• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I was looking at the screens yesterday and it really is not a looker, even more so with the downgrade and whatever. Squeenix must be kicking themselves for investing in Luminous and crap.

Not that I particularly care about graphics, but the 10 year dev cycle is super interesting.

Honestly thought they'd switch to UE4 after the change of hands but that probably would have made too much sense there. KH3 and FFVII seem to be progressing better than XV as a whole despite not having as much time put into them.

Lain

Like a PS3 game? woot. Headache-inducing performance and resolution issues aside, I think it looked pretty at times.

I dunno, this shot doesn't really paint a pretty picture
UJq5VR.png

zkylon

zkylewd
once again i feel like people are just purposely looking for things to hate

imo the game looks fantastic in video even if that picture above (and some others) look pretty shit. yeah the aliasing is weirdly awful and i have no idea what's going on with that tree but cmon, look at that shiny overdesigned car with the pretty anime people. look at those silky smooth battle animations and vfx. the nice sunset and whatnot.

the framerate is the really scary thing, it looked pretty rough at times

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like the game should look awesome on pc if it's ported, since the aliasing and resolution stuff should be a non-issue and then it's just fancy final fantasy design which is usually pretty nice

once again i feel like people are just purposely looking for things to hate

imo the game looks fantastic in video even if that picture above (and some others) look pretty shit. yeah the aliasing is weirdly awful and i have no idea what's going on with that tree but cmon, look at that shiny overdesigned car with the pretty anime people. look at those silky smooth battle animations and vfx. the nice sunset and whatnot.

the framerate is the really scary thing, it looked pretty rough at times

Yeah, it looks like a true "cinematic" experience, but maybe that's because of the way the video was captured.

I still think it looks like a game, thats between PS4 and PS3.

I mean look at those FF13-2 screenshots, PC screens, but they didnt change textures or assets:

I dont really think that is a 1 generation different game.

Ludens

Banned
I think it looks fine. Needs some AA on the hair though. On PC maxed out I think a few tunes would be changed.

The problem is the framerate is awful in the demo, and in the demo there are not NPCs or companion, all locations are empty excluding for some monsters.
Now consider the trailer, in which there were scenes full of npcs. I guess the game will run with 5 fps in those istances.

Knurek

H-how?

Last time I saw something this impressive was the sub 100kb game kkreigor many years ago.

Procedural generation of all assets.
For sound, you're doing a softsynth, something like those old FM chips in consoles/soundcards.
For textures, you're using Perlin noise functions + some HSV transforms here and there (wrote my thesis about that)
I have no idea how they generate vertices/3D models... Durante might have some knowledge.

cyba89

FFXV looks really good when you actually play the game and don't just stand in front of walls looking at textures all the time.

Procedural generation of all assets.
For sound, you're doing a softsynth, something like those old FM chips in consoles/soundcards.
For textures, you're using Perlin noise functions + some HSV transforms here and there (wrote my thesis about that)
I have no idea how they generate vertices/3D models... Durante might have some knowledge.

Yes, Kkreigor did the same. But this is on a whole other level. It looks like a current gen cutscene.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The Red Wizard, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Game #2 -- MB-C6BDC57E9646791E - Taken by Oreoleo. 5 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-35E8A0D6396EBD46 - Taken by Vuze. 10 entrants total.

t1459691688z1.png

I'm trying to beat Alien Isolation but honestly, this is getting boring. I keep dying to Alien bullshit.
Dial down difficulty and enjoy a great atmospheric game.
http://i.imgur.com/RcFPbUX.png

how did I do fam?
You did bad by using fam. Very bad.
Beat VVVVVV and collected all the shiny trinkets. That was fun.

934D7EC699FD2C809A32FF543FD48434978F8212
Hm, I have the game. I should try it. Looks fun.
march was rough. Thanks to Uzzy for makin april so much better already.
Congrats!
Gotta say I'm digging this photo mode.
Eh, how did I not see that option? Better late than never though ( -_-')
We finally finished the Indie GOTY thread, which should be relevant here as well:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1203844

:)
Very nice as usual, thanks! Gonna be a good read later in the evening.

Benedict

Tried several times but still can't open or uninstall the Steam app.
When I log in on Steam on the computer I still get an authorication code from the app.
But no way of starting into Steam Mobile at all otherwise...

Deitus

I still think it looks like a game, thats between PS4 and PS3.

I mean look at those FF13-2 screenshots, PC screens, but they didnt change textures or assets:

I dont really think that is a 1 generation different game.

I mean, you are comparing an unfinished game on the console to a finished game running on PC at a higher resolution and with proper AA. I mean yeah, they didn't change the textures for the PC release, but FFXIII-2 did not look that good on console. The fact that the environments in XIII-2 were much more enclosed than XVs will be allowed it to have some really nice looking environments at times (never as pretty as XIII's corridors though), but that game was really rough around the edges. And while not all of the screenshots capture this, the character models in XV are dramatically more detailed than either XIII or XIII-2, and the scale of the environments is massive in comparison (which is obviously going to eat up a lot of resources that could otherwise be put towards making the close things look prettier).

But anyway, there aren't really any games that look like a 1 generation leap this gen, aside from maybe Uncharted 4. The leap in hardware just isn't enough that time around, so you really shouldn't set your expectations based on that.

r3n4ud

When I log in on Steam on the computer I still get an authorication code from the app.
Have you tried hard restarting your phone?

Dunno, just spitballing.

Mivey

Bit of a nuclear option but have you thought about completely reseting the phone? That should remove the Steam App (and everything else). I am sure there is some easy way to save your data, so it would just require a bit of time to reinstall everything.

Does day of the tentacle Remastered have a bug in the Maniac mansion game? I've given the green tentacle what he wants so I can get past him but he still blocks me

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Realistically, how long would a high end rig last me before needing to upgrade for playing games 1080p 60fps or higher and perhaps with a view to using VR?

Endruen

Realistically, how long would a high end rig last me before needing to upgrade for playing games 1080p 60fps or higher and perhaps with a view to using VR?

Mine is 4 years old and still running awesomely. I play everything in ultra except ubisoft shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom