad, tbh fam. You just know From and Namco are gonna put a GotY "Scholar of the Whatever" edition out in a year. You should've waited until then. Hell, I'm gonna assume that edition will be DX12 only because they can't fucking patch that shit into the earlier version.

No, I'm not like... bitter or anything about supporting Dark Souls 2 day-one, why do you ask?

----

In other news: Getting a friend request from someone with only two groups (that don't appear) in common with me and no friends but is a public facing profile is weird as hell. *block, ignore request, and move on*

8 days till Dark Souls 3
hopefully i can resist the urge to spoil myself with Drifter, Dragons Dogma, and Record Keeper

=( waiting sucks

The wait is going to be hard, but hopefully being on vacation for half the time will help with it. That and Enter the Gungeon coming out in a couple days too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
In other news: Getting a friend request from someone with only two groups (that don't appear) in common with me and no friends but is a public facing profile is weird as hell. *block, ignore request, and move on*

I just wanted to chat :(

Lain

I got the improved dash in Hyper Light Drifter hoping it would let me get on those distant platform I sometime see and then discovered that if there is no ground below my feet I can't keep dashing even with that =(
At least I got those 800 dashes out of the way.

Rhaknar

I got the improved dash in Hyper Light Drifter hoping it would let me get on those distant platform I sometime see and then discovered that if there is no ground below my feet I can't keep dashing even with that =(
At least I got those 800 dashes out of the way.

Have you tried the multi dash on those
east zone fire platform puzzles
? I havent gone back there yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom