• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
That Japanese bundle looks really good.

Pixeljunk shooter is a lot of fun, btw.

Astebreed seems cool... I'll have to ponder if I want it.

Sendou

Any idea what might be causing my Steam revert back to Finnish all the time when using it on Chrome? Getting logged out too. It's just annoying. Not sure if ES is causing it or what.

In another note Spelunky seems pretty damn awesome.

Saint's Row IV Game of the Century Edition is region free right? I might get the game through a russian seller, it's like $10 there.

Newblade

ModBot said:
[highlight
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

3 STARS OF DESTINY -- MB-8195F00647DF4B87 - Taken by someguyinahat
BALLPOINT UNIVERSE - INFINITE -- MB-17F533F774935FC2

First humble bundle that I'm going top tier for. I can't get over the generosity in this thread of all the giveaways and everything. PC gaming is really something else.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Reposting, (why do I always forget to add the AUTOREPOST rule? duh)

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition -- MB-05FA2434CA9EE9BB - Taken by Mono. 79 entrants total.

t1407446689z1.png

derExperte

The tears when your inventory gets swamped by vouchers and you realize that even Trashbot can't help because the market is locked.

UncleBiz

i've been pretty busy lately but the weekly humble bundle looks pretty good.. worth getting the $10 tier if i only own one way heroics?

19Kilo

Some extras

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (19Kilo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Way Heroics -- MB-4413AAAAFD98D07F - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-6EE7A3D38BA61D03 - Taken by The Cowboy. 3 entrants total.

t1407444948z1.png

Teppic

Japan showing how it's done. 7 DRM-free games + Steam. Went in for the $6 tier.

Edit: Upgraded to $10 tier. Astebreed looks good, and it's a good price.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of H1PSTER, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (H1PSTER, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unholy Heights -- MB-5CE2E8BDA60AF676 - Taken by Sendou. 17 entrants total.

t1407448128z1.png

rtcn63

I'm still going with the "Geralt discovers that he was part of the Les Enfants Terribles project and was exposed to an experimental form of FOXDIE that gives him witcher powers" theory. If that sounds fatuous and implausible, it's because he'll appear as the final boss of MGSV and given his own three-hour monologue.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-5C9513CAF5ED0AD4 - Taken by taco543. 2 entrants total.

t1407455808z1.png

taco543

Both games are actually really awesome but didnt want anyone getting penalized for getting these, SO enjoy guys!

ModBot said:
Instructions for taco543:
These are not the droids you're looking for.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

One Way Heroics -- MB-EA3DAF253C9EA03D - Taken by Deadbeat
Ys Origin -- MB-E06A79C19FCBFFA5 - Taken by user237

Dr Dogg

Well, here's what I understand, as simply as I can put some of it:

*SPOILERZZZZ!!!*

Uh... none of it really made sense to me.
But even if it was less coherent to Bayonetta, it still felt like it was a better story and was more competently delivered via the medium. :p

Yeah that's pretty much the gist of things, a lot is either left up to audience interpretation or just Suda being a bit wishy washy with his story telling. The narrative being non linear does feel like it needs a bit of piecing together and there are a few facts which come from the artbook that maybe shine a light on some character but I get the feeling most are kind on not massively important to the main plot. Suda did mention in an interview with Polygon that he wanted players to experience one Episode a day so each it take as a single story with an over aching story. So some things are less important than others (for example Alice isn't that important to the story but it does help raise curiosity in Mondo about the moon).

!!!MASSIVE KILLER IS DEAD SPOILERS!!!

There are a few things that leaves the mind boggling like the opening mission it transpires
you are not playing as Mondo but year are actually playing as David.
The reason he is tracking down that kidnapper is because he has kidnapped
Mika
. Also Moon River's role the plot is a bit vague but the first you see of her is in Brians office asking them to assassinate David which Bryan says is out of their jurisdiction but Mondo intervenes and says he'll do it for a kiss.
When he fails and she can't return to her home he offer to put her up on his boat.
Though the next we see of her is at the end where she
goes back into Bryan's office and ask them to assassinate another man, supposedly Mondo now?
The way I see the ending is when
Mondo says I see I understand now... David and cuts off his arm he yet again is being embodied by the darkness of the moon but the Muscleback is preventing this
. This happens a couple of times during the game,
first after the initial confrontation with David but more over when he rescues the tiny Early from the giant.
Come the end Mondo has this decision to make and
as the darkness which has been stored up in the Moon is fast approaching the Earth, instead of letting the Muscleback protect him he severs his arm off to absorb the darkness within him and save the Earth.

Though fuck it who knows! Just trying to type that out hurt my head.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Any way I can farm CS GO case drops without actually playing the game? Heard that there are some idling servers but haven't looked much into it

Any way I can farm CS GO case drops without actually playing the game? Heard that there are some idling servers but haven't looked much into it

You can just jump into an idle server and sit there. It's not as easy as it was for TF2 back in the day, though, as you'll have to confirm your drops before you get another one.

When I do it, I jump into an idle server and come back every hour or so to check. To check, you'll need to switch your team to spectator and then go into your inventory. If you got a drop, you'll have a popup. If you don't have a popup, then you can go back to one of the teams and check back in an hour.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Pixelated One Way Heroic Monsters

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

One Way Heroics -- MB-D3A577A5A089172A - Taken by TheMadMan007
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-BE27B0997B98F037 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

NOLURKERS
NOWINNERSDAILY
BLACKLIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom