• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Lets be honest, at this point if you entered steamGaf and it wasn't a flaming wreak you would be more surprised.

8sn40Kp.jpg

UWWWM4p.jpg

KnifeGAF needs to talk about their knives constantly. They need to be looking at a knife constantly. When they need something new their only thought is of knives.

They use their knives to slice away everything else in their lives.

Anime is just another knife.

Where's Pyrogaf and swordgaf? :V

I want to talk about those curvy scimitars and sharp claymores!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hero Prinny, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- #savetheprinnies

Disgaea PC -- MB-29614BEC83AB4469 - Taken by Man Puncher. 44 entrants total.

t1459717849z1.png
For new page

This anime season sucks so bad, I'll have to play games =/
Are you out of your mind? Diamond is Unbreakable is this anime season.
It's just him writing random crap in the rules area, ignore it. :p
Nah that was modbot, it knows how important prinnies are. We must all get disgaea 1 so we can get the sequels.

I just got a 1440p monitor with gsync and a 980 ti and I'm still learning how to configure everything. I figured this would be the best place to ask some questions cause I'm mainly playing Rise of the Tomb Raider and Arkham Knight.

- I have G Sync turned on in the "monitor" part of Nvidia Control Panel. There is no option in the "V Sync" section, is that normal? And should I keep V Sync turned off in both the control panel and the graphics settings in both games?

- At 1440p, Rise of the Tomb Raider is ~45 fps in enclosed tombs and ~30 fps in more open areas with almost maxed settings. Is that normal? If it is, any advice on the best settings to lower?

- In RotTR benchmark, I start at 70fps and drop to 35 as the camera moves. Is g sync supposed to prevent that, or is it simply a feature that prevents screen tearing when FPS changes that drastically?

I'm just confused right now. I'm almost tempted to play at 1080p so I can lock 60fps at max settings

Someone post if they do not own Portal and have not played it.

I just got a 1440p monitor with gsync and a 980 ti and I'm still learning how to configure everything. I figured this would be the best place to ask some questions cause I'm mainly playing Rise of the Tomb Raider and Arkham Knight.

- I have G Sync turned on in the "monitor" part of Nvidia Control Panel. There is no option in the "V Sync" section, is that normal? And should I keep V Sync turned off in both the control panel and the graphics settings in both games?

- At 1440p, Rise of the Tomb Raider is ~45 fps in enclosed tombs and ~30 fps in more open areas with almost maxed settings. Is that normal? If it is, any advice on the best settings to lower?

- In RotTR benchmark, I start at 70fps and drop to 35 as the camera moves. Is g sync supposed to prevent that, or is it simply a feature that prevents screen tearing when FPS changes that drastically?

I'm just confused right now. I'm almost tempted to play at 1080p so I can lock 60fps at max settings

You should not have vsync enabled with gsync. Gsync is basically an attempt to have vsync without the drawbacks of added latency and the halving of framerate without triple buffering.

Gsync should not be causing frame halving. The game can override vsync settings from NVIDIA CP. In many cases the NV CP stuff only applies to OpenGL games anyway.

JustLynx

Help!!!

So I got a new pc, after a fresh install of windows I installed steam and now every time it launches, it keeps asking me for the password and then the steamguard code, even when I tick the remember me...
It first shows as if it connects me but then goes back to the login phase...

I tried a fresh install
deauth all computers
flushconfig

anyone have any idea wtf is going on?
this is driving me mad... please help... :(

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Lol, I just randomly decided to play a game in CSGO and got some tournament souvenir drop. Now my friend's super salty since he's been watching the entire thing and got nothing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gunstar, Renegade Ops, Viking -- MB-B0687CBF553125C1 - Taken by Spring-Loaded

Garbage day dot jiff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Gatling Gears -- MB-2BCFA31CDA03CB1D - Taken by voodooray
Lucid -- MB-FC939D90F87674C4 - Taken by Loptous
Capsized -- MB-2F865864CA53033C - Taken by Darth Kupi

pahamrick

Hero won one of my Division giveaways. I'm eligible for the pay it forward rule.

I feel like the stars are aligning, today is my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom