• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Good morning! Found this lying around. A single code for all the games mentioned below.
Origin games:
Peggle Deluxe
Bejeweled 3
Bookworm Deluxe
Escape Rosecliff Island
Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Humble Bundle PopCap (Origin) -- MB-F0A818705109BA93 - Taken by Jadax

t1406879244z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for PrematureQuiche:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PrematureQuiche, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Age of Empires II HD -- MB-73CE126495ED6EF0 - Taken by Double. 15 entrants total.

t1406889384z1.png

last one for a while! enjoy guys!

Arthea

It's most likely my last big giveaway, as I decided stop stashing on keys or buying extra bundles, that's why no tricks or metagames, just games, go get them!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 55 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arthea, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Aveyond Lord of Twilight -- MB-1887D4FCBFAD86EB - Taken by Xclash. 3 entrants total.
Rogue's Tale -- MB-653F542C914280C0 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Legends of Persia -- MB-2FA6C12EA45D6580 - Taken by daisysmurf. 1 entrants total.
Disciples III Resurrection -- MB-6D0FE4CA017CFBC3 - Taken by Perun. 1 entrants total.
Xotic Complete (includes 3 DLC) -- MB-983AC8580EF8741B - Taken by SSPssp
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-ED18590D21441E97 - Taken by Catshade
Rush For Glory -- MB-E98701D5BA5BFA37 - Taken by tuseday
The 7th Guest -- MB-02A6F0A32E1A4640 - Taken by Woody Invincible
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-E017DC26F3438D7B - Taken by xeris
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL -- MB-ABE9DEA33F57EA2A - Taken by pahamrick. 1 entrants total.
Wizardry 6 and 7 -- MB-663E200B21697FC5 - Taken by Timedog. 1 entrants total.
The Howler -- MB-174A376588A1B958 - Taken by Mikaju. 1 entrants total.
Steel Storm Complete Edition -- MB-479D321B9F2E82E4 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
RUSH -- MB-4906E6E5D0220471
Wizardry 8 -- MB-A4176C39C2AA580F - Taken by deadflower81. 1 entrants total.
7 Wonders, Ancient Alien Makeover -- MB-BC924CB397D36A16 - Taken by Dice. 1 entrants total.

Steel & Steam, Episode 1 -- MB-B17F3EAE8FF42275 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
World War 2, Time of Wrath -- MB-DB87239593EF31A3
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-97D979A6A9A151B7 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 4 entrants total.
Storm in a Teacup -- MB-E8958643D6C4931C - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Spec Ops The Line -- MB-3175E27C9C8D4899 - Taken by Anteater. 4 entrants total.
iBomber Defense Plus iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-FEF7112B1D5CF866 - Taken by dinopoke. 1 entrants total.
Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles -- MB-0CA6EC55809BF360 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Darkout -- MB-35F9E7406C2C0F1B - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-3C79632319E62CBD - Taken by creamsugar. 2 entrants total.
Skyborn -- MB-B856A31EC6209D11 - Taken by Kaper. 1 entrants total.
Just Cause -- MB-46997457E2C4AABA - Taken by Ben652. 1 entrants total.
Jack Lumber -- MB-279E63DFDCC02157
Pickers -- MB-E7C46030373C51A4 - Taken by Casimir. 1 entrants total.
Metal Planet -- MB-AE201C3231830A4E - Taken by drizzle. 1 entrants total.
KAMI -- MB-859E0CDDEDEBF0C1 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Paradigm Shift -- MB-3C571FBA29C5C4AE
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-8B29E836D9B3A3F0 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 1 entrants total.
Mafia II -- MB-92026B0F183AF190 - Taken by Dragoon En Regalia. 1 entrants total.
Aura -- MB-0E550EB8B146BA28
Freddi Fish The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds -- MB-CFD6D61082CC1CF4 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Luxor 2 HD -- MB-3E5BF44CEA523E06 - Taken by Vuze
Savant Ascent -- MB-5802180FFAAA6B66 - Taken by bkw. 1 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-360D76A428AC1D1A - Taken by Newblade. 4 entrants total.
Driftmoon -- MB-8810CA312B98F373 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Lost Civilization -- MB-9A0AFE5BB4C5B068 - Taken by drakaenae
SOUL GAMBLER -- MB-EE36BA09C6947642
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-2275BDFB87558E2A - Taken by Andrefpvs. 1 entrants total.
Stacking -- MB-1FDCE5AE875C406F - Taken by Ventara. 1 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E. -- MB-5D8DFF016B6BBB19 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Windforge -- MB-E0449F996CDA77F5 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Nicolas Eymerich, The Inquisitor Book 1 The Plague -- MB-219CFACDDD312821 - Taken by deadflower81
Little Farm -- MB-79D83E016B4F94FD - Taken by crazyrabbits
Echo of the Wilds -- MB-83454EC58CC43A95 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
Montas -- MB-0C25E09EB1472780 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
1000 Amps -- MB-3B72D838D634548F - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Mount & Blade, With Fire And Sword -- MB-4B1C448E33DD9790 - Taken by kudoboi. 1 entrants total.
Numba Deluxe -- MB-AB80559F83B329F2
Mata Hari -- MB-5518F20944F76ADE - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 2 entrants total.
4 Elements -- MB-06A5947D240F485A - Taken by diablogod. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Putt-Putt Joins the Parade was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Freddi Fish The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406879604z1.png

Dr.Acula

Banned
Just played some Shadowrun Returns for the first time. I really dig it so far. Sometimes in games I feel the urge to just click click click past dialog or skip journal entries, but the writing here is really good, so I'm compelled to read it.

The gfx scaling is nice. I have it at 2880x1620 and "hi res scale mode" on, so it looks great, all the menus are properly sized. Runs perfect too, not a very demanding game. My only deal is that the game defaults to a very "zoomed out" look, but I guess seeing the whole field is the important thing.

And holy shit
Jake Armitage
:)

Karak

actually - you're both right :) this game is EXACTLY like those games :) plus - it's REALLY pretty too :D definitely worth giving it a try (probably at a lower price point, though ... I got it for $25 - no regrets)

I know. I have played it. And yes it is exactly that. But it IS their fault with the naming convention which will hamper this.

The new download complete notification in steam locks up my computer for a second when it appears, and god help me if I install a bunch of smaller games at once...

wilflare

I'm hoping for improvements to IHS. let me stream to my Mac without the game being active on my Desktop/server pls.

(and Steam pls, allow native twitch and the twitter support)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I know. I have played it. And yes it is exactly that. But it IS their fault with the naming convention which will hamper this.

yeah, I know :( they REALLY should have just named it Sacred: Some Sub-title instead of Sacred 3

Arthea

bundle sites should allow us to download codes as a text file or something... so much easier to organise

that would be awesome! Even better would be the list in text form as all of your steam library, gog library, ubi, origin and desura, just to keep track of things and to know what is where without much effort involved.

Shadownet

Banned
OT: don't read if you don't care.

the girl I went on 2 dates with. She's really shy, just got out of a sad relationship recently and still not over her ex. She said I'm an amazing guy but she don't know why she doesn't feel any romance toward me. Even though she want to. I told her maybe she need to give it time and try go move on from her ex first. Only then maybe she'll see me as more than just a friend. Am I doing this right? I really like this girl, and I'm pretty sure I would give up Elizabeth for her. I've been trying to take it slow, and give her time.

I would post in relationshipGAF but I don't know those people, and I care more about what my steam family has to say.

wilflare

that would be awesome! Even better would be the list in text form as all of your steam library, gog library, ubi, origin and desura, just to keep track of things and to know what is where without much effort involved.

yea. so I can easily copy that list to my own spreadsheet or what not to mark as redeemed, given away, etc.

while they have been getting better - their system of marking as used or redeemed isn't reliable.. (Groupees wiped my tags I think recently...)

possible next project for jshackles? Bundle Manager - to help you track all your bundles (gets data from all the sites)
you can sort it by platform/service (Steam, Desura, GOG)
you can sort it by games (if you have multiple copies of the same game - it will show which bundle it is from) - you can mark redeemed or given away
you can sort it by bundle provider (humble Groupees etc)

I would pay for something like this.. and help send emails to the bundle providers to support the Bundle Manager api (if it ends up using an api)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Well, I got accepted to cover MIND. Some tidbits from the press release for everyone:

Price = 13€, available on PC at launch with Mac support sometime later.
Oculus Rift support will come later but is in the cards and being worked on.
Not exactly Steam specific but, consoles were mentioned as a possibility if all goes well.

Let the games begin.

Caerith

Is there a way to run Idle Master and get the window to remain open if it has an error? Or a place where it outputs a log?

The only way I know of is to download the source code and run it in Idle (a Python GUI), but this is the sort of answer where, if it could be of any use to you, you wouldn't have needed to ask.

(Might I recommend learning Python?)

Oh, or you can run it from the cmd prompt. Just ctrl+break to end.

Dr.Acula

Banned

the girl I went on 2 dates with. She's really shy, just got out of a sad relationship recently and still not over her ex. She said I'm an amazing guy but she don't know why she doesn't feel any romance toward me. Even though she want to. I told her maybe she need to give it time and try go move on from her ex first. Only then maybe she'll see me as more than just a friend. Am I doing this right? I really like this girl, and I'm pretty sure I would give up Elizabeth for her. I've been trying to take it slow, and give her time.

I would post in relationshipGAF but I don't know those people, and I care more about what my steam family has to say.

Who's Elizabeth?

The only way I know of is to download the source code and run it in Idle (a Python GUI), but this is the sort of answer where, if it could be of any use to you, you wouldn't have needed to ask.

(Might I recommend learning Python?)

Oh, or you can run it from the cmd prompt. Just ctrl+break to end.
Whatever issue I had after it crashed this last time, the new build is working fine. Dunno what was up. But I'll keep these in mind in case I have issues with it again
Who's Elizabeth?
His waifu

wilflare

I was eating breakfast when I suddenly thought I should ask you about your date.
give her time and space - at least she's frank with you and not just grabbing onto you like a rebound.
let the friendship develop - even if it doesn't go into romance in the future, at least you made a good friend

Caerith

You're doing the right thing, but it sounds like you need more mini-golf.

ev0

Using idlemaster has made a couple people on my friends list ask wtf Im doing and why am I playing so many random games heh

Shadownet

Banned
I was eating breakfast when I suddenly thought I should ask you about your date.
give her time and space - at least she's frank with you and not just grabbing onto you like a rebound.
let the friendship develop - even if it doesn't go into romance in the future, at least you made a good friend

we literally text everyday and we try to hang out as much as we can with our busy schedule. So its not like she's not interested in me. (She say she does, otherwise she wouldn't have gone on dates with me) but for some reason she can't seem to develop romantic feelings for me yet. She want to, but I told her she might need time. I just dont wanna get friend zone. She's an awesome girl.

And you think of me during breakfast? Awe wil<3

You're doing the right thing, but it sounds like you need more mini-golf.

thanks! I'm glad you guys think I'm doing the right thing. Hopefully by being a good friend/guy. I can show her that I'm the one she need in her life. Someone she can count on. And mini-golf. Is that slang nowadays for something else? I feel old.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair

At least she is upfront with her situation. I think your best bet is to give her space and not to get too hung up or over think this. Do you and if she comes around then the relationship has a real shot.

EdmondD

Good giveaway Arthea. Someone grab Mafia 2 it's a great game.

Well, I got accepted to cover MIND. Some tidbits from the press release for everyone:

Price = 13€, available on PC at launch with Mac support sometime later.
Oculus Rift support will come later but is in the cards and being worked on.
Not exactly Steam specific but, consoles were mentioned as a possibility if all goes well.

Let the games begin.
I'm envious of you getting to play Mind and Eidolon, both games looks cool.

Hugstable

Banned

You're doing the right thing don't worry. And you know SteamGAF loves you haha. CS:GO was too good today, only one loss (if we don't count our really bad first game -___-)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

yes, you are definitely doing this right :) like the guys before me were saying - at least she's honest with you ... which is good :) so just take it slow ... and see what happens :) I'm sure it'll all be good one way or another ... just be patient

Arthea

yea. so I can easily copy that list to my own spreadsheet or what not to mark as redeemed, given away, etc.

while they have been getting better - their system of marking as used or redeemed isn't reliable.. (Groupees wiped my tags I think recently...)

possible next project for jshackles? Bundle Manager - to help you track all your bundles (gets data from all the sites)
you can sort it by platform/service (Steam, Desura, GOG)
you can sort it by games (if you have multiple copies of the same game - it will show which bundle it is from) - you can mark redeemed or given away
you can sort it by bundle provider (humble Groupees etc)

I would pay for something like this.. and help send emails to the bundle providers to support the Bundle Manager api (if it ends up using an api)

we need it to be done!
I'm just too lazy, but someone can (><)

Shadownet

Banned
Thanks for all the advice guys :) I'll keep you guys updated in the future.
------

Now back on topic. Does anyone know if the save file in Witcher 1 transfer to 2 and hopefully 3?

Aka like what Mass Effect and Dragon Age did?

Phinor

Month after month the games on first post remind me how many indie games are coming out, and how I've heard about almost none of them. That wouldn't be bad if my gaming queue / upcoming games list wasn't full already with titles I do know.

And on that note, I really hope we see Wasteland 2 this month. I'm still not convinced but it would be a nice surprise just before the September-November madness starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom