• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the visuals in the FFXV demo are very uneven and the IQ is terrible.
I found it interesting though. It's a curious mix between demo and tech demo, you can mess around with the weather and the day/night cycle and control different creatures and vehicles. Having it take place inside a dream allowed them to go to town.
Combat seems simplistic but I really like the warp mechanic.
The game has potential to look incredible on PC if they give us the option for higher quality textures.

Saty

How Nintendo crushed the 1980s PC market with the NES

The Digital Antiquarian blog has published a fascinating new history of how Nintendo took on personal computers in the U.S. -- and won -- in the 1980s, with its Nintendo Entertainment System console.

The post takes in how the NES ushered out the age of the Commodore 64 in the U.S. -- with incendiary quotes from the popular 8-bit computer's fans, naturally -- and how companies like Activision and Elctronic Arts responded to Nintendo's massive and unexpected success.

http://www.filfre.net/2016/04/generation-nintendo/

Finally watched The Force Awakens yesterday, can't believe I managed to avoid that spoiler.
Glad to see the franchise back on track.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Mine is 4 years old and still running awesomely. I play everything in ultra except ubisoft shit.

I'm tempted to all out and get a build with a GTX 980ti etc and have it lasted me a good few years before I need to upgrade parts

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I did as best as i could without photo mode XD

BTW

http://oddshot.tv/shot/heroes-of-the-storm-201604032644959

She did "the pose" on Blizz event XD

*triggered*
a406695273.png

Endruen

I'm tempted to all out and get a build with a GTX 980ti etc and have it lasted me a good few years before I need to upgrade parts
These are my specs:
Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3,60GH - 4 cores
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
4x 4GB DDR3 RAM

I bought it when the 680 came up, so it was fairly new, but now it's falling behind mainly for being 2gb only. That being said, I don't find any problems playing on ultra unless the game is poorly optimized or too high end.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
These are my specs:
Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3,60GH - 4 cores
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
4x 4GB DDR3 RAM

I bought it when the 680 came up, so it was fairly new, but now it's falling behind mainly for being 2gb only. That being said, I don't find any problems playing on ultra unless the game is poorly optimized or too high end.

Really tempted. Since in however many years it'll be when it starts lagging behind I can just upgrade a few parts and it'll be sorted.

Finally watched The Force Awakens yesterday, can't believe I managed to avoid that spoiler.
Glad to see the franchise back on track.

Well done on avoiding it. If I hadn't seen it on launch weekend, it would have been spoiled for me when I played Wind Waker HD and picked up a Miiverse bottle.

In Steam news, does anyone have those set up videos for the Vive that came out recently? There were three posted at the same times and I get the feeling that Valve made them.

Vamphuntr

http://it.ign.com/final-fantasy-xv-...rector-di-final-fantasy-xv-sul-frame-rate-del

10 years to be done, the game still runs like crap, and of course SE already ensured us there will be DLCs.
I mean, all of us expected DLCs for the game (it's SE after all), but at least polish your game before talking of additional contents.

It's at the point where management is pushing the game out no matter what. They want it out no matter how poor it looks or perform. The IQ will probably be fixed but the gameplay I wouldn't expect much. There is a reason why they are ditching their own engine for UE4.

DLC for any game is the norm now. Even 3DS games have DLC. I guess it's a way to balance out the hefty cost associated with making AAA games in 2016.

r3n4ud

Broken Sword Complete Pack is the daily for $13.99.

I own the first and second game, so the other games in the pack come to $15.90 for me. I have to pay more for owning some of the games. Okay.

Cheaper than buying them separately, I guess.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-44C23C88865DB36D - Taken by Chucker

:3

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hero Prinny, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- #savetheprinnies

Disgaea PC -- MB-29614BEC83AB4469 - Taken by Man Puncher. 44 entrants total.

t1459717849z1.png
Everyone needs some disgaea in their life. Tell me if thr code doesnt work, i bought it in the BST thread:3

Erekiddo

I genuinely hope someone can help with this issue. It's maddening and making me pull my hair out in frustration. I've googled and found lots of different answers, none of which have helped.

Has anyone else running Windows 10 had issues with Steam games randomly minimizing themselves while playing full screen? It isn't particular to a certain game and seems to occur at random times.

I've tried to look at Event Viewer with no luck. I don't see any sort of pop-up stealing attention, it just aimless dumps me back to the desktop.

Anyone? :(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
KnifeGAF needs to talk about their knives constantly. They need to be looking at a knife constantly. When they need something new their only thought is of knives.

They use their knives to slice away everything else in their lives.

Anime is just another knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom