• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not really get shmups. I tried playing Jamestown a while back, and it just doesn't do anything for me and I'm really bad at it.

Hmmm... pay $4 to give away a game wanted by many in SteamGAF and brighten someone's day then? ;)

I'm trying to be an enabler here...
I mean, it's for charity, right?

It's an awesome game. Tried to get attention for the game when it was 2€ during the summer sale, but few listened. :p

The only PJ game that ever clicked for me was Sidescroller.
The rest? Well, Eden was okay, I suppose.
I do not have a high opinion of the Shooter games, that's for certain; I played them more than Monsters, but that's not saying much considering how much I do not like the visuals or core gameplay of Monsters. :p

Knurek

I do hope we get English translations of the last two Witcher/Ciri books soon. In a dream world they'd drop before Witcher 3 comes out, but that's unlikely.

Can't wait for fan outrage at the saga ending.
Without spoiling stuff, Sapkowski trolled his fans hard.

Ventara

The new Humble Bundle would be tempting if I didn't already have Ys Origin, which I still have yet to play (stupid me). As it stands, I'd much rather play Piceljunk Shooter on my Vita, so it's an extra $5 for Mitsurugi or $9 for Mitsurugi and Astebreed. I'll just stick to the first tier, unless Astebreed is amazing or something (don't know much about the game), then maybe I'll just do a Ys Orihin giveaway.

Uzzy

Where is Yennefer in those trailer? I totally missed her.
I mean, I saw a woman running during the pre-E3 trailer, when the king is speaking about a woman that returnet...is that Yennefer??? Because she has white hairs :S

There's a scene where Geralt is on a boat flanked by Triss and a black haired woman. That's almost certainly Yennefer.

Can't wait for fan outrage at the saga ending.
Without spoiling stuff, Sapkowski trolled his fans hard.

Isn't the ending stuff kinda explicitly spelled out in the games though?

Where is Yennefer in those trailer? I totally missed her.
I mean, I saw a woman running during the pre-E3 trailer, when the king is speaking about a woman that returnet...is that Yennefer??? Because she has white hairs :S

No, this here on the right is Yennefer:

Yen_zps6b581d12.jpg

Okay Casimir, now that I look at here she really comes of as a generic 3D model.

Would have prefered the style of this fanart:

derExperte

Single-player too? How many GB is the game?

Go ahead, use your 168 hours of Game Time to complete the single-player campaign.

47,3GB on my drive but I have Premium, a big chunk are probably the add-ons.

still better than realplayer brah

Debatable. At least rp had the decency to bugger off completely, rotting somewhere in a remote cave, while qt is still roaming the earth, scaring small children and kittens from time to time.

can they even do a humble bundle without EA's help? unless humble is going to do a f2p bundle then i can't seen a crytek bundle ever happening.

also, it came to me this morning that the "tek" part of crytek is just a stupid way to spell tech. I always though it was just a cool german naming thing and never really thought about the tek part as anything but an abstraction until i drank my coffee this morning o_O

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
She looked like described in the books. Or are you speaking of the face?

Holistically. It's more CDPR's realization of what is described. Compared to Geralt & Triss (and everyone from TW2 for that matter) her model looks off, like it was ripped from the promotional materials I saw years ago for an old 3D modeling program.

No, this here on the right is Yennefer:

Okay Casimir, now that I look at here she really comes of as a generic 3D model.

Would have prefered the style of this fanart:

:p

Holistically. It's more CDPR's realization of what is described. Compared to Geralt & Triss (and everyone from TW2 for that matter) her model looks off, like it was ripped from the promotional materials I saw years ago for an old 3D modeling program.

I agree with you. Her face does appear pretty generic looking.

boondocks-kung-fu-o.gif
boondocks-o.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GIGANTIC ARMY -- MB-96A2541E241E9DE4 - Taken by Tizoc. 5 entrants total.
Unholy Heights -- MB-CF45A81C904502A1 - Taken by louiedog. 4 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-98BC74782598C2B0 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 13 entrants total.
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-BDB425782A6A5AA8 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 21 entrants total.
Astebreed -- MB-8A728475603BA834 - Taken by YianGaruga. 24 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-409C69DD92AD8FCB - Taken by xeris. 2 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-118CF8377FBC78B1 - Taken by 73V3N. 2 entrants total.

t1407443389z1.png

I'm having a lot of issues running The Witcher on ANY setting, yet I can run Metro Last Light and Bioshock Infinite on high without a hitch. What's the deal?

witcher 1? it should run fine these days on just about anything
w2? turn off ubersampling and you should be fine.

and yennifer looks fine. heck, if anything she looks TOO good compared to the other people in that scene. She looks like she's on another level techwise.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of DontBlink, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DontBlink, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-109C083CAF8D97E9 - Taken by topyy. 34 entrants total.

t1407445968z1.png

derExperte

Gods Will Be Watching got a big update, they listened to the complaints about too much randomness.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/274290/announcements/detail/239008198869341336

THE MERCY UPDATE

Three new difficulty levels with different approaches to gameplay, including two modes without RNG!

Puzzle Mode
All the challenge of Original Mode, but without random factors in play. If you want to remove the element of chance from the game, this is the mode for you.

Puzzle Mode Light
The easier version of the game that also removes random factors and chance. If you want to remove the element of chance and face easier puzzles, this is the mode for you.

Narrative Mode
The easiest mode and a way to enjoy the game as a narrative experience, without a heavy challenge.

Here you have an image which contains the feeling of the update[i.imgur.com]

AND MORE FIXES

- Added a fade in for the language selection so players don’t miss-click on different languages when starting the game.

- Achievement “BR4ND-0N” in Chapter 4 description fixed.

- BR4ND-0N now can count as sacrificed on Chapter 3.

- Chapter 6: You can now click on Claire after hitting Frank.
- Chapter 6: Claire doesn’t come back to life when you threaten his child.

- Chapter 1: Restarting the puzzle after the guards launching the grenade doesn’t break the game anymore.

- Localization fixes. Including the “Yeah, that glove can be a pain in the ass.” line in every language.

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

BALLPOINT UNIVERSE INFINITE -- MB-2FE50012B409B326 - Taken by Wark

anyone need this?

So, I've won The Witcher Adventure giveaway, but I already got a key from SubZero before.
I tried the "nuke" thing for modbot but it doesn't work so I'll post the code here.
Quote to see.

If you take it please say it!
Obviously thanks to the original user

Oh, sorry... The Witcher 2. It seems to be running at an incredibly low framerate regardless of how I set it up. I have turned off ubersampling and all those extra bells and whistles and it is still really jittery.

Try setting the Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames for this game in the nvidia control panel to 1.

I like Triss and all, but Yen looks extremely beautiful.

Not really. Triss still looks better. CDPR needs to work on Yennefer's model some more.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-CE2E4853DD37CD08 - Taken by user237

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom